ADVERTISEMENT

Bad thing is Kansas is not a top 10 team

I think Kansas is a top 10 team. I don't think we are.

I don't think either is a title contender as is. Kansas took a good step tonight with a decent stretch from one of their back up bigs and the ability to play multiple defenses effectively in short stretches. I think that's something that even experienced teams will struggle with

Reactions: Punkie1950
This game was lost by our immaturity in the first half. We do it almost every game. We get out in front only to make dumb pass after dumb pass and let teams back in. It's not that Kansas isn't a really good team, they just shouldn't be able to play with us. It's true.

This game was lost by our immaturity in the first half. We do it almost every game. We get out in front only to make dumb pass after dumb pass and let teams back in. It's not that Kansas isn't a really good team, they just shouldn't be able to play with us. It's true.

Why not? 1-4 they can score from anywhere on the floor. And their 5's are developing into great defenders.

No size, no depth, limited success in tourney..... Not that all that stops ku from sucking in the tourney.

Stupid post. Kansas IS a Top 10 team and a FF contender.

Why genius, because the polls say so?Maybe Bilas told you...well, they've been wrong all year..Maybe it's because they beat an average UK team??.The lost to IU...The refs gave them a game vs KSU and got spanked by WVU..The team i saw was not a F4 team .KU will not improve a whole lot..It's a veteran team...UK had them ready for a knockout and couldn't do it..Not sure why we wanted to force feed Bam.He didn't do much with it when he got it..... .anyway both should be out of the top 10 Monday..

Reactions: Schwagg
Eh? Not sure what you're saying but I know you're not trying to knock Self's success in the tourney. After Cal he has the 2nd most tourney wins of any coach since he's been at KU.
I'm saying plainly that he flames out and underachieves frequently in the tourney. It's no secret to anyone.

Reactions: JoeBeeHall
I'm saying plainly that he flames out and underachieves frequently in the tourney. It's no secret to anyone.

True, but he's actually made it to the tournament every year. Which is a requirement to win a NC. If a title is the measure of success, especially at blue blood programs, then only 1 coach has a successful season each year, and means Cal & Self are tied.

No one would dispute who has recruited more talent. Shouldn't the results net a bigger payoff?

My point being, picking measures of success can be based off different criteria.

I'm tired of the "we're young" excuse. Not because there isn't any validity to it, but because he's chosen to build his team this way, so if you know that it leads to issues at points, then why not address the problem? He's literally been able to raid the cupboard year in & year out. What's preventing him from interjecting the roster with glue guys who are talented but likely to be here 3 or 4 years. Maybe, the staff isn't as good at evaluating talent? Anyone can spot a Ferrari and Lambo and know it's a beast. A lot different from spotting a street car with potential to be a hotrod with some fine tuning. I mean seriously, doesn't it seem like we're stockpiling temporary talent and the only upperclassmen end up being guys once hyped who've stuck around due to underwhelming expectations.

Nobody pegged either guy running the point at KU this year as 1 or 2 year guys, or even they'd be as good as they are. Somehow 2 guys who were going to Towson and Appalachian State turned into the best backcourt in the country. Either way, Self and his staff have a better eye for spotting diamonds in the rough capable of being glue guys, or they're better developing and coaching x's and o's?

True, but he's actually made it to the tournament every year. Which is a requirement to win a NC. If a title is the measure of success, especially at blue blood programs, then only 1 coach has a successful season each year, and means Cal & Self are tied.

No one would dispute who has recruited more talent. Shouldn't the results net a bigger payoff?

My point being, picking measures of success can be based off different criteria.

I'm tired of the "we're young" excuse. Not because there isn't any validity to it, but because he's chosen to build his team this way, so if you know that it leads to issues at points, then why not address the problem? He's literally been able to raid the cupboard year in & year out. What's preventing him from interjecting the roster with glue guys who are talented but likely to be here 3 or 4 years. Maybe, the staff isn't as good at evaluating talent? Anyone can spot a Ferrari and Lambo and know it's a beast. A lot different from spotting a street car with potential to be a hotrod with some fine tuning. I mean seriously, doesn't it seem like we're stockpiling temporary talent and the only upperclassmen end up being guys once hyped who've stuck around due to underwhelming expectations.

Nobody pegged either guy running the point at KU this year as 1 or 2 year guys, or even they'd be as good as they are. Somehow 2 guys who were going to Towson and Appalachian State turned into the best backcourt in the country. Either way, Self and his staff have a better eye for spotting diamonds in the rough capable of being glue guys, or they're better developing and coaching x's and o's?
You can discount the most important because you suck at it. That's just spin.

KU is not legit- their first half would've had any elite team playing against them up 15 or more.

Kansas had also been one of the top 3-pt. shooting teams all season yet was 0-8 on wide open 3 attempts. Make just 2-8 and they'd've actually been ahead at the half.

You f'ing fool you dont know BB if you think their a top team..

They're a top 10 team pure and simple.

I think you're used to some of the past years. This year OVERALL around the country is a "down year" pure and simple. Based on the other teams that are out there this year, Kansas is not only a Top 10 team, they're very likely a Top 4 team and a 1-seed.

Baylor, Gonzaga, WV, UCLA, Zona, NC, Nova, VA, Louisville, Oregon, Wisconsin, Maryland are all better than the Squawks.

Baylor, 'zona & 'nova...maybe even Gonzaga I could take.

Heck, even West Virginia, despite them beating KU by 16 last week is downright "laughable" to suggest. Watch a WVU game in Morgantown....and then WATCH WVU play the same team on the road and watch what happens.

Wisconsin? Maryland? Virginia? Puh-lease!!

This is gold. I'd kill for UK to get a home whistle even half as generous as the one Kansas gets at Phog. Talking in general, not just this game.

Kansas the last 4 seasons has been something like 4th or 5th out of the 10 Big XII teams in FTA taken minus FTA taken by Opps.

Hmmm, maybe not as big of a factor as soooo many point to?

I saw a dude name Myakusucksyla pick up his dribble from half court & make a layup. There were many other obscene calls during that game so I call it a loss for KU. OSU would have won as well. So the squawks have 4 losses. Those r the facts & they r indisputable.

LMAO....I could even see KSU.....OSU's just "laughable"!!!

Kansas had also been one of the top 3-pt. shooting teams all season yet was 0-8 on wide open 3 attempts. Make just 2-8 and they'd've actually been ahead at the half.

Which why some wonder if UK has regressed. 0-8 from 3 is perfect for transition opportunities which UK has been the best at. UK blows it open in the first half and the game looks much different. That's where Briscoe going out and the unpredictability of FR hurt. KY also did not take advantage of trying to get Jackson in foul trouble which he's been in every game I had watched.

This "No Top 10 Team" was ranked 2 in the nation, has had an 18 game winning streak and came into Rupp and kicked our butt. They lost to West Virginia on the road but so what. I would put money on West Virginia at home against almost every team. So if today, Jan 30, 2017, they were not ranked in the Top 10 we may as well throw away the polls.

Let's get real people, they beat us fair and square and they did it without two of their big men. It is what it is.

Reactions: katwest
These are the types of posts talking heads single out to say how ridiculous our fan base is.

Message to OP: this is the type of posts IU and UofL fans make. Quit being that type of fan.

Reactions: khuff80
Kansas the last 4 seasons has been something like 4th or 5th out of the 10 Big XII teams in FTA taken minus FTA taken by Opps.

Hmmm, maybe not as big of a factor as soooo many point to?

You realize how little that stat actually tells us in terms of whether or not they get a favorable whistle or not? I mean that's just simpleton stuff to bring that stat out.

I watch all their home games (and have for years). They get calls that other programs would kill for on a consistent basis. Including Kentucky, which happens to be a better program, yet can't seem to get a similar home whistle for whatever reason.

You realize how little that stat actually tells us in terms of whether or not they get a favorable whistle or not? I mean that's just simpleton stuff to bring that stat out.

I watch all their home games (and have for years). They get calls that other programs would kill for on a consistent basis. Including Kentucky, which happens to be a better program, yet can't seem to get a similar home whistle for whatever reason.

All I'm saying is "overstated"!!! They don't get it any better than any other team at home. Really quite average.

West Virginia, on the other hand, is basically allowed to play a different type of basketball in Morgantown....basketbrawl vs. basketball.

That team is not a F4 team..We stunk the place up ..Bad play and coaching..

Kansas very much is a top team very capable of a deep, Final Four-type run and possibly a championship. You might know a bad play when you see one, but you don't know squat about coaching. You're entitled to your opinions, and I respect that to an extent, but when you categorically state some things not shared by 95% of your readers, it's really hard to take you seriously.

Kansas very much is a top team very capable of a deep, Final Four-type run and possibly a championship. You might know a bad play when you see one, but you don't know squat about coaching. You're entitled to your opinions, and I respect that to an extent, but when you categorically state some things not shared by 95% of your readers, it's really hard to take you seriously.

So you think what i said was only my opinion??you need to get out more..I might know more than you think..I did see Bam get beat a lot on high ball screens ..I saw KU guards drive Fox all night ..Maybe you can you explain why we didn't try a zone?I would help with what i just mentioned

That Kansas team is NOT a championship contender and yes, they are way overrated. I don't know where exactly, but it aint top 5 that's for damn sure.

People just don't realize how bad we played against Kansas. One of the bigger disappointments of any Calipari regular season games for me. Maybe the worst.

Reactions: stoneycat_20
That team is not a F4 team..We stunk the place up ..Bad play and coaching..

They can definitely get to the FF but like everyone, it depends on the draw and matchups. Rupp was a tough place to play on Saturday and they completely tuned it out. I was impressed in their mental toughness. Even as poorly as we played, they definitely had something to do with that. To say they're not a FF team though is crazy. They may not make it, who knows but I know they can with the right variables. Them and about 10-12 other teams as well. There is a lot of legit teams that can make a run. Zona is legit to with Trier coming back.

However, KU is DEFINITELY a Top 10 team. No doubt.

You f'ing fool you dont know BB if you think their a top team..

You said Top 10 team. They're definitely a top 10 team. Are they a top 3 team, who knows but you said top 10. They have a legit backcourt and a superstar in Jackson. If they get Bragg back, that makes them even better. Not seeing how you don't see them as a Top 10 team.

Bragg really isn't a big difference maker for them. He's about what hump is for us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT