ADVERTISEMENT

As expected, Eason leaving UGA

You disagreed , I assumed, with my post about me saying if UK threw the ball more they would have been statistical worse than 112th. Right? That was what my phone st was about.

He absolutely fits what UK wants to do. Gran has just been smart enough to adjust to what his personnel is. Smart coaching.

If that is the type offense he wants to run, why would he recruit the kid who ended going to Miami and the JUCO who signed with UK? Matt Corral who was looking for someone who wanted him and signed With OM would be a much better fit if he was wanting to run a pro style offense?

If that is the type offense he wants to run, why would he recruit the kid who ended going to Miami and the JUCO who signed with UK? Matt Corral who was looking for someone who wanted him and signed With OM would be a much better fit if he was wanting to run a pro style offense?
Because he understands that at UK you get the best available and go with it. Gran thought Jarren was a Passer first and runner second. Jarren said the same thing. Wilson was a last second best you can get guy that gives them options next year. Like SJ did when he came.

Every single one of our '19 QB targets are pro-style. It appears that Gran is not wedded to any one type of quarterback as opposed to another. In any event, I suspect that he would give his left eye to get Eason, but it doesn't matter, because we're not going to get Eason.

Because he understands that at UK you get the best available and go with it. Gran thought Jarren was a Passer first and runner second. Jarren said the same thing. Wilson was a last second best you can get guy that gives them options next year. Like SJ did when he came.

I just think it is odd that almost everyone was calling him a bust all summer, and now that he missed the season and transferring he is a huge talent. Truth about him is he has a great arm, great size, but he wasn't one to study film or the playbook and that bit him in the butt. Maybe he learned a valuable lesson from the injury and changes those habits, if not all he will ever be is ok

I just think it is odd that almost everyone was calling him a bust all summer, and now that he missed the season and transferring he is a huge talent. Truth about him is he has a great arm, great size, but he wasn't one to study film or the playbook and that bit him in the butt. Maybe he learned a valuable lesson from the injury and changes those habits, if not all he will ever be is ok
I assume you are talking about Eason. But I never called him a bust. He still has a few years left to get it right.

I assume you are talking about Eason. But I never called him a bust. He still has a few years left to get it right.

Not you in particular, but many USC, UF and UT fans. Then when it become clear he was transferring, they were trashing Kirby because he wouldn't release him to go to a divisional opponent.
My honest opinion of him is extremely gifted physically, but not sure he has the drive to maximinize all that talent. He really enjoyed Athens, not that there is anything wrong with that, I did too. But I wasn't a potential top flight qb on my way to the NFL

Reactions: merrimanm
ADVERTISEMENT