ADVERTISEMENT

Arizona hit with 9 level 1 infractions

The Zona fans on Twitter saying there is no evidence that Miller or UA did anything wrong is shocking. They are blaming it all on "a rogue assistant" who was greedy and trying to pad his own pockets. According to them choirboy Miller and the UA administration should be held responsible. They sound a lot like U of L fans did. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

According to the NCAA penalty matrix, a Level One violation with aggravating circumstances can lead to a postseason ban of two to four years. A standard Level One violation can produce a postseason ban of one to two years. According to The Athletic’s reporting, NCAA Enforcement is seeking the application of aggravated circumstances.

So 2-4 year postseason ban....

they need to forfeit any games won during the infraction period, 4 year NCAA ban, Miller should be fired, and loss of 4-5 scholarships per year for a couple years. They had about the most corrupt way possible to run a program and needed to pay dearly for it and to give the NCAA any credibility left.

Last edited:
Thx !

so, 12 schools involved, if I’m counting right. I remember when the story first broke, it was going to be the end of college basketball, if not college sports in general. ESPN and others were predicting 60 to 80 schools implicated, once everything played out, including all the bluebloods. “The feds don’t mess around” we were assured.

Fake news. All of it. Media - they’re terrible. Maybe better than the weatherman, but probably not as I think about it.

I don’t think weathermen have an agenda to spread fake weather so by default they win.

This whole model really only works insofar as the schools agree to be governed. Once they let UNC prove there were no teeth to the NCAA, it was open season.

At the very least, the punishment can never be proportionate to the crime, by nature of college athletics. The guilty people are gone by the time it comes time to face the music. You can't shut down the entire program. The money is imaginary.

And quite frankly, most people think the players deserve to get paid. You're chasing ghosts with no net to catch them even if you do see one. The model isn't sustainable. Tying athletic competition at this level to college attendance is an unnatural marriage. Doomed from the start.

This whole model really only works insofar as the schools agree to be governed. Once they let UNC prove there were no teeth to the NCAA, it was open season.

At the very least, the punishment can never be proportionate to the crime, by nature of college athletics. The guilty people are gone by the time it comes time to face the music. You can't shut down the entire program. The money is imaginary.

And quite frankly, most people think the players deserve to get paid. You're chasing ghosts with no net to catch them even if you do see one. The model isn't sustainable. Tying athletic competition at this level to college attendance is an unnatural marriage. Doomed from the start.
The penalties that the NCAA levies are not really supposed to hurt the athletes.......the penalties are to hog tie the institutions.........the student athletes are just collateral damage........these kids know what is going on at these programs when they sign on with them........I don't buy the excuse that the wrong kids are getting punished.........it isn't about punishing the kids......

The penalties that the NCAA levies are not really supposed to hurt the athletes.......the penalties are to hog tie the institutions.........the student athletes are just collateral damage........these kids know what is going on at these programs when they sign on with them........I don't buy the excuse that the wrong kids are getting punished.........it isn't about punishing the kids......

The institutions aren't hogtied though. When is the last program you heard about hurting for money after they were busted cheating?

When someone gets caught, in nearly every case that results in penalties, the guilty parties are all fired and replaced. The players are gone. The coaches are fired. There's usually a new AD. Take Louisville, for example. Mack and Tyra shouldered the burden of Pitino and Jurich's sins.

So what you're left with is punishing the intangible entity of the program. But the program itself isn't what should be punished. The program didn't cheat. It only exists as a gathering of individuals. Things like show causes for coaches make sense. And you have to punish *someone* *somehow* so I understand bans and scholarship reductions. But vacating wins and records and putting show causes on coaches are really all that makes sense.

I don’t think weathermen have an agenda to spread fake weather so by default they win.
I don't know about that...too many times I've seen local stations call in every meteorologist on the payroll for some weather "event" or other that ends up fizzling out. Usually a snow event, but it happens in other seasons as well.

UNCheat should have at least 2 titles vacated and more than 20 years of win's.. Of course the do nothing NCAA let them off the hook on a made up story of something to do with academic's, which I thought was the entire reason they were formed in the first place!! Both the NCAA and UNCheat are cheats to the highest order..

GBB

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT