ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas will find out why he’s there if true

Winningest coach in the Hogs history couldn't muster a .380 winning percentage against the winningest and greatest historical progam in the sport. In his 11 years in the SEC he had the chance to win 22 trophies. He won three. UK won 13 of those 22. Atlanta is called CATlanta and Nashville CATSville when the SEC tournament rolls around. Not the Pigpen or Slopbucket. I thought you guys had a great following and were a rival of UK's during Nolan's coaching tenure. [laughing]

"I came to UK so that I can recruit the best of the best. It has been a dream of mine." Wonder why he's yet to say anything close to that since he arrived in Fayetteville...?

UK had it before Arkansas...had it through Nolan...and will have it when Cal leaves. Don't feel bad. That's happened to every program in the SEC. Pope will win. I don't worry about that. Five coaches have NCAA titles. No other program does - anywhere. The brand and the program will continue to live on.

Wipe your a$$ with that sauce full of facts...

Lets see ... He had a 33 million dollar buyout and if he talked to another School without informing Barnhart that contract is void . He is making less money at Arkansas than he was at Kentucky . I wonder how that leverage play went ?

I know i just voided my contract by speaking to another school and they offered me less money BUT here are my demands or i am out the door .

John Calipari's Attorney Shoots Down False Report About Kentucky​

Earlier Tuesday morning, longtime Kentucky Wildcats broadcaster Dick Gabriel suggested that John Calipari told Kentucky what he was offered at Arkansas to see if the school wanted to match it and keep him as head coach.

Kentucky allegedly declined, allowing Calipari to take his services elsewhere. "Calipari, as I'm told, said, here's what it's going to take to keep me and UK said, I don't think so," Gabriel said.

Just a few hours after Gabriel's report started making headlines, Calipari's attorney, Tom Mars, shot down the report. "That’s odd. Dick’s reporting doesn’t seem to align with the text message I received as Coach Cal’s lawyer from KY Athletics at 1:22 pm ET," Mars said.

He showed text messages with someone within the Kentucky athletic department that indicated there was no counter offer made.

"Anything new? We're hearing Cal made us a counter offer? That was never received by Mitch or I," the person said in the text - referencing Kentucky athletic director Mitch Barnhart.

"Counteroffer to what?" Mars responded.

"Exactly! Sheesh," the person replied.

Mars then suggested the reporter should have spoken with Barnhart, who would have denied the story in the first place.

"Needless to say, any sportswriter could reach out to KY AD Mitch Barnhart, who would confirm that this story was totally false," Mars said.

In the end Calipari and Kentucky are parting ways and it might be best for both.

VideoBlue.svg
Related video: Coach Calipari's Impact on Rebuilding Arkansas Basketball (Dailymotion)

Winningest coach in the Hogs history couldn't muster a .380 winning percentage against the winningest and greatest historical progam in the sport. In his 11 years in the SEC he had the chance to win 22 trophies. He won three. UK won 13 of those 22. Atlanta is called CATlanta and Nashville CATSville when the SEC tournament rolls around. Not the Pigpen or Slopbucket. I thought you guys had a great following and were a rival of UK's during Nolan's coaching tenure. [laughing]

"I came to UK so that I can recruit the best of the best. It has been a dream of mine." Wonder why he's yet to say anything close to that since he arrived in Fayetteville...?

UK had it before Arkansas...had it through Nolan...and will have it when Cal leaves. Don't feel bad. That's happened to every program in the SEC. Pope will win. I don't worry about that. Five coaches have NCAA titles. No other program does - anywhere. The brand and the program will continue to live on.

Wipe your a$$ with that sauce full of facts...
LMAO. Nobody gonna read all of that.

Bet you’re high-fiving yourself right now.

Ollololol

Relevant enough that your coach just walked out the door and took who he wanted with him LOL .
You goobers were a safety net that encouraged cal to overplay his hand, and as a result, get shown the door. BBN thanks you...the hogs saved us a dismal swan-song season and 25+ million in buy-out money that we would've had to suffer if not for Brother Tyson

You goobers were a safety net that encouraged cal to overplay his hand, and as a result, get shown the door. BBN thanks you...the hogs saved us a dismal swan-song season and 25+ million in buy-out money that we would've had to suffer if not for Brother Tyson
Nobody cares about all that.

Hog fans aren’t here to talk shittt. Personally I live in Kentucky. I love hoops and love talking hoops with Cat fans. I’ve got Hundreds of close friends and family that are big blue.

Only reason it gets heated on here is because of stupid posts like yours. Keep pole vaulting over mouse turds. Neither you or I have anything to do with the success on the court.

Hog fans aren’t here to talk shittt. Personally I live in Kentucky. I love hoops and love talking hoops with Cat fans. I’ve got Hundreds of close friends and family that are big blue.

Only reason it gets heated on here is because of stupid posts like yours. Keep pole vaulting over mouse turds. Neither you or I have anything to do with the success on the court.
Once again, a hearty thank you from BBN to Brother Tyson and the hawgs...

• Love
Reactions: kywildcat41086
Well minus his best recruit. And recruiter. And the guy that did all the coaching for him last year. But yeah, most of who he wanted.

Are you not the least bit concerned that we're all very happy this happened?
Some are happy and actually living what they preached about wanting him gone . Some have some takes on the situation which is just absurd and are clearly butt hurt and living with their head in the sand . That's when i jump in .

Am I concerned ? I wanted Chris Beard but that didn't happen . Since Cal is our coach i will tell you my expectations .
I expect top recruiting classes
I expect more media coverage of the Hogs
I expect some really fun wins and some bad losses
I expect to make the tournament every year .
So I am not concerned cause i don't have grandiose expectations of final 4's every year . I'm not saying it wont happen but I am not expecting that .

Some are happy and actually living what they preached about wanting him gone . Some have some takes on the situation which is just absurd and are clearly butt hurt and living with their head in the sand . That's when i jump in .

Am I concerned ? I wanted Chris Beard but that didn't happen . Since Cal is our coach i will tell you my expectations .
So I am not concerned cause i don't have grandiose expectations of final 4's every year . I'm not saying it wont happen but I am not expecting that .
If those are your expectations then you're probably going to be pretty happy. He will definitely use the media, he's always going to recruit. I wouldn't necessarily expect to make the tournament every year, but most years you'll be alright. Draft night just got a lot more exciting for your fanbase.

Those bad losses are going to annoy you a lot more than you think. You won't ever be able to blame it on talent.

And make no mistake on our fans, we're happy. This is the least divided I think I've ever seen this board outside of when we hired Cal in 09.

The playing time promises are adding up quick I guess.
Sounds like practices will be super competitive with those walk ons. "Why would I develop them for someone else?'. Wasn't his mantra to always develop them for someone else? Namely the NBA?

Bare minimum expectations? You've got the man for the job...

To me AR would have been much better off just getting any regular coach that focuses on team and winning. And nothing else. Cal is on a different mission than probably every college coach there is.

If this is all you expect from Cal you are going to be happy.

You will never see a list like that from a UK fan.

JUST making the tournament is not acceptable at UK.

*Edit: It looks like a few others beat me with their responses.

I think its funny Cal cant win with this years team with two top 10 picks and all the talent in the world but in one if the weakest recruiting classes ark fans think that boogie fland/knox/richmond are going to be world beaters. This is honestly one of cals worst freshman classes now that JQ isnt coming, but ark fans are in hog heaven. I feel sorry when they learn 5*s dont always play well and sometimes suck

Let those morons find out for themselves. They've been yapping them hams since they landed Cal.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz

I think Cal will meet those expectations.

What kind of ooc schedule do you all have lined up? I’ll be curious how he handles that aspect at Ark vs UK.

Obviously he is struggling getting the right fit of players he wants. About the only thing out of his mouth is developing players. Nothing about winning. His top priority, develop a few for the pro's to add to his list. AR fans truly don't know what they are in for. Nine Scholarship guys? Think he has lost it even more.
then he can complain that they couldn't practice hard... then when ONE guy gets hurt, more ez excuses. just lining up all the excuses up front, lol
SMH... grow a fvcking sack and man the fvck

If this is all you expect from Cal you are going to be happy.

You will never see a list like that from a UK fan.

JUST making the tournament is not acceptable at UK.

*Edit: It looks like a few others beat me with their responses.
Once in the tournament anything can happen but you have to be there first . I know just making the tournament is not acceptable for cat fans but for some reason its ok to hire a coach who just got bounced in the first round as well . Makes sense

Well minus his best recruit. And recruiter. And the guy that did all the coaching for him last year. But yeah, most of who he wanted.

Are you not the least bit concerned that we're all very happy this happened?

There were literally arkansas fans in here when the rumors started popping up about Cal going to arkansas laughing and saying no one wanted him.

Once in the tournament anything can happen but you have to be there first . I know just making the tournament is not acceptable for cat fans but for some reason its ok to hire a coach who just got bounced in the first round as well . Makes sense

It’s about long term upside. Cal’s was gone. Pope still has that. Two guys moving in different directions.

After that super awkward video with Barnhart saying Cal would be back next year you knew CAL wanted out asap .Fortunately a job came open that had more resources than the great Kentucky . You should be sending Arkansas Christmas cards for saving Kentucky 30 million . Good Luck with Pope who has the same tournament record last year as the Coach who just left yall . And yes thankyou for the talent Cal is taking with him . We cant wait to watch Big Z , Wagner and Thiero in Razorback jerseys next year .
Hope you have fun watching two bench warmers and a major overhyped bust.

Reactions: Fox2monk
If DJ signs with Arkansas, it will be because he couldn't find any other takers. I am sure Cal and the Hoggettes will play it like a major coup.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Look around ever poorer bball teams.....they'll have more than 8-9 dudes....so how are they able to pull it off. You can't tell me there are some mid major HS type kids that will take a ride at Arkansas to fill out the roster.

Cal is just moronic for going into years without at least 11-12 spots filled.....but he did it at UK all the time and the beat is going on.
I’m dying to see Cal have an 8 or 9 man team. They will lose 2 to 3 games a year due to not having 5 players. He won’t be able to practice.

Reactions: K_TIME

If you live in Kentucky and are this happy about gettin Cal then you are dumber than I thought. That’s an achievement.

Let them find out.

Experience is a terrific teacher, the next girlfriend has been cautioned more than enough and isn't going to listen.
If they were smart enough they would watch film. It isn’t hard to find Kentucky basketball game replays. The fact he took the core of his team to
Arkansas minus 2 possible top 5 draft picks and didn’t make it past the first weekend should be red flag #853. He can say he isn’t interested in more players but he struck out on a lot of
Key pieces he tried to get there.

Reactions: Texcat59
I’m dying to see Cal have an 8 or 9 man team. They will lose 2 to 3 games a year due to not having 5 players. He won’t be able to practice.
For sure….you can’t practice with 9…and to be realistic…you’ll always have guys dinged but csn play games but need to shut down a bit on practice….so you really need to fill out your 12-13 guys. To play around with 10-11 is not wise

But hall of fame does it his way

If you were intellectually honest it would make sense. We hired a coach that cares about winning at UK and ran one off that did not. If Pope only makes the tournament and has 3 first round flame outs, his tenure will be very short at UK.

If you live in Kentucky and are this happy about gettin Cal then you are dumber than I thought. That’s an achievement.
Seems like Hogs are living rent free right now. We are happy and talking about Hoops on our boards while some of y’all continue to talk about Cal and Hog fan's

Good luck this year!!

If you were intellectually honest it would make sense. We hired a coach that cares about winning at UK and ran one off that did not. If Pope only makes the tournament and has 3 first round flame outs, his tenure will be very short at UK.
I don't think anyone is questioning whether pope cares about Kentucky or not . That was pretty clear from that super cringe video of him in the Kentucky Uniform .

Reactions: HamuelLJackson
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT