ADVERTISEMENT

Aside from UK basketball, what is your favorite sports team?

EvilMD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2003
I imagine there will be a ton of "Cincinnati Reds" responses to this.

I have to say Los Angeles Angels. Only because pro football is becoming such a farce and baseball gives you something for six straight months.

I have to say Los Angeles Angels. Only because pro football is becoming such a farce and baseball gives you something for six straight months.

San Francisco 49ers and Giants. That was first city that I lived in that had pro sports.

Dallas Cowboys and Bama football.. I absolutely hate anything Cincinnati.. Was a braves fan from way back until they completely started to suck. Back in my younger days we only had 13 channels and you either watched the braves or Harry Carrey and the cubs.. Couldn't stand that ol senile sob.. I've not watched baseball in a decade though..

Dallas Cowboys and Bama football.. I absolutely hate anything Cincinnati.. Was a braves fan from way back until they completely started to suck. Back in my younger days we only had 13 channels and you either watched the braves or Harry Carrey and the cubs.. Couldn't stand that ol senile sob.. I've not watched baseball in a decade though..
The Cubs were always on WGN when I was a kid lol

Dallas Cowboys and Bama football.. ..

Wait... so your three favorite teams are Bama football, UK basketball and the cowboys?? Good lord, buddy, if bandwagon jumpers go to hell then you are doomed. Are the Yankees your favorite baseball team?

Wait... so your three favorite teams are Bama football, UK basketball and the cowboys?? Good lord, buddy, if bandwagon jumpers go to hell then you are doomed. Are the Yankees your favorite baseball team?
No.. I stopped following baseball after ATL started suckin it up.. I was a cowboys fan before UK bball.. Started watching UK in '89.. And its 50/50 Bama/UK football..

Last edited:
297083-cincinnati-reds.jpg

It used to be the Reds... but I lost my baseball mojo, years ago. I followed them for 30+ years, then one day... I realized I hadn't listened to a game or checked the score in a couple weeks, and I just didn't care anymore. Funny... there was a time when I'd get way-too-PO'd if they lost a game, same as when the Cats would lose.

I follow the Bengals. The emotional investment is slight (Yay! Maybe we'll even win a playoff game, this year! Or not! We'll get 'em next season!) and it's a good excuse to carve out a few hours for myself on Sunday, while enjoying an adult beverage with a buddy, or two.

I'm a fan of historically piss poor football (UK, Bengals). I've spent many miserable years watching both those teams rarely win, but manage to lose in damn near every way possible. UK did become bottom-tier respectable for a few years under Brooks. Stoops is (hopefully) getting there. The Bengals have gone from laughingstock to competitive to postseason laughingstock.

I'm also a Reds "fan" but only casually. If they're in the race in late-August I'll become more interested on a daily basis. If they're out of it, I don't care. At all.

I also like following our former Cats in the NBA, but I don't have a team.

In order of fandom:

1. UK basketball/football - tie
2. Bengals
3. Reds
4. Oregon football

I lived in Cincinnati for 40 years, and now keep moving west. Colorado for 2 years. California for 2 years. Now Alaska, but I will always love UK and the Reds.

Reactions: brianpoe
I was born blessed and cursed, like a cruel joke. UK will always be number 1. But then I was given the Reds, got to see them win it all in 90. Then you have the other cincinnati team the bengals. I have hope for a playoff win in my lifetime but would be shocked if they won a super bowl

UK basketball, football, and then Pittsburg Steelers in football, they were always playing for a championship when I was growing up against the Cowboys

Reactions: 420grover
I was born blessed and cursed, like a cruel joke. UK will always be number 1. But then I was given the Reds, got to see them win it all in 90. Then you have the other cincinnati team the bengals. I have hope for a playoff win in my lifetime but would be shocked if they won a super bowl

Have faith. I got to the point where I wondered if my Angels would ever even make the playoffs again after choking in 86. Then Scioscia came along and we're competitive almost every year now and have won a Series and been to the ALCS three times and won at least 98 games three times. And my Rams went from one of the top five franchises to crap for 10 years to the Greatest Show on Turf to...again...crap for 10 years.

I began to think I was cursing my own teams because they got so close so many times and couldn't close the deal. Then the Cats won in 96 (still get chills thinking about that feeling), won it again in 98, then the Rams won in 2000 and the Angels in 2002. Like Oscar Combs says...enjoy the titles and never take them for granted, because they don't happen very often, unless you're a Yankees fan.

Cowboys
Reds/Tigers
UK Football

I don't get how people can be a fan of two different schools in different sports. While I don't mind seeing Alabama win because they are SEC, I would not call myself a fan. I feel the same about them as I feel about all the other SEX schools minus Tennessee. My dad is a Cowboys fan so thats how I came about that. The Reds and Tigers are the teams I went to see the most when I was younger so I have always followed them the closest.

Pro sports have a different feel than college sports. In the pros I usually just root for certain players rather than a team. I just appreciate watching the top players in the world at their sport.

St. Louis Cardinals have a tremendous following I have been to Old Sportsman Park then to Busch and now the new Busch stadium at one time the Cards were the furthest team west so they have a following all the way toCalifornia plus all of West Ky and Tn and clear down to Louisiana, Love the Wildcats but Cards are runner up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT