ADVERTISEMENT

Bam and Knox

At this point I think you only need to worry if there is direct evidence of your coach or program orchestrating payment to a player.

The NCAA isn't going to compel a former player who was in high school when he received the "loan" and is now out of college to pay anyone back.

Call me crazy, but this looks good to me. The Auburn-Cam Newton precedent will protect us and regardless, there too many big names involved, NCAA will def punt on this

Ok, I call you crazy.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/...es-include-parents-closes-cam-newton-loophole

NCAA closes Cam Newton loophole
Jan 11, 2012

INDIANAPOLIS -- The NCAA has broadened the definition of agents to include parents, closing the loophole that allowed 2010 Heisman Trophy winner Cam Newton to keep playing despite his father's pay-for-play scheme.

Reactions: TM2013
The NCAA and it's late 1800's mentality that only gentlemen play sports needs to go. The fact agents are loaning money to poor families expecting to be paid back has nothing to do with the schools the players played at in many instances. The system is a joke.

so what again is illegal for a shoe company or an agent to loan a player money? I can't keep up

The NCAA and it's late 1800's mentality that only gentlemen play sports needs to go. The fact agents are loaning money to poor families expecting to be paid back has nothing to do with the schools the players played at in many instances. The system is a joke.
Damn lol. Well in that case I am not too worried because luckily it wasnt 2012 and ultimately, I think they are going to sweep this under the rug before they strip UNC's 2017 title or make Duke vacate a bunch of wins and sit Carter for the rest of the season

This actually isn't nearly as damning as I thought. Knox will not sit or be ruled ineligible for accepting a meal. Maybe the Noel and Bam teams are impacted but it seems unlikey they do anything to those records.

Damn lol. Well in that case I am not too worried because luckily it wasnt 2012 and ultimately, I think they are going to sweep this under the rug before they strip UNC's 2017 title or make Duke vacate a bunch of wins and sit Carter for the rest of the season

You think the millions generated by the NCAA not being shared with players is still ok in 2018?

The system needs to change.

The money Jurich was making.

Your first post ever on our board is to talk about an FBI scandal and butcher the spelling of bullet. Good work.

I haven’t been posting that long, maybe a few weeks. I’ve more less just read all the boards for the last couple years and decided to start posting on THR not to long ago. You’ll have to excuse me if I spell words wrong from time to time I tend to type fast and usually don’t reread before I post. I figure most people are smart enough to know what I mean and if they don’t their to dumb to realize I messed up lol. Thanks for correcting me.

Last edited:
I would think that this is so big, that the NCAA might limit punishment to schools who were actually INVOLVED in the paying of the kids...

It seems that too many kids took money and/or benefits without the schools knowledge to punish them all...

I would think that this is so big, that the NCAA might limit punishment to schools who were actually INVOLVED in the paying of the kids...

It seems that too many kids took money and/or benefits without the schools knowledge to punish them all...

and how can you prove if a school knew or not??

Reactions: thornie1
This sucks. Never understood why a future NBA player would ever take cash when they will be making millions a year later.

Because that money isn’t just going to the player. It’s going to players “handlers” and family....people that need money now.

I’m really glad the FBI is focusing on college players getting meals and transportation paid for while in high school instead of trying harder to prevent school shootings.

What a joke. Every college in America should flip a bird to the NCAA for years of double standards rulings, and another one to the FBI for sitting on their arses when they had hard evidence on when that school shooting was going to take place, and did nothing.

Last edited:
If you believe UK did nothing wrong, you play him.

What's it take to "believe", and how long does it take? I once worked with a doctor who said that printed on the CIA's floor was the phrase "trust by verify". Carried that around for years and it has served me well. You sit him until you verify. I dont give a rats behind what the rest of the country does. We play by the rules and take matters into our own hands when needed.

Let the NCAA try to do anything to any school with players listed.

This is the time for all to unite and tell the NCAA NO. We all withdrawal. You killed the NCAA by letting the Cheating Dean Smiths walk on October 13, 2017 to save face of the myth of DES and the biggest scandal of all time. 3 banners should have come down and thousands of victories.

Reactions: westerncat
I’m really glad the FBI is focusing on college players getting meals and transportation paid for while in high school instead of trying harder to prevent school shootings.

What a joke. Every college in America should flip a the bird to the NCAA for years of double standards rulings, and another one to the FBI for sitting on their arses when they had hard evidence on when that school shooting was going to take place, and did nothing.

The FBI is a large organization and can handle multiple things at a time. They screwed up in Florida, but that doesn't mean we ignore the rest of the counrty. Yeah I'm sick about this too.

Have to see how this shakes out. I still think there will be limited punishment. Maybe just vacated games. The Knox situation is the tough one. If it's just a meal, then that's pretty easy to repay back. I think ultimately Cal survives unless he knew about it. If he did, then kick his ass to the curb.
Sorry

Reactions: Kentuckiddy
The only thing more shocking about this thread is that @Kentuckiddy beat @JFCats22 to create this thread.

You know why a**hole? Because I’m a huge UK fan and have been for 40 years and follow EVERY move they make good or bad. Living in Knoxville, I constantly take more sh!t than you ever will being a Kentucky fan. This is NOT what Cal or Kentucky needs right now as the program is on the edge of turning the corner right now and potentially making a deep run but all you want to do is start a fight on a message board. Grow up man.

Sh!t just got real on campus and these two douche bags ( Thamel/Forde) just mic dropped on college BB and Kentucky.

Knox sits and the season is over.

Reactions: KYCAT78
Maybe Bam and Nerlens could use .0001% of their money to pay back the loans/pay taxes on them, and Knox could give an IOU to pay for his happy meal after draft night :).

This sucks. Never understood why a future NBA player would ever take cash when they will be making millions a year later.

Yeah, but to some of these guys a year is a long time. Their families are bad off and they’re wanting to help ASAP.

I really don’t think the NCAA should have much say in a loan between a player and whoever as long as they aren’t directly employed by that university. They’re adults and made a business decision. All the NCAA cares about is these players being amateurs so they can make bank off of them.

It’s funny they can’t touch a program for 30+ years for making a mockery of education and the term student athlete, yet they have their nose in absolutely everything else.

Reactions: Cindog28
Matt is working the phones and will explain everything at 10:08 and by the time John Short calls in we will feel a lot better

You know why a**hole? Because I’m a huge UK fan and have been for 40 years and follow EVERY move they make good or bad. Living in Knoxville, I constantly take more sh!t than you ever will being a Kentucky fan. This is NOT what Cal or Kentucky needs right now as the program is on the edge of turning the corner right now and potentially making a deep run but all you want to do is start a fight on a message board. Grow up man.

Sh!t just got real on campus and these two douche bags just mic dropped on college BB and Kentucky.

Knox sits and the season is over.

Nobody believes you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT