ADVERTISEMENT

As expected, Eason leaving UGA

Yeah we could never be so lucky as to have a 5* QB transfer to us. That I’m afraid will never happen here

Reactions: Plumbscott452
He would be used the same way they used Barker before he injured his back in second half of USM. If memory serves me right he and our offense was the best it’s been under Gran

So you're using the 1st half of the first game against a non P5 opponent as your argument and ignoring the other 25 1/2 games?

Reactions: shutzhund
So you're using the 1st half of the first game against a non P5 opponent as your argument and ignoring the other 25 1/2 games?

Yep I am. Gran had to adjust after Barker went down to Johnson’s abilities. Typically what coordinators do. Or coaches for that matter

He absolutely fits what UK wants to do. Gran has just been smart enough to adjust to what his personnel is. Smart coaching.

If you say so, he might thrive in a spread offense where never has to drop back, but he isn't a good fit for a pro set play action offense. I hope he has found a place where he can be successful. If is a pro style guy, why has UK been recruiting dual threat guys almost exclusively?

UT thought he was going there, they called him a blind staTue during the summer, when it become clear he would transfer, he was best an in the country and Kirby did him wrong.

Right may have given no restictions on where he could go, but Kirby will not. But the Right at Miami might not either

Lol. Unbelievable how our fan base lacks knowledge of the sport of football.

The number 112 offense is still 112 no matter how you try to spin it. If you consider that a "great" adjustment then so be it. If somehow trying to justify a poor product put on the field makes you know more about the game than I do, then I guess you do. I will stick to stats and results and its hard to deny that we didn't really perform that well on offense this past year.

Our expectations for the program are just different. The Music City Bowl that has been our ceiling for over three decades is not what I or any other SEC program outside of Vandy considers success.

Hopefully we improve on both sides of the ball next year.

Last edited:
The number 112 offense is still 112 no matter how you try to spin it. If you consider that a "great" adjustment then so be it. If somehow trying justifying a poor product put on the field makes you know more about the game than I do, then I guess you do. I will stick to stats and results and hard to deny that we didn't really perform that well on offense this past year.

7 wins with the #112 offense. Wins over bowl bound Missouri, SC, Southern Miss. That really is kind of amazing when you think about it. I suspect that all of those teams may have higher rated offenses than UK. Who else on UK’s W column had a better offense than #112?

7 wins with the #112 offense. Wins over bowl bound Missouri, SC, Southern Miss. That really is kind of amazing when you think about it. I suspect that all of those teams may have higher rated offenses than UK. Who else on UK’s W column had a better offense than #112?

Like I said my expectation of success is unlike many on this board. Ive been watching the Cats for forty years and have higher hopes than 7 wins and Music City Bowl as the ceiling for the program. Four of the seven wins was non P5 and Vandy. Was non-competitive in three of the five losses and two of those were UofL and Miss. St.

Bowl games in today's CFB doesn't necessarily mean you beat a good team. 70 percent of teams qualify for bowl games. It's called scheduled wins.

Reactions: RonEJones
Like I said my expectation of success is unlike many on this board. Ive been watching the Cats for forty years and have higher hopes than 7 wins and Music City Bowl as the ceiling for the program. Four of the seven wins was non P5 and Vandy. Was non-competitive in three of the five losses and two of those were UofL and Miss. St.

Bowl games in today's CFB doesn't necessarily mean you beat a good team. 70 percent of teams qualify for bowl games. It's called scheduled wins.

Yeah, you stand alone as the fan who wants more than 7 wins. We heard you existed. Glad you outed yourself so we all now know.

Reactions: jauk11
If you say so, he might thrive in a spread offense where never has to drop back, but he isn't a good fit for a pro set play action offense. I hope he has found a place where he can be successful. If is a pro style guy, why has UK been recruiting dual threat guys almost exclusively?

UT thought he was going there, they called him a blind staTue during the summer, when it become clear he would transfer, he was best an in the country and Kirby did him wrong.

Right may have given no restictions on where he could go, but Kirby will not. But the Right at Miami might not either
They haven't. They prefer guys who are passers who can run. But I think they also understand that they need to get the player possible there and do what they need to do.

Adjustment made to field the 112 best offense in CFB? Heck of a job.
Merri does some coaching. He is similar to duck vitale, always defending the coaches.
It's what he does.
You just have to get used to it.

You don't have to get used to it. You can always put him on ignore. I've not seen his ish takes in a year or so.

I'm 100% behind the Cats but dont go in with a set of blinders. Getting bowl eligible in today's college football is not out of the norm. Kentucky is the only team in the SEC not to win 9+ in the last decade. Yes, it's better than what it was, but no reason to be non-competitive in most games against anyone with a pulse in year 5. Also no reason to be in the bottom half of CFB on both sides of the ball.

Yeah, you stand alone as the fan who wants more than 7 wins. We heard you existed. Glad you outed yourself so we all now know.

Right, so many of them think it is a badge of honor to demand we go from unbelievably bad to ten wins in five years, seems like they also think no one but them wants over six wins, lol.

I still think they should all go into mitch's office and demand he sign a proclamation, no more six win seasons, that is the only thing separating us from TWO win seasons and ten win seasons..

That should work.

I'm 100% behind the Cats but dont go in with a set of blinders. Getting bowl eligible in today's college football is not out of the norm. Kentucky is the only team in the SEC not to win 9+ in the last decade. Yes, it's better than what it was, but no reason to be non-competitive in most games against anyone with a pulse in year 5. Also no reason to be in the bottom half of CFB on both sides of the ball.
I don’t know that UK has shown that it knows what it wants to do with a QB, as much as they’ve shown what they have to do because they haven’t had an extremely talented QB.

Very good.

Right may have given no restrictions on where he could go, but Kirby will not. But the Right at Miami might not either

Up until this coaching staff UK mainly had to settle for whatever they could get, and then TRY to win with over matched talent. This staff IS changing that, but not nearly there yet, to suggest your five star QB would transfer to UK is aiming pretty high, we can't even keep up with the Jones, let alone the Williams, let alone the FIVE stars. SOOOOOO laughable that some of our fans thought Joker should have beat Florida on the road his first year because we had TWO JC transfer four stars on the roster when Florida's TWO DEEP on BOTH offense and defense AVERAGED over a 5.9. When we had more two stars than three stars starting (don't ask about the depth) with two walkons starting to offset the two four stars.

Looks like several of them are still posting on here.

By the way, didn't our Williams sign with the U, where the incompetent NCAA socked them with laughable punishment considering they probably had the biggest cheater in the history of the sport to win the NROTY there-------the one they couldn't afford to follow to Transfer U where he won it again a thousand miles from the beaches AND without being in the middle of all that talent. Where did Meyer's Jones end up, lol.

The incompetent NCAA desperately needed to just run and hide after the way they screwed up the U investigation-------AND they did, at the U and at hurtt's new home also. They would never have sniffed anything wrong at Transfer U when the whole school stunk to high heaven under jurich for all those years, the FBI had to do it as part of a CRIMINAL investigation. I can't wait for the next saga to start, but looks like it might be decades before they decide what to do with the UNDERAGE prostitutes given to prospects AND their parents, not to mention the $100,000 of "shoe" money Slick Rick was able to spare from the hundred million or so that jurich lied about giving him.

Last edited:
Half of you millenials wouldn't know football without youtube, Google etc...how about an old fossil called a book?
Lol at you calling me a millenial!!! I learned to type on a type writer. Did research with microphish. But what does any of that have to do with knowledge of the game?

More than likely will go west.

He's from Washington so Huskies or Cougars have to be high on his list. Pac 12 is also very offense friendly. He'll tear that conference up.

What some low standards we have for our program.

So tell me. What would you have expected UKs ranking would have been if they threw the ball more? Better? If you do , I’m glad your not on the staff.

So tell me. What would you have expected UKs ranking would have been if they threw the ball more? Better? If you do , I’m glad your not on the staff.

Where in my post did I say we should of thrown the ball more? Kentucky ranks number 16 nationally in coaching salaries. Gran is the highest paid assistant on the staff. Do you think that it should be expected that our offense is ranked higher than #112 in the country? Every top 15 team in the nation averages 30+ points per game and we only broke 30 three times the entire year. I personally don't care how they get in the end zone, but no denying we have to score more points to get the program to the next level.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT