ADVERTISEMENT

Back from my ban by posting that the UK win at UT is the biggest upset in UK history and here is why:

Lmfao. Biggest upset of my lifetime was beating #9 LSU in 1990. There’s not even a close second, IMO. We had the roster of a low end OVC team, with zero athleticism & no player taller than 6-7. LSU had Chris Jackson & the two 7-foot beasts, Shaq & Stanley Roberts. The current team has enough talent that no win should be considered an upset. We just have a coach who has mismanaged the roster into a shit team thru 16 games.
I remember at that time there was actually a weekly coaches show that was entertaining and they had video clips of our guys preparing for the game against Shaq and Stanley Roberts. One of the coaches was trying to block the players shots with a broom 😂. Ah good times! 😂😂😂

Good post. When a UK win is the greatest upset in modern sports history, we have fallen too far.
No one said anything about modern sports history. Like I said no UK team in 6 previous attempts before Sat. was able to take down a top 10 UT team in Knoxville. Cal was able to do it with an unranked UK team and UT #5.
I know this chaps alot of the Cal haters arses but deal with it.

I remember at that time there was actually a weekly coaches show that was entertaining and they had video clips of our guys preparing for the game against Shaq and Stanley Roberts. One of the coaches was trying to block the players shots with a broom 😂. Ah good times! 😂😂😂
#9 in Rupp doesnt trump #5 in Knoxville. Get a grip.

#9 in Rupp doesnt trump #5 in Knoxville. Get a grip.
Your only going by rankings, instead of talent and matchups. UK was ranked top 5 preseason. We probably have more 5 stars on our team than UT. It was a big upset and one that we desperately needed but if UK had played this season the way they should have, it could have been 2 top 10 teams matching up

Your only going by rankings, instead of talent and matchups. UK was ranked top 5 preseason. We probably have more 5 stars on our team than UT. It was a big upset and one that we desperately needed but if UK had played this season the way they should have, it could have been 2 top 10 teams matching up
Game was in Knoxville. UK was down its PG and #7 player. Wallace was banged up and only played 22 minutes and scored zero points.
Your turn.

University of Kentucky basketball and our biggest upset win shouldn't even be discussed in the same breath. Prior to the last few years, we expected to win every game we played. We didn't win every game we played but the other team typically stormed the court if they won regardless of both teams rankings.

Looks like he came back more ridiculous than ever.

I am opposed to actually putting someone on ignore and have not done it to date, but I guess I'm going to break the ice now.

I don't understand what someone gets out of purposefully and intentionally antagonizing UK fans over and over and over and over and over and over. I understand having differing viewpoints, but he clearly is just posting to see how much he can stir the pot. And even that wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't just constant.

You're right, but don't bother.

He is only doing this to antagonize us and see what kinds of arguments he can get us into.

Off topic but that just got me remembering that show and one episode Richie Farmer and Rick Pitino was trying to imitate each other’s accents, basically farmer just added an R at the end of every word 😂. I’m sitting at work laughing like a crazy person 😂

Game was in Knoxville. UK was down its PG and #7 player. Wallace was banged up and only played 22 minutes and scored zero points.
Your turn.
Kentucky won in spite of Calipari. And you're the only doofus who would say that we were down our starting PG, when everyone knows that the lineup Cal was FORCED to run with was what we've all been begging for.

I would argue it is the greatest win in not only UK history but in all of basketball, sports, lawn darts, and military history. Bigger than Agincourt. Bigger than Yorktown.

Yep. In fact, even bigger than Luke coming all the way back from hiding like a sissy under the rafters to cutting off Vader’s mechanical hand after Vader said, “Give yourself to the Dark Side. It is the only way you can save your friends. Yes, your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong. Especially for... sister. So, you have a twin sister. Your feelings have now betrayed her, too. Obi-Wan was wise to hide her from me. Now his failure is complete. If you will not turn to the Dark Side... then perhaps she will.”

Kentucky won in spite of Calipari. And you're the only doofus who would say that we were down our starting PG, when everyone knows that the lineup Cal was FORCED to run with was what we've all been begging for.
And Wallace was banged up too!

How bout them Vikings?
Fun season:
Greatest comeback in NFL history
Longest Viking FG ever and it won the game at the horn.
11-0 in 1 score games in reg season another NFL record
Jefferson had over 1,800 yds breaking Moss’ single season Vikings record.
So Darrisaw moved a muscle, it happens.

Fun season:
Greatest comeback in NFL history
Longest Viking FG ever and it won the game at the horn.
11-0 in 1 score games in reg season another NFL record
Jefferson had over 1,800 yds breaking Moss’ single season Vikings record.
So Darrisaw moved a muscle, it happens.

Jefferson was amazing. Not just the Vikings record, but the 6th most receiving yards in a season in NFL history.

b68427bf869f6f8771a2e6492c4404fd.jpg

I see everyone give op a hard time. Just wondering what exactly has some people downright hating this person. Would also like to know how and why he was banned.

You want someone to give you the 12 year backstory with all his different handles?

Just stick around and pay attention, you’ll pick up on quite a lot.

I see everyone give op a hard time. Just wondering what exactly has some people downright hating this person. Would also like to know how and why he was banned.
I honestly dont know why I was banned.
Maybe profanity.
Im a very optimistic Christian most of the time but like all Christians Im still a sinner saved by Jesus’ wonderful grace.
And I dont care what the haters say, Sat. was the biggest upset win in UK history and rights the ship to the ship.

IMO the year we beat the Greg Oden led O State team in the tourney was the biggest " upset". I can remember. The Buckeyes were clearly the best team in country coming into that tourney and almost nobody gave us a chance to win that game( except Big Blue fans). Beating a great Wichita State team in the 8-1 game of tourney was also a huge win where we were the underdogs. Both of those teams would beat the spots off of this year's UT squad.

Meh, thats the 1st time in 7 tries that UK has gone into Knoxville and defeated a top 10 UT team. UK has brought in a # 4 team under those circumstances and couldnt do it. Furthermore, not only was UK unranked but UT was #5. Its an historic upset of epic proportions and proves that Cal still has it and his HOF status is justified.
You still do not get it.
We are UK; we do not "upset" folks" they upset us. We are the Gold Standard, remember your daddy preaching this?
Spin your little BS all you want; one game is not who we are.
Let Coach Cal salvage this season and then let's see if he still has it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT