ADVERTISEMENT

Archie Goodwin - Eberlein Drive TBT

sosoblue

Senior
Aug 18, 2004
Surprise to see Archie Goodwin's name on the Eberlein Drive TBT roster. I wonder if La Familia asked him to join and come back to play?

Reactions: Fox2monk
Surprise to see Archie Goodwin's name on the Eberlein Drive TBT roster. I wonder if La Familia asked him to join and come back to play?
Goodwin has played for Eberlein Drive since 2021. They used to feature players from UK and other local schools before La Familia formed. Maybe he's just developed some loyalty with that squad instead of jumping over to a new team?

Goodwin personified Calipari’s one and done era. Selfish me-first gunner that played out of control chasing stats at the expense of team success. Reasonable minds may differ.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Goodwin personified Calipari’s one and done era. Selfish me-first gunner that played out of control chasing stats at the expense of team success. Reasonable minds may differ.
Whenever I see Goodwin’s name or it is mentioned I am always reminded of the game at Fayetteville in his native Arkansas. First time down the court they close lined him to the floor and the crowd gave the Razorback who did it a standing O. I lost all respect for that fan base that day.

Whenever I see Goodwin’s name or it is mentioned I am always reminded of the game at Fayetteville in his native Arkansas. First time down the court they close lined him to the floor and the crowd gave the Razorback who did it a standing O. I lost all respect for that fan base that day.
He pretty much clothes-lined his own UK team as well. Never seen a player put down his head and drive into traffic for absolutely no reason other than to try to pad his stats, like Archie Goodwin did.

This is part of why I disagree with the notion that every fan base is the same or even that Kentucky has the most extreme fans. I would have a really hard time imagining this same thing happening if Jasper Johnson picked Alabama. I'm biased but that sort of behavior feels reserved for the Tennessees and Arkansas's of the world

Yeah Goodwin was the "I" in that team. I don't think I've ever seen him back as invited guest. I think Cal was disgusted with him by the end of the year.

Reactions: Chuckinden
To be fair, while Goodwin was a bit of a black hole with the ball but that team lacked offensive firepower. It had Archie and Julius Mays and Alex Poythress as their main offensive weapons. Nerlens was a beast on the defensive side. Others on that team were Kyle Wiltjer who should have never been here with Cal, Willie who wasn’t ready at that point, Ryan Harrow who we all know didn’t fit here, and Jarrod Polson along with Jon Hood.

Archie had to be selfish on that team.

To be fair, while Goodwin was a bit of a black hole with the ball but that team lacked offensive firepower. It had Archie and Julius Mays and Alex Poythress as their main offensive weapons. Nerlens was a beast on the defensive side. Others on that team were Kyle Wiltjer who should have never been here with Cal, Willie who wasn’t ready at that point, Ryan Harrow who we all know didn’t fit here, and Jarrod Polson along with Jon Hood.

Archie had to be selfish on that team.
Archie was one of the only decent players on squad. If they did t have him they would have won 10 games. He’s gets a bad rap for no reason. He always played hard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT