ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting August 22 Jasper Johnson Note

David Sisk

Jun 10, 2015
I have posted about Jasper Johnson when I have been given information. I realize it is not as much as some would like, and I apologize for that. However, I had reasons for that. 1) I wasn't hearing anything different. Alabama was in the lead. 2) I didn't want to keep coming on here everyday and saying it's Bama. That would be like rubbing it in a sore wound, and I don't want to do that.

My source who is very knowledgeable about the whole thing has stayed with the Tide for good reason. Some of the very connected national media guys have agreed with him, and I think have heard similar news from their sources. But he told me for the first time just a few minutes ago, "It's Kentucky based on what I am hearing. " He just texted me again as I write this and said, "It's done to Kentucky."

I have spoken with a lot of recruiting media people today, and nobody really knew the exact reasons for a flip. As I have said here before, the Craft's have stepped up with more NIL offerings since the original bid was placed. Nate Oats had to feel good until it started to become uncertain. Any doubt had to be good for the home team with the incredible basketball brand. As I have gotten more info in the past hour I feel safe for the first time saying Jasper Johnson will be a Wildcat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.