ADVERTISEMENT

Archie Goodwin - Eberlein Drive TBT

So in other words, the facts I listed weren't the facts as I see them. They were the facts as you see them as well. You just bent over backwards to place the blame on Archie instead of who was actually responsible.
No, you just continue to be a jerk because someone doesn't agree with you. Archie had his share of the blame; it was his choice to play the way he played. It was such a happy day when he left Lexington.

No, you just continue to be a jerk because someone doesn't agree with you. Archie had his share of the blame; it was his choice to play the way he played. It was such a happy day when he left Lexington.
I am not being a jerk. I simply quoted your post which said that they were the facts as I saw them. Then in your very next post, you agreed with every single fact I posted. The only thing you didn't agree with was my conclusion from those facts which is fine. I simply called you out for your inconsistent posts because you agreed with my facts. If you don't like that, phrase your posts better.

Were you in the huddle or at practices? You assume it was his choice to play that way but history says it really wasn't. History shows Cal has repeatedly told his players to go make a play. Archie was playing that way. He was unfortunate in that he was the only one on that team that could go make a play. He may (and does) share the blame but that is primarily because he had no other choice. He did what that team needed him to do. If you throw a Malik Monk, an Eric Bledsoe, or an Immanuel Quickley on that team, you would've seen a huge difference.

Reactions: littlecreek
Just like James Young right?
Yes. And also just like Askew, Orton, Fletcher, Poole, Harrow... And other than stats from a handful of games played, what's the difference between Goodwin et al and dudes like Legion and Sharpe? If a single season on the UK roster equates to those guys forever being "in the UK fold" then under that calculus guys like Wheeler and Wiltjer should have their jerseys hanging from the rafters? 😜

Reggie Jackson was one and done with the Orioles in '76. 133 games played for Baltimore that season with 27 HR, 27 doubles and 91 RBI. But Reggie isn't in the Orioles "fold" and will never be confused as being otherwise. For the same reason - one season on the roster does not equate to athletic immortality. To me it just doesn’t.

Despite efforts to veer the conversation off course, my take hasn't changed: During his one season at UK Goodwin was a selfish me-first gunner that played out of control chasing stats at the expense of team success. He wore the UK jersey for the name on the back, like far too many during the Calipari era.

Reasonable minds may differ.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: KFuqua
Yes. And also just like Askew, Orton, Fletcher, Poole, Harrow... And other than stats from a handful of games played, what's the difference between Goodwin et al and dudes like Legion and Sharpe? If a single season on the UK roster equates to those guys forever being "in the UK fold" then under that calculus guys like Wheeler and Wiltjer should have their jerseys hanging from the rafters? 😜

Reggie Jackson was one and done with the Orioles in '76. 133 games played for Baltimore that season with 27 HR, 27 doubles and 91 RBI. But Reggie isn't in the Orioles "fold" and will never be confused as being otherwise. For the same reason - one season on the roster does not equate to athletic immortality. To me it just doesn’t.

Despite efforts to veer the conversation off course, my take hasn't changed: During his one season at UK Goodwin was a selfish me-first gunner that played out of control chasing stats at the expense of team success. He wore the UK jersey for the name on the back, like far too many during the Calipari era.

So also like AD, Reed Sheppard, John Wall too right?

So also like AD, Reed Sheppard, John Wall too right?
One season on the roster still doesn’t get a player’s jersey to hang in the rafters or on the facade (even at Kansas), does it? Remind me again of all the commitment/sacrifices the one & done players made to the university, the program, the fan base, and their returning teammates? You know, the “play for the name on the front of the jersey” stuff. Davis I suppose can point to a banner that he played a role with his teammates in hanging. But that didn’t involve making sacrifices or commitment.

It’s been a nice back and forth, but no sense in you and I making any more circles. Have a great weekend.

Last edited:
Hmm. Ask Tim Duncan, or Kenny Walker, or Jamal Mashburn, or Frank Kaminsky, or Danny Manning, or Patrick Ewing, or Grant Hill, or Larry Bird, or Larry Johnson, or Bill friggin’ Walton…
In other words you want the kids to get off your lawn so you can do things how they were done back in your day. College sports aren’t like they were back in the 80s/90s or earlierwhen everyone in your list played except Kaminsky. Kaminsky would have gone pro early if he could have. The fact is he wasn’t good enough. I don’t even think he is still in the league.

Why not come up with a list of recent people to make your argument?

Orton loves UK. Poole loves UK.

I really don't know what point you think you're making aside from "I like some players more than others. And arbitrarily pick and choose who I consider a UK player" when the truth is, it's not up to you and you've played zero minutes and scored zero points for UK.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT