ADVERTISEMENT

Back the brinks truck up into CMS's driveway and start unloading bags of dough, Mitch!

If he can finish off this season with at least 9 wins he will be gone. This is a stepping stone school in football so I’m enjoying the season.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
He has too much going for him here. Close to home and his Ohio pipeline, great assistant coaches, ability to build the way he wants to etc. I think it would take an Ohio State, maybe his alma matter to get him to leave. Bar hart will beat any offer financially. No worries there.

Are you? You sound like you're bitching about something that hasn't even happened on one of the biggest nights of the year. Why you don't walk out to the garage and hit your dick with a hammer. Seems like someone with your attitude would do.
I’m really enjoying it.

Success on the football field makes me feel happier than anything that happens in basketball.

Reactions: WLGenerals
Stoops is not going anywhere!! He will be loyal and stay as long as he want's. I think he likes it here and was a big reason for all the FB improvements..

GBB
Exactly. These facility improvements, expectations and results are due to him coming in and selling the product. This has his stamp ALL over it. He's already paid Top 25 or better. WHY would he want to ride off someone else's name when he will have his name ALL over everything??

You don't get it. Try that attitude with Cal.
"You make enough. So shut up or move on"

You don’t get it stoops was already overpaid. He didn’t come in with Cals credibility as a winner. He was a d coordinator and is paid handsomely. Edit : he was top 5 with his contract extension but is now in the top 20. I think he’s where he needs to be. Now if we win 10 games that changes the calculus

Reactions: Blueworld_3.0
I’m sure they said the same when Coach K started winning at Duke. And when Calhoun started winning at UCONN. Your negative vibes, although in good nature, suck after this big win.
Duke was only a couple years removed from a national title appearance when he went their. Calhoun isn’t a bad comparison. I’m not meaning to be negative. I’m going to enjoy the season and hope this is our shining moment.

Mark this thread and see what happens if we win 9. He knows we lose a lot in the secondary, Benny and Allen next year. He’s a good enough business man to know he should leave.

I’m just hoping for a great bowl destination against an historically good program and we will talk about this bunch for decades.

The man is getting talent to Lexington. It would have to be a big job like a top 5 job for him to leave. The places i could see him leaving for are locked down right now. I just don’t see it. He is just now starting to bear the fruits of his labor. He’s gonna want to see how far he can take it.
If you can some 10 win seasons he’d be paid Weill to stay in Fayette

I don't see him going anywhere. I'm sure that if Taggert flames out at FSU they'll come calling and perhaps some place like Arkansas or Nebraska, but he's got a good thing going here. It would have to be with a team that's Top Five every season so I just don't see it.

If he can finish off this season with at least 9 wins he will be gone. This is a stepping stone school in football so I’m enjoying the season.
Actually competing in the SEC East is a stepping stone? This ain’t your daddy’s UK football program son.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Actually competing in the SEC East is a stepping stone? This ain’t your daddy’s UK football program son.

It’s may not be your daddy’s team, but it’s still the same program.

I would hope someone wins here and stays, but I wouldn’t count on it.

"Stepping stone school in football"?

Huh? Please tell me what coach has used their time at U.K. as a stepping stone. Maybe to retirement or Division 2.
Stoops is following his plan- and he seems like he's very committed to the program. Don't think he's going anywhere until he's sure he has made U.K. a consistent winner.

Reactions: Aike
I don't see him going anywhere. I'm sure that if Taggert flames out at FSU they'll come calling and perhaps some place like Arkansas or Nebraska, but he's got a good thing going here. It would have to be with a team that's Top Five every season so I just don't see it.
I'd worry about Ohio St., but it looks like Meyer survives and even if not, I think Stoops would be far from their first choice at this point, unless we do something like win the SEC. Florida St. could also be a concern but I can't see them canning Taggart until he has three bad years, if he does not get it fixed.

Check my posting history. I have been a big CMS fan since the beginning.

He has really turned some heads tonight. It'd be silly to think that every top school in the country won't pursue him if he keeps this up. Winning 10+ games at UK is rarer than Georgia winning a NT historically.

Reactions: BlueTick2
Let's wait until we finish out the season before we start talking more extensions. The last one was a bit much and a little too early. Hopefully if there is another extension, it will benefit the school as much as the coach. Hopefully we can make it an expensive buyout that will keep some suitors away.

Niece and her husband were over earlier, and after U6 lost to Virgin he said, "Man! I am so ready for Petrino to move on! But at least we play good defense:!" After picking my jaw up off the floor I told him, :"Don't fret. He's ready to move on too, now that Charlie's players are gone"[roll]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT