ADVERTISEMENT

Attention UK FootballStaff!!

I know it is slow around here and will be for a while, but can we keep complaining about the same stuff over and over again without acknowledging that plans are in place to change?

Before Coen I would completely agree that stoops will never change. Two years ago he made a definite shift to try and move to a somewhat more modern offense and we won 10 games, then stoops made the worst hire of his tenure and wasted an entire season.

Now coen is back and stoops has commented on playing more appropriate offense as far as not waiting until the last second to snap every single play I believe.

It appears things are trending towards what every fan wants, but it could just be more coach speak like the tubby “fast paced” talk we heard for years.

I think we should show excitement towards the future and pray that Leary plays every snap next year, or 0-12 isn’t out of the picture lol.

I’ll give you this. I had not watched tcu much. To my point, Georgia and Michigan run the same type of offense. It’s a pure pro style. Throw Tcu out
Here is the difference and it seems a lot of our fans and maybe some of our coaches can't understand for whatever reason.

All those teams you mentioned are running a pro style offense with future pro 4-5 star O line, QB, TE, and WR.....except for TCU.

Sonny Dykes runs a version of the spread, air raid, Mike Leach offense with 3 STAR PLAYERS, and is able to compete with the big boys BECAUSE OF HIS SPREAD OFFENSE.

Same offense that Heupel runs at Tennessee. Some coaches are too stubborn to acknowledge they have to play an innovative offense to score against a pro defense and you darn sure can't run a pro style offense behind a MAC O line with a back-up Big 10 QB.

Last edited:
This. But also why UT will never win the east or play in the conf championship. UGA can put defense on hard but if they need to they can score more and hold you for just enough

Also heard before the season how UT was going to be no better than the butch Jones era. How last season was a fluke because now sec defenses have a year of film on them.

Guess what they gonna finish top 7 in the country. If they didn't have that locker room fight before SC they might of been playing for a title

Reactions: BigBlue1992
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT