ADVERTISEMENT

Appendectomy. Recovery time?

Robcatt24

♩♪♫♬♭♮♯°ø؂≠≭
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2005
Actually had my appendix rupture on me last week. Doctor told me if I had waited another day to come in, I would have been a goner.

Had surgery on Thursday, discharged on Monday.

Taking into consideration that I'm a whore mongering barbarian, how long is the recovery time from an appendectomy?

Not that I'm in too much of a hurry. Really enjoying the ice cream and Percosets.

Had mine out on a Saturday night, discharged on Sunday evening and crawled under my house on Monday to fix a water leak, against my wife's protests. I did crawl very carefully though.

You were lucky to get out so early. A friend of mine had his to rupture and he spent close to a week in the hospital with the wound open suctioning out the goop and infection.

There is a big difference between appendicitis and a ruptured appendix. In 2006 I found out my appendix had ruptured the day before. I spent 8 days in the hospital and about a week to feel back to somewhat normal. I don't think there is a timeline one could follow as every case would be different.

Two years later I had gallstones, pancreatitis and had my gallbladder removed, 13 days in the hospital.

Neither one was pleasant.

UKJon

4 UK in tn

I had mine done and played golf the next day. You should be fine by now. That's unless they went in through your vag.
False. You did not play golf the next day if yours ruptured as the OP indicated. You played golf the next day because they removed yours before it ruptured.

False. You did not play golf the next day if yours ruptured as the OP indicated. You played golf the next day because they removed yours before it ruptured.
tumblr_inline_mgduus0eWg1rb3az8_large.gif

I had mine taken out in the middle of an iron man competition. I ran 34 miles 15 seconds after they stitched me up then ate a double covered and smothered at Waffle House.

Reactions: LordEgg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT