ADVERTISEMENT

Are we getting involved w/ Smith-Rivera

FishersBlue

All-American
Feb 9, 2005
He's a kid who plays in the INDY area and I was hoping to get a chance to see him play before the end of the year. Since he opened up his recruitment has Kentucky become involved? Not sure how he would fit the Dribble Drive but he's a top 25 ranked player and one of the top 2012 PGs.

I've read that Cal was in INDY last night. I know that Smith-Rivera's team played. Any news if Cal attended?

I have a feeling Smith-Rivera could be wearing Kentucky blue in 2012. Not sure how committed we are to pursuing Rose or Anderson (or whether we see Anderson as a true PG option). Smith-Rivera might be a great fit.

Originally posted by FishersBlue:
I've read that Cal was in INDY last night. I know that Smith-Rivera's team played. Any news if Cal attended?

I have a feeling Smith-Rivera could be wearing Kentucky blue in 2012. Not sure how committed we are to pursuing Rose or Anderson (or whether we see Anderson as a true PG option). Smith-Rivera might be a great fit.
Kyle Anderson grew 6" in a year and is now 6'9" according to a conversation I had with his mom. He is definitely NOT a PG. I would say that he is a point forward at times, but at his height and lack of speed he is not a PG. Plans on making UK one of his visits. I like his game!

With Teague expected to be a one and done we'll need to sign a PG in 2012. Rose and Smith-Rivera seem to be the best options remaining, and I'm wondering if Smith-Rivera has surpassed Rose on Cal's wish list.

Smith-Rivera's North Central team will be playing Teague's Pike team in a regional matchup next week. Not sure what day, but it will be interesting to see if CAL can make it to INDY to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT