ADVERTISEMENT

Aside from UK basketball, what is your favorite sports team?

No.. I stopped following baseball after ATL started suckin it up.. I was a cowboys fan before UK bball.. Started watching UK in '89.. And its 50/50 Bama/UK football..
I'm with Supafuzz. I loved the Braves under John Sherholz and Bobby Cox. Even back to Hank Aaron. Since they traded Jason Heyward, I root for the Cardinals.

Reactions: Supafuzz75
Pro baseball: Reds (despise Cardinals)
Pro football: Bengals
College football: UK then VA Tech
NBA: all with former UK players
Golf: Bubba and Phil
I would also hate a team that is 19 games ahead in the NL central.

Was a long time Yankees fan (before Steinbrenner ruined them) - favorite player was Mickey Mantle - the best baseball player ever. Became a Reds fan when our high school coach, Tommy Downing, took us to see Reds - Cubs doubleheader in 1963. Enjoyed the Big Red Machine and then the miracle Reds of 1990. Was in Vegas and bet the Reds to win the series in April of 1990. Got 18 to 1, made a nice piece of change on that bet. Only made two bets like that in my life, both on the Reds - won the other bet of course as I be the Reds at 6 - 1 to win the National League the same year. Now, I am 100% UK 24/7/365. Live on the Cats Illustrated Boards and watch the Cats on TV as often as possible. Play a little Golf and now love watching the young guns of golf - amazing group of players. Had the great privilege to see Coach Rupp coach my college team and never missed a home game at Memorial! Now the best time to be a UK fan in my lifetime. Football and Basketball are both going to be great for the next couple of decades!

Go Big Blue!

Was a long time Yankees fan (before Steinbrenner ruined them) - favorite player was Mickey Mantle - the best baseball player ever. Became a Reds fan when our high school coach, Tommy Downing, took us to see Reds - Cubs doubleheader in 1963. Enjoyed the Big Red Machine and then the miracle Reds of 1990. Was in Vegas and bet the Reds to win the series in April of 1990. Got 18 to 1, made a nice piece of change on that bet. Only made two bets like that in my life, both on the Reds - won the other bet of course as I be the Reds at 6 - 1 to win the National League the same year. Now, I am 100% UK 24/7/365. Live on the Cats Illustrated Boards and watch the Cats on TV as often as possible. Play a little Golf and now love watching the young guns of golf - amazing group of players. Had the great privilege to see Coach Rupp coach my college team and never missed a home game at Memorial! Now the best time to be a UK fan in my lifetime. Football and Basketball are both going to be great for the next couple of decades!

Go Big Blue!

1963... gamilielgrandpa

You'd eat at the Spaghetti Factory then go to the game. Bench, Perez, Morgan, Rose, Concepcion, Foster, Geronimo and Griffey. Memories.

Enjoyed the Big Red Machine and then the miracle Reds of 1990. Was in Vegas and bet the Reds to win the series in April of 1990.

The Big Red Machine rolled in and out before I was born but I was taught about them growing up. I remember the 1990 team well though (I was in junior high). I wish I still had my poster of Charlton, Dibble, and Meyers. =b

1. St Louis Cardinals- Grew up in Western KY and watched every game growing up.

2. Golden State Warriors- Now before you call me a bandwagon fan, let me explain. After Jordan left the Bulls in the 90's, I no longer had a rooting interest in the NBA. Back in 2009, I was in college at UK and all 3 of my roommates had different NBA teams they rooted for. They told me I needed to pick a team and after watching dozens of games, I decided on GS. It was Steph's first year and watching him and Ellis play together made the decision pretty easy. Until this past year, I'd wear my GS apparel and get a lot of WTF? looks but it's definitely paid off now.

3. Jordan Spieth- Watch golf every time it's on but have never had a favorite golfer to watch play (other than Tiger is his prime of course), but man it's a joy to watch Spieth play golf.

Seems like a good thread for my first post on the UK boards!

Like my name says, I'm from Virginia. So outside of Kentucky my favorite teams are the Redskins, Nationals, and Wizards. If my father is to be trusted my first multi-word sentence was "Touchdown Redskins" so that goes back a while.

I've also been a huge Virginia Tech fan my whole life. My mom and most of her side of the family went there. Michael Vick was my favorite player for several years. One of the first football games I truly remember watching was the 2000 Sugar Bowl against Florida State.

Besides UK:

St. Louis Cardinals baseball
Kansas City Chiefs football
Navy Football (beat Army!)
Washington Capitals hockey

Really surprised to see that there are people here with teams they care more about than Kentucky.

Way less surprised that there are UK Basketball/Winning program football fans here though. Has always driven me crazy.

I don't even know how you get joy from that. Congratulations on your deep-running bond with Bama or Ohio State or whoever, I guess. I'm sure your kids are thrilled when you cheer for the bigger, stronger kid on the other team at little league games too.

Reactions: catben
Really surprised to see that there are people here with teams they care more about than Kentucky.

Way less surprised that there are UK Basketball/Winning program football fans here though. Has always driven me crazy.

I don't even know how you get joy from that. Congratulations on your deep-running bond with Bama or Ohio State or whoever, I guess. I'm sure your kids are thrilled when you cheer for the bigger, stronger kid on the other team at little league games too.

Umm, aren't we cheering for the taller, faster basketball players on most occasions?

Cats, Reds, Steelers...as you might have guessed I grew up in the 70's. I hate the damned Cardinals, but I'm big enough to admit it's just because they're good

oh, just noticed what might confuse some, meant the baseball Cardinals, not the pseudo-basketball Cardinals. I hate them too but they're not good.

I followed ATL from about '82-'00.. I don't enjoy watching losing teams,, no I do not.. Much rather watch a winning teams.. Plus baseball is actually pretty boring.. I've not changed teams.. I stopped following one in baseball.. But I've stuck with Dallas through all their crap.. And been 50/50 on UK n Bama forever.. So call it as you will.. Oh I also jumped from democrat to republican to now libertarian.. ;)
Man, you change your mind more than a woman, hahaha. Just joking with ya.

Pro Sports . . . AZ Cardinals . . . Kentucky Suns . . . Snakes
College Sports . . . UK & ASU . . . when they play each other, I have an identity crisis, cold chills, convulsions, fever and lots of fun and too much bourbon!.
High School . . . All things duPont Manual.

Lots of Family ul fans, 2000 miles away still ain't far enough.

Last edited:
I watch NFL, NCAA Men's Basketball, NBA and MLB. Oh yeah and Tennis too....LMAO I'm playing. I aint no sissy. But in MLB I'm a big Braves guy. I got all the sports packages on D-TV. Aint nothing like getting off work in the evening, watching my Braves, and drinking a beer or 2. Yeah man we're down a little this year. Just made a crazy trade giving up Wood and our top prospect Jose Peraza, but we got back a big power hitting 3B out of it. We aint far. We should be competing for a wild card next season easily. We'll need to add a right handed middle of the order bat for LF, and probably a catcher, and a reliever/setup man, but yeah we're looking good next year. During football season I watch the NFL all day every Sunday. Then Monday and Thursday night faithfully. And I love watching UFC too. Oh my God I love UFC so much. This might sound dumb, but its awesome to watch two beast beat the hell outa each other. I don't watch like every PPV or nothing, but I watch one here and there. Especially if its a big card. Don't watch WWE anymore. Its done turned sissy with this PG era BS. WWE/WWF use to rock. Now there's not many big names and its just stupid. I miss the good ole anything goes era.

Well.. Until last year I was a female on my social security number.. Spent 39 years as a female before I found out.. May explain a lot,, lol..
This can not be serious? That's the funniest thing I've ever heard, lol. How in the world do things like this happen?

This can not be serious? That's the funniest thing I've ever heard, lol. How in the world do things like this happen?
I had to go to the social security office for something.. Lady asked me if I went by a female or male,, lol.. They had messed up back in 75 at the hospital that I was born at.. A couple inches less than what I have and I may as well been a female..

Reactions: blubo
I seem to change NBA teams every other year. Like in the past ive been a huge Celtics fan, but here recently I've been more of a Rockets fan. My uncle lived in Indianapolis, so i'll always be a Colts and Pacers fan. Went to many Colts and Pacers games when I was young.

Other than UK Basketball? UK Football, of course. Season ticket-holder in both.

Not much of a pro fan in any sport, but the Yankees have been my favorite major league team since I was a kid. Really don't care for pro football or the NBA - only if former cats are involved.

I seem to change NBA teams every other year. Like in the past ive been a huge Celtics fan, but here recently I've been more of a Rockets fan. My uncle lived in Indianapolis, so i'll always be a Colts and Pacers fan. Went to many Colts and Pacers games when I was young.
I was a Boston man during Birds years.. Then went to Chicago,, and after that to which ever team that had a UK player.. New Orleans fan now..

ADVERTISEMENT