ADVERTISEMENT

Attendance at Game Saturday

I'm not sure all the fans wanted to make a point. They just don't care and had other things they could be doing.

Its an SEC game. It will be packed

Sat night against USC?? You are dreaming. We gave away tons of tickets for the opener and there were still plenty of tickets available at kickoff and tons of empty seats. And that was BEFORE the three bad performances in a row. I will be there, but no way will it be packed.

Probably a good guess. South Carolina travels well. I was down in Nashville for the Vandy game a couple weeks ago and impressed how many they brought for a Thursday night game.

Yeah, but Nashville is a great place to take a long weekend trip to. They won't bring as many here

What was the official attendance last Saturday? I'm sure the announced number was much more than the actual number.

I'm not sure all the fans wanted to make a point. They just don't care and had other things they could be doing.
Unfortunately, I think this is the truest statement. There are maybe 15-20K hardcore UK football fans that will go to every game. The remaining 30-35K are casual fans that will not show up, or stay in the parking lot, if the team is struggling or the weather is bad.

Reactions: UKvisitor
How big of a role did the rain play vs. fans not coming to make a point?

I had a high school event I had to attend. Those that were able to see it were claiming 5,000 were there. When I read the attendance, it said almost 50,000.

Which was it.

I had a high school event I had to attend. Those that were able to see it were claiming 5,000 were there. When I read the attendance, it said almost 50,000.

Which was it.
If someone told you 5000, they had an agenda or they have some serious counting issues. I would say that 30 - 35K is in the ballpark ... get it? "in the ballpark"
Sorry.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
Attendance should be zero. If your a "fan" and attending this dumpster fire of a season, your partially responsible for him keeping his job. You should leave right along with him.
How can you blame season ticket holders for using the tickets that they paid good money for? If you think that attendance is going to get Stoops fired before the end of the season then you're ignorant.
However, I think season tickets numbers next year are going to be awful, Stoops or not. But, please continue on about how the "fans" are part of the problem because I assure you that the "fans" are not any part of the problem.

If you bought season tickets, then the department already has your money. No reason to waste them. Go and cheer like crazy or give them to someone who will.
Not going is not supporting the team. Even if you do like the coaching, do not turn your back on the players, unless they have given up. For every player sweating and putting forth the effort, they deserve a standing ovation.

Attendance should be zero. If your a "fan" and attending this dumpster fire of a season, your partially responsible for him keeping his job. You should leave right along with him.

You, sir, are a total joke. You have no right to tell me what kind of fan I am or that I'm partially responsible for keeping Stoops here. That's just a ridiculous and juvenile take to have in attacking UK fans. I have season tickets and I'm not a rich person. I paid for them out of my UK spending budget and I'll be darned if I'm just going to throw money away. Also, what about supporting the UK kids who are out there playing? All you focus in on is Stoops but totally ignore the kids wearing the UK uniform. I'm definitely not pleased by what is happening in the program right now but I can't afford to just throw money away either. I must not make the same kind of money as you as it seems you can afford to just pay for those tickets and then stay away, I can't. And, don't ever tell me to leave with Stoops when he goes when I'm the one out there in the rain watching, cheering for and supporting our UK guys while you stay home and act like a big shot internet bully. Again, I'm not happy with the state of the football program but I think people like you who try to insult and push your agenda on others make me even more angry. My attending or not attending won't have one bit of effect on whether Stoops is here next year or not, they already have cashed my check for season tickets so they have my money in the bank.

If someone told you 5000, they had an agenda or they have some serious counting issues. I would say that 30 - 35K is in the ballpark ... get it? "in the ballpark"
Sorry.

Exactly right. 5000 wasn't even close. I was there too and I would say your numbers are much closer to being right. It was a rather empty looking stadium but nowhere near just being 5000. I'm guessing closer to 45,000-50,000 this Saturday. It's supposed to be a fantastic weather day, first SEC home game and against a team that is having a lot of problems themselves so a "possibility" of an SEC win for the Cats.

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
You, sir, are a total joke. You have no right to tell me what kind of fan I am or that I'm partially responsible for keeping Stoops here. That's just a ridiculous and juvenile take to have in attacking UK fans. I have season tickets and I'm not a rich person. I paid for them out of my UK spending budget and I'll be darned if I'm just going to throw money away. Also, what about supporting the UK kids who are out there playing? All you focus in on is Stoops but totally ignore the kids wearing the UK uniform. I'm definitely not pleased by what is happening in the program right now but I can't afford to just throw money away either. I must not make the same kind of money as you as it seems you can afford to just pay for those tickets and then stay away, I can't. And, don't ever tell me to leave with Stoops when he goes when I'm the one out there in the rain watching, cheering for and supporting our UK guys while you stay home and act like a big shot internet bully. Again, I'm not happy with the state of the football program but I think people like you who try to insult and push your agenda on others make me even more angry. My attending or not attending won't have one bit of effect on whether Stoops is here next year or not, they already have cashed my check for season tickets so they have my money in the bank.

PREACH

I tried to read your post ORCAT but then the excuses started. You lost me at that point.

A 1-11 record and an empty stadium are the ONLY HOPE we have of getting rid of this joke of a coaching staff. Its really not that difficult of a concept.

I'm sick of this "I'll support the team no matter what" bs.

People like you with your complacency are half the reason our football program is garbage.

As long as idiots keep showing up to games, our idiot AC will keep his job and our head idiot will be here next season.

Do go ahead and attend games in the rain though... I'm sure Stoops and Barney appreciate it. In sure the players do to. They would rather be embarrassed in public.

My sentiments exactly ORCAT!

I tried to read your post ORCAT but then the excuses started. You lost me at that point.

A 1-11 record and an empty stadium are the ONLY HOPE we have of getting rid of this joke of a coaching staff. Its really not that difficult of a concept.

People like you with your complacency are half the reason our football program is garbage.

As long as idiots keep showing up to games, our idiot AC will keep his job and our head idiot will be here next season.

Do go ahead and attend games in the rain though... I'm sure Stoops and Barney appreciate it. In sure the players do to. They would rather be embarrassed in public.

What in the world excuses are you referring to, that I already paid for my tickets or that I support the kids wearing our school's uniform? Complacency? You said you didn't even read my post so I guess you missed it where I said, twice, that I'm upset with the state of the program. Your post, again, makes little sense other than just being super negative. I want Stoops gone too so don't try to say I'm an idiot. Resorting to insulting me is only a reflection of your own "intelligence" and/or the fact you have no real argument.

From what could be seen and "shown" on TV it looked to be in the 25-35K range. Some will blame the rain but that is just spin. Folks will go to a UK basketball game in a blizzard and have.
The reason attendance was low is because most were doing it in response to a bad football team and bad coaching. Stoops has lost a nig majority of the fanbase and beating a really bad NMSU team won't fix that. USC ain't what they have been under Spurrier or Holtz. Beating them will not signify much either.

I am not going to go as far as calling anyone names for going to the games but I will respectfully say this...If you are financially unable to just stop showing up because you already made the investment, that is one thing. But you are in fact part of the reason Stoops could remain for longer than he should. Not going to bash you for going, because again it is understandable in some situations. But you are part of the reason, sorry to say.

I do find it fairly out of line to be excited and happy to support such a team. It should not be something anyone is proud of...telling us strangers you go to the games is one thing, but just don't tell your friends.

Some of you say go to support the kids if they aren't giving up yet..well that's kind of understandable. But from Jordan Jones admitting some kids are giving up, and Mikel showing he isn't too happy. I bet there is real tensions in the locker room. The defense to me isn't trying anymore. You could put up a good amount of FCS defenses that would blow ours out of the water. I think a lot of players HAVE given up. If UK loses this weekend I don't see how anyone who isn't financially strong would spend a cent in gas and food to go to the games if you are worried about money.

Will the stands be full for game this week? I know I'm not going after what I've seen the past 3 weeks

so YOU hope the team you are a "fan" of goes 1-11 ,, and you are saying this after game 3!! Yeah you are a super fan alright!

Reactions: KYWILDCATS14
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT