ADVERTISEMENT

Assuming we handle South Carolina in Ky; would a win over #1 Georgia be the biggest in program history?

HerrosHeroes

All-American
Aug 16, 2018
I think it would and here’s why:

It would top the Oklahoma Sugar Bowl win because that was 75 yrs ago and UK still didnt win the national title.

It would top the LSU win back in 2007 as UK didnt win the National Title that yr either.

I think a win over Georgia this season would be the biggest win in UK history as we would be 3-0, ranked in the top 10 (maybe top 5) and would have a realistic shot at the 12 team playoff, whereas we “could” win the National Title after beating #1..

Make no mistake, this UK team is loaded on both sides of the football and with the big game being in the Bluegrass we will have a realistic shot at beating the Bulldogs.

If we do best south carolina, I would say we should sit the starters and milk the clock with our backups. No chance in beating Georgia. best bet is to rest the starters for the other hard games coming up. Georgia is a dominant monster on a whole other level... same as bama in their hay day.

Reactions: westerncat
I mean we have to beat Georgia at SOME point but I’m pretty much penciling in a loss to them this year, which I’m fine with tbh

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Yes for the foreseeable future. GA is the Hurdle. And as long as we are in the running the GA game will always be the bar to hurdle. If you beat UGA you start thinking playoffs.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
How long has it been since UGA lost a regular season game? Would be huge but it’s a pipe dream.

That said, if we beat USC I will have myself convinced that we have a chance!

Reactions: HerrosHeroes
No, it wouldn't be.

And it is extremely unlikely to happen. OP is a troll and will fake sunshine pump and then trash the team when we inevitable lose to Georgia in 2 weeks. He does the same thing on basketball board.

He may be a real UK fan, but if so he is bi polar as hell.

How long has it been since UGA lost a regular season game? Would be huge but it’s a pipe dream.

That said, if we beat USC I will have myself convinced that we have a chance!
Because we do!
We are easily a top 20 team right now
Game is in Kentucky
We have a revenge factor times 14
We have a 5 star former UGA QB and a stud former Georgia LB
We start nothing but Seniors and Juniors
Georgia lost several to the NFL last yr
They have no dominant offense player as in yrs past
This is the best UK team in 45 plus yr. (Circa 1977) and may be the best ever!
We have AAs on the O and the D.
We have the winningest HC in UK history
Georgia will come in #1 and haughty and no place to go but down!

Go to 5:30-6:20 and live a little:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT