ADVERTISEMENT

Are close w anyone from the 24 Class?

I have to imagine every top recruit knows that Cal's future here is shaky, at best. I wouldn't expect to land any recruits early.

We'll see how the season goes. If things are looking good in November and December and the talent on this team gets Kentucky back to winning.. then maybe Cal's tenure for 2024 is a bit safer and we can get some recruits. On the other hand, if it goes south, then I wouldn't expect we sign any one of importance and Cal just retires, does the buyout, steps aside, etc.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I’ve been disconnected from future classes with our current roster and the question of how much longer Cal has.

Karter Knox- would think us or UL
Jalil Bethea- seem to be turning up the heat and he said seeing Cal was like seeing god
At least one of the PGs in Fland, Diallo, Nowell I would think
Billy Richmond- another Camden guy we were on early

There are much better people to provide info on these classes and ‘25 is supposed to be strong so a reclass is definitely a possibility. 24 seems to be a very weak big man class after Flory who we’re already out on.

It is kind of odd that we haven't heard much about 2024 kids.
I'm holding out hope that UK is focusing more energy on skilled, very good, but likely multi-year guys, rather than all top 15 OAD types. I'm seeing some evidence of that now I think, but then again it may just be circumstantial or I may be deluding myself.

• Haha
Reactions: catben
I figured returnees, poach some guys from any team you want and get them in the portal, unless a few freshman or reclass actually choose to go to UK. Be plenty good enough. Heck with those freshman .

I'm holding out hope that UK is focusing more energy on skilled, very good, but likely multi-year guys, rather than all top 15 OAD types. I'm seeing some evidence of that now I think, but then again it may just be circumstantial or I may be deluding myself.
LOL, no. Cal's just about done. His doubling down to prove bennies wrong, that he can win big on draft night with all freshman starters, is all the evidence you need of what is occuring.

Good chance we get at least one of at Knox, Bethes, or Richmond. Maybe two.

Maybe Nowell..

Hopefully we get Cyril. Even if he reclasses, hopefully he is still here as a Soph.

I am hoping we get several players back, maybe some Sophs (Sheppard, Hart, Burks, Cyril) and Junior Thiero.

I hope we don’t need another huge class next season.

Reactions: Dead Cat Bounce
I'm just hoping Cal is gone for 2024 and our next coach has good connections with the class and transfer portal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT