ADVERTISEMENT

Attention UK FootballStaff!!

Realworld GIF by Paramount+

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Shows you have to be able to pass the ball downfield and put up points to play modern football.

But, Stoops is probably too busy watching replays of screen passes and runs up the middle to notice.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
It isn't necessary to score in the 40s every game. But in those games where you need to score 40 or more to win, you damn well better have the ability to do so. Georgia has the ability to win games that are low scoring or high scoring. That is the hallmark of a really good team.

Georgia, Michigan and TCU play the exact same style of ball that Kentucky plays. Typical pro style offense. The difference is their rosters are waaaaay more talented than ours.
TCU is a little different in they spread the field a little more.

But next year we will have a few talented WR's and TE's to go with a 1,000 yd rusher and a great QB. Hopefully Coen can do even MORE than he did during his first stint with all of the talent we will have next year!!

Georgia, Michigan and TCU play the exact same style of ball that Kentucky plays. Typical pro style offense. The difference is their rosters are waaaaay more talented than ours.
TCU had similar recruiting classes to us every year except for the last 2 years where ours was ranked much higher.

Rivals Team Rankings
TCU 28
UK 30

TCU 29
UK 30

TCU 24
UK 21

TCU 63
UK 34

TCU 60
UK 14

We really haven't had QB that could make a clutch DOWNFIELD throw against a quality opponent in the crunch since Woodson was here. The difference between Ala , UGAand us is when they need such a play they have someone who can deliver. Plus the 4 yard and a cloud of dust offense we play doesn't attract the kind of receivers we need to get to the next level. Right now we have 2 good ones. UGA, Bama , LSU even UT have 5 or 6.

TCU had similar recruiting classes to us every year except for the last 2 years where ours was ranked much higher.

Rivals Team Rankings
TCU 28
UK 30

TCU 29
UK 30

TCU 24
UK 21

TCU 63
UK 34

TCU 60
UK 14
They’ve been successful for years. It was always them and boise who were the biggest over achievers. I admire their programs. Dykes is a hell of a coach.

They still play a pro style offense just like Kentucky does. If you want to argue dykes is better than stoops then I won’t argue.

And UK is never gonna get that level of talent so maybe the pro style isn't going to work so well overall.
Stoops has layed the groundwork for a pro style offense for a decade. The pro style offense is a winning style. We scored 30 a game with it last year. You can win with any style of offense of you have talent and execution.

What you saw today was kentuckys JV team. Don’t over react. Now, the offense sucked all season and that’s on the guy we just fired as well as an underperforming OL.

It isn't necessary to score in the 40s every game. But in those games where you need to score 40 or more to win, you damn well better have the ability to do so. Georgia has the ability to win games that are low scoring or high scoring. That is the hallmark of a really good team.
This. But also why UT will never win the east or play in the conf championship. UGA can put defense on hard but if they need to they can score more and hold you for just enough

Reactions: Ky grandpa
This. But also why UT will never win the east or play in the conf championship. UGA can put defense on hard but if they need to they can score more and hold you for just enough

East is about to be a dodo bird.

And they don't have to win the division to make the playoff. They beat sc this year and theu are on and in 2 years they will be in if they go 10 and 2 again.

Our offense couldn't score 40 against an FCS team. They barely broke 30. You just aren't going to do much better than 7 wins most years with an offense this bad. By not blowing teams out, we also didnt develop our backups as well as we needed to. All it took was 1 injury and our whole season was derailed.

The big difference is they dont prioritize running clock over everything and don’t always call passively. Schools today are willing to live with a few more mistakes in order to play aggressively. We play from a shorten the game objective in every sense.

Stoops has layed the groundwork for a pro style offense for a decade. The pro style offense is a winning style. We scored 30 a game with it last year. You can win with any style of offense of you have talent and execution.

What you saw today was kentuckys JV team. Don’t over react. Now, the offense sucked all season and that’s on the guy we just fired as well as an underperforming OL.
What are you talking about? Wjtb the hire of Coen two years ago we layed the ground work for pro style….the other seven years were anything but

They’ve been successful for years. It was always them and boise who were the biggest over achievers. I admire their programs. Dykes is a hell of a coach.

They still play a pro style offense just like Kentucky does. If you want to argue dykes is better than stoops then I won’t argue.
This is not remotely true. Dykes plays a true Air Raid offense. To say they run the same offense that UK does is completely inaccurate. They are a pass heavy, up tempo aggressive offense. Stoops O is closer to 50-50, though still leaning toward the run. Plays are run as slowly as possible. Other than the fact that sometimes UK throws the football and so does TCU, there are no similarities.

Our offense couldn't score 40 against an FCS team. They barely broke 30. You just aren't going to do much better than 7 wins most years with an offense this bad. By not blowing teams out, we also didnt develop our backups as well as we needed to. All it took was 1 injury and our whole season was derailed.
That is Stoops philosophy. We never prepare the backup QB. We never give the backup QB live reps. If the backup QB gets in the game, we just hand the ball off. Luckily, Levis was able to play in all but one game this year but if he had missed extended time, we would've been screwed. Until Stoops changes his philosophy of the backup QB, we're just a turned ankle away from disaster every year.

While we’ve gone around saying ‘I didn’t think UK could win fb games without using a gimmick…’ we actually are using a gimmick. In this day and age of football doing the run down the clock thing is an aberration and some near cousin to option football.

That is Stoops philosophy. We never prepare the backup QB. We never give the backup QB live reps. If the backup QB gets in the game, we just hand the ball off. Luckily, Levis was able to play in all but one game this year but if he had missed extended time, we would've been screwed. Until Stoops changes his philosophy of the backup QB, we're just a turned ankle away from disaster every year.
It is amazing how bad our backup QB's are.

Bet UT makes it to the playoffs before us! Especially when it goes to 12 teams.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Stoops problem with offense is that he came here with only one offensive philosophy...don't put the defense in a bad position. And then he adopts a completely new offensive system almost every year and maybe too complex for new players to master.

Please don't even mention "we were playing a backup qb"...opposing backup qbs have destroyed UK for years so it is possible to have backups who know what to do when they enter the game.

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
This is not remotely true. Dykes plays a true Air Raid offense. To say they run the same offense that UK does is completely inaccurate. They are a pass heavy, up tempo aggressive offense. Stoops O is closer to 50-50, though still leaning toward the run. Plays are run as slowly as possible. Other than the fact that sometimes UK throws the football and so does TCU, there are no similarities.
I’ll give you this. I had not watched tcu much. To my point, Georgia and Michigan run the same type of offense. It’s a pure pro style. Throw Tcu out

You must have seen a different team than I saw this year. Uk was no semblance’s to any team any team scoring 40-50 pts
I agree. Was it scheme? Or talent? During the season it was lack of execution and a poor line. Oh and a OC who couldn’t communicate his scheme (a pro style offensive scheme). Yesterday it was a talent issue. We played our JV team in a bowl game.

Don’t forget we scored 30 a game last year with the same scheme that Michigan and Georgia runs. The OC is coming back and we are bringing in the best qb available. We also went and got some OL help and a RB. I want to see less crying and whining and coveting. People act like stoops doesn’t want to score the ball.

I’ll give you this. I had not watched tcu much. To my point, Georgia and Michigan run the same type of offense. It’s a pure pro style. Throw Tcu out
I'll agree with that and those teams have more talent than UK. But, TCU does not, not if you believe the recruiting rankings at all. Clearly Dykes is not spending as much time as Stoops at trying to plug square pegs into round holes on offense. In today's game you have to be able to score points if you want to win. I want to see him embrace that fact and then figure out what needs to be done defensively to make things work. He's putting an artificial ceiling on what his teams are capable of accomplishing by not doing so.

I agree. Was it scheme? Or talent? During the season it was lack of execution and a poor line. Oh and a OC who couldn’t communicate his scheme (a pro style offensive scheme). Yesterday it was a talent issue. We played our JV team in a bowl game.

Don’t forget we scored 30 a game last year with the same scheme that Michigan and Georgia runs. The OC is coming back and we are bringing in the best qb available. We also went and got some OL help and a RB. I want to see less crying and whining and coveting. People act like stoops doesn’t want to score the ball.
Stoops is a clock management defense wins games man, not a score the ball man.

Reactions: Cat06
ADVERTISEMENT