ADVERTISEMENT

ARK article calling UK desperate.-A must read, great laugh.

Rideordiewildcat

All-American
Jan 30, 2018
Louisville, Ky (Behind enemy lines)
I accidentally stumbled onto this. What a bunch of losers LMFAO. If I was an Ark fan I would be embarrassed.

But it rained on the day they were doing Cals.🤣🤣🤣 OMG

I accidentally stumbled onto this. What a bunch of losers LMFAO.

But it rained on the day they were doing Cals.🤣🤣🤣 OMG

I can’t wait for Cal to let Arkansas down year after year.

Ark is taking Ky leftover in Cal win a few games during the season and knocked out of the first round of the tourney next year.
I mean are they acting like he didn't run before he got canned? After Mitch dragged his nuts across his face he said nope and booked it.

I know articles aren't what they use to be but good God Sports illustrated. Stick to boobies.

I mean are they acting like he didn't run before he got canned? After Mitch dragged his nuts across his face he said nope and booked it.

I know articles aren't what they use to be but good God Sports illustrated. Stick to boobies.
They didn’t even do that right anymore; they replaced boobies with overweight women and men who act like women.

Calipari was essentially fired from Ky. Because of the situation we were able to allow his legacy here to leave in a few pieces vs. a million pieces. Every basketball talking head is aware of this so this article doesn’t move the needle. Even Arkansas knows he was essentially fired informally. Calipari even tried to backtrack when he realized we were going to do it and we said no, we’ve moved on.

If you listen to the presser (I guess that’s what we call it) Barnhart and Pope made it clear that we intentionally moved on from the Calipari era. If you look at Calipari’s expressions during his presser it’s easy to see what transpired here. Calipari was pressing UK to give more to him and UK simply wasn’t going to do it because we’d already given him so much and he neglected it. The final straw in Calipari’s career was what happened in Nashville followed by the 1st round exit. Calipari tried to force our hand using Arkansas and when he realized we weren’t going to bluff he tried to back out and agreed to changes. We said no.

Arkansas can have Calipari. What he was doing to UK basketball was unnecessary and he’s simply not good for college basketball. They will be fanbase #5 that hates him when he leaves. And Calipari is not going to care about little Arkansas, he’s going to ruin himself there in the end. I give it 3 years.

Last edited:
Calipari was essentially fired from Ky. Because of the situation we were able to allow his legacy here to leave in a few pieces vs. a million pieces. Every basketball talking head is aware of this so this article doesn’t move the needle. Even Arkansas knows he was essentially fired informally. Calipari even tried to backtrack when he realized we were going to do it and we said no, we’ve moved on.

If you listen to the presser (I guess that’s what we call it) Barnhart and Pope made it clear that we intentionally moved on from the Calipari era. If you look at Calipari’s expressions during his presser it’s easy to see what transpired here. Calipari was pressing UK to give more to him and UK simply wasn’t going to do it because we’d already given him so much and he neglected it. The final straw in Calipari’s career was what happened in Nashville followed by the 1st round exit. Calipari tried to force our hand using Arkansas and when he realized we weren’t going to bluff he tried to back out and agreed to changes. We said no.

Arkansas can have Calipari. What he was doing to UK basketball was unnecessary and he’s simply not good for college basketball. They will be fanbase #5 that hates him when he leaves. And Calipari is not going to care about little Arkansas, he’s going to ruin himself there in the end. I give it 3 years.
Cal was in Lexington Sunday. Being the ego maniac I know he is, I wonder if he watched Pope's press conference. If so I bet he squirmed in his chair.

Cal was in Lexington Sunday. Being the ego maniac I know he is, I wonder if he watched Pope's press conference. If so I bet he squirmed in his chair.

Of course. And what he saw shook him to the core. It’s why he had Z come out when he did, and it’s why he had Z put national championship in his letter. This is eating him alive and he’s going to make a lot of mistakes because Calipari does not do things for the right reasons, he does what he does out of spite and envy. Calipari just ruined his legacy, absolutely ruined it. Arkansas’s name does not possess the aura that Calipari needs to feed from. He is now a coach that was ran out of Kentucky and was turned down TWICE by two different programs before landing at a program he didn’t want. He knows everyone knows it, and there’s nothing he can do about it.

We have the right guy I can feel it. I was at the presser and we all did. Pitino is happy for us today because he knows it. Kentucky simply deserves better than a man like Calipari. We are going to be just fine people have to let the process play out.

Arkansas will be thrilled with him if they start hanging banners for recruiting class rankings

There are some UK fans that are still trying to get over that idea

Reactions: Fox2monk
Arkansas will be thrilled with him if they start hanging banners for recruiting class rankings

There are some UK fans that are still trying to get over that idea

“Oh no, he’s taking the bench from a 1st round conference tournament roster and a 1st round NCAA tournament team”

If Calipari thought this was going to work out in his favor he wouldn’t have tried to back out, he wouldn’t have tried to go to USC and Ohio State first, and he wouldn’t have looked so deflated at his presser.

The truth is his legacy is now reduced and he knows winning at Arkansas is not something he can take on. He’s going to get all of his kicks in now with this recruiting season and after that he’s done. Both Pitino and Calipari know he’s ruined himself, some people just cannot see things directly in front of their face and that’s how Calipari lasted so long here in the first place.

Reactions: struggler
I don't think SI has a lot of writers anymore. Didn't it come out they use AI for articles? Thought I read something to that effect.

Hey that’s the same guy that thinks Pope is a time traveler. He’s a special kind of stupid. He wrote that whole article thinking he was degrading Kentucky when all he was really doing was making fun of his own team for hiring the same guy that caused the mess

Cal’s pitch for them hiring him was his plan to install a love triangle offense. Apparently the players there loved the idea.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
By the way, anyone ever notice this conference never learns? Arkansas in the 90’s was totally suffocated out by UK, Florida in the 2,000’s same thing. Tennessee’s little run under Pearl totally collapsed. This goes back to the 60’s. They just never learn that UK cannot die and I would think at this point they would have.

I guess it’s just fun to pretend you’re UK for the time you have.

hard to reconcile if you are Arkansas the "we're back" while making fun of UK for being down

and its the same guy that caused both
Could only laugh at that article. Bragging about their tourney success during the 20’s, laughing at ours and then bragging about taking our coach away that made our 20’s so abysmally bad to begin with 😂

Reactions: susan2361
Loved Calipari’s first 8 years. Those were some of the best years in UK bb history. Was a fun time to be a Cat fan.

The last 7 years have been somewhat pedestrian and mediocre with the program being more about Calipari and the NBA than upholding the tradition of UK bb. He was courting other schools during the SEC season and forgot to coach during the tournaments, which sealed the deal on his tenure ending. He alienated the boosters, the fans and the administration - there is no way a coach can stay when that happens.

Arkansas got one of the best recruiters in the country. Ellen Calipari is a wonderful First Lady of bb and will be loved in Arkansas. They will be successful because of John’s recruiting. We shall see if he changes his philosophy on coaching.

Loved Calipari’s first 8 years. Those were some of the best years in UK bb history. Was a fun time to be a Cat fan.

The last 7 years have been somewhat pedestrian and mediocre with the program being more about Calipari and the NBA than upholding the tradition of UK bb. He was courting other schools during the SEC season and forgot to coach during the tournaments, which sealed the deal on his tenure ending. He alienated the boosters, the fans and the administration - there is no way a coach can stay when that happens.

Arkansas got one of the best recruiters in the country. Ellen Calipari is a wonderful First Lady of bb and will be loved in Arkansas. They will be successful because of John’s recruiting. We shall see if he changes his philosophy on coaching.

Arkansas just lost a coach who is worlds better than Calipari. Unless he lands elite talent (he won’t because they have been rejecting him) he cannot even replicate what Arkansas had in Muss. And because muss was doing good things there that is the bar Calipari must reach so I don’t see this working out.

Calipari must go to elite 8’s at minimum for Arkansas to feel its worth it. The guy cannot coach on the floor and doesn’t get elite talent. If he couldn’t get it at UK over Duke then he’s sure not getting it over them from Arkansas. Nike would never allow Arkansas to interfere on what they have going.

His class this year is going to be less than stellar. His team this year won’t be close to his team last year and they were first round exits in every tournament.

I don’t see it happening. And since he thinks hes better than Arkansas, the second they question him he’s going to blow it up. Arkansas is in more trouble than they realize. And Muss left Arkansas for USC so if Arkansas was going all in financially like their PR is pushing, he wouldn’t have left. Arkansas knows they don’t move the needle and lost a quality coach to a crappy program, saying more about them than anything. They’re over promising because their program is in the cellar both on the court and in perception. Calipari wouldn’t be as upset as he is if he thought they’re about to buy all the good players. Calipari also tried to go to two other programs and instead landed in Arkansas where he doesn’t want to be.

It’s all BS. Arkansas is just playing the PR game because they don’t move the needle any other way. This will not work. He CANNOT COACH and now will have trouble recruiting. Nike isn’t going all in at Arkansas it’s not an elite program and isn’t national.

Last edited:
Those idiots saved us 33mil. Stopped our nightmare allowing us to become Kentucky again. Took our coach who hasn't won a NCAAT game since 2019. But hey, sure we are desperate.😛

Ark dumb hogs will feel it soon.
dumb and dumber sudden realization GIF

Call me petty, but I really do not want Cal to do well at Arkansas.

It’s very different than how I felt when Tubby left for Minnesota. I genuinely wished Tubby well and hoped he’d find continued success. But I just can’t seem to conjure up the same feelings for Cal.

Of course, it helps that Tubby didn’t take any of our players or recruits with him.

Reactions: nssdigitalchumps

Cal used a 7 million 5 year deal for leverage ?
Suspicious Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

From the article "Of course, Kentucky puffed its chest and promptly got steam-rolled the next few years by the Razorbacks on the court in the seasons running up to and through the 1994 national champion team and the 1995 runner-up. The Hogs were immediately recognized as the dominant power and their fans became the dominant fan base."

Please tell me how things played out from 96 on with the new "leader" in the clubhouse author or did you not mention 96-98 for any real reason?? lol

I skimmed through it and stopped here..

Big Blue Nation needed something, anything to cling to so they could pretend Arkansas, Alabama, Tennessee and Auburn didn't spend the 2020s leaving Kentucky in the dust.

Who do they think was the captain of the Titanic during this span? The dude who wrote this can’t think or won’t think!

I would argue that we were desperate when we hired Cal (for those who remember) but right now we are the opposite of desperate. The desire for the fanbase to get back to something resembling tradition and to build a better system is the opposite of desperate. Maybe some fans are desperate in their posts these days...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT