ADVERTISEMENT

ATT Fiber Internet

TCurtis75

Senior
Feb 4, 2004
Just switched to ATT fiber internet from Spectrum Cable internet. Still trying to figure out the app and the setup. So far I’m impressed with the speeds and lack of the lag we had with Spectrum. Does anyone else have it? What are your thoughts and any tips on how to maximize the performance?

How fast is it? I have x-finity and my download is usually 600 plus. And I live in a rural area. I know some urban speeds are 1200 plus.

How fast is it? I have x-finity and my download is usually 600 plus. And I live in a rural area. I know some urban speeds are 1200 plus.
We opted for the mid level speed which is 500 mbps which is more than enough for us and speed test has it closer to 600. They have up to 5 gig download speeds. They also have a 2 gig and 1 gig option. We pay $65 a month. The 1 gig is $80 and it goes up from there.

ATT has always had the best products but the worst customer service. Each year they will raise your price and if you call to complain they will stall you and pass you around and make sure u hang up before you ever get to talk to someone. I will never buy one of their products again.

ATT has always had the best products but the worst customer service. Each year they will raise your price and if you call to complain they will stall you and pass you around and make sure u hang up before you ever get to talk to someone. I will never buy one of their products again.
I have never had that problem. In fact, I got a promo when I initially got Directv that was supposed to only last a year. 7 years later I am still getting it. I also never have an issue talking to a live person anytime I call. I did have the problem when I had Spectrum cable though.

I have fiber 500 speed. Love it. Always have very fast speeds.

We always had issues with signal reaching our room from where our router is. House is very old so walls are thick and signal doesn’t not pass through easy. When we switched to fiber, the issue went away.

We are building a house right now and I ran Ethernet throughout the house so all TV’s and computer can we hard wired. Will he getting fiber again and don’t expect to ever have any issues.

Just switched to ATT fiber internet from Spectrum Cable internet. Still trying to figure out the app and the setup. So far I’m impressed with the speeds and lack of the lag we had with Spectrum. Does anyone else have it? What are your thoughts and any tips on how to maximize the performance?
Are you in Lexington? Is it available in Lexington?

I have never had that problem. In fact, I got a promo when I initially got Directv that was supposed to only last a year. 7 years later I am still getting it. I also never have an issue talking to a live person anytime I call. I did have the problem when I had Spectrum cable though.
I am glad to hear u are problem free. They even opened up a second account and tried to bill me for two accounts. That is how bad it got. I didn’t owe them and refused to pay them so they finally let up. Hope you have continued good service with them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT