ADVERTISEMENT

At mid point of season, here is what I think I know

Tskware

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2003
As has often been said, you are never as bad as you think you are, but never as good as you think you are either. Everybody knew Georgia at Athens was a L from the day the schedule was released, so whether it was 51-13 or 14-13, was a nearly certain loss.

That being said:

I am about 90% sure our defense is better than it looked on Saturday, sure has played better vs. Vandy and Florida than v. UGA, so I am going to give them a pass . . . but we better count on a lot of short passes like Georgia used as we had no answer.

I am also about 90% sure that Leary is about what we have seen so far, either his injury has altered his passing, or he just was overrated, but in either case, I don't think he is good enough to carry the team. But, as per usual, I am 99% sure that we have no backup worth playing, so we are going to have to sink or swim with Leary.

Davis, OTOH, is a lot better than I expected. No one wants to hear this, but probably need to ride him just like we did with Snell and C Rod. Good thing is that he is a really good receiver as well as RB. But if he gets hurt (or Leary) we are just about totally screwed.

I am 100% sure we have a top drawer PK, would not be surprised if Raynor wins us a game this year.

I said at beginning of the year that I thought 8-4 was about where we would finish, and I will stick with that assessment so far. Louisville is a lot better than expected, but USC and Miss State have not shown much this year. Also 100% sure that Missouri is a huge game for the rest of the season, bounce back and win it, then 6-1 going into an off week will make everyone feel a lot better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News