ADVERTISEMENT

Apathy

tomrain

Blue Chip Prospect
Feb 18, 2004
ap·a·thy-noun
/ˈapəTHē/ lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern.

Are there others like me who are there at that point now? I get all fired up by the 5-0 & 4-1 type starts. plan my Saturdays around the game, then we come out and just stink up the field, aka Alabama and SC games. I keep saying I wont get lured in next season and it happens again, but this year just feels different. I will probably watch the UL game, but I have checked out for this season. Before I get flamed on here, it really wouldn't be a huge dissapointment if UL beats us. Sometimes it takes hitting rock bottom before changes are finally made. What are we gonna do again? Change coordinators? You can only do that so many times while still getting the same results. There is one constant throughout these displays of ineptness on the field. I finally have come to the realization that as long as Stoops is our coach, thats the way its gonna be and all we have to look forward to in the future. I think he has gotten fat and lazy, just like Cal with the big contract. I firmly believe the BBN will support football, just like basketball if we put a quality product on the field. Seems like Im rambling here, but just totally frustrated as a fan and to pay out $9 million for these kind of mediocre results year after year is pathetic!

The South Carolina game got me to that point. We were clearly the better team with better players on the field. Team and coaches didn't care enough or want to win bad enough to take care of their business so why should I care enough to be upset with a loss. I expect UL to embarrass this team on Saturday(if that is possible)

Fan base is the recipient of unfair expectations every off season and then we beat up the three cupcakes and we complain that we are not in the top 25. Then we handle of couple of SEC schools before we return to earth and claim our participation trophy while watching superior coaching staffs run over us. Next year does not look any different than the past two years ie six wins

ap·a·thy-noun

Are there others like me who are there at that point now? I get all fired up by the 5-0 & 4-1 type starts. plan my Saturdays around the game, then we come out and just stink up the field, aka Alabama and SC games. I keep saying I wont get lured in next season and it happens again, but this year just feels different. I will probably watch the UL game, but I have checked out for this season. Before I get flamed on here, it really wouldn't be a huge dissapointment if UL beats us. Sometimes it takes hitting rock bottom before changes are finally made. What are we gonna do again? Change coordinators? You can only do that so many times while still getting the same results. There is one constant throughout these displays of ineptness on the field. I finally have come to the realization that as long as Stoops is our coach, thats the way its gonna be and all we have to look forward to in the future. I think he has gotten fat and lazy, just like Cal with the big contract. I firmly believe the BBN will support football, just like basketball if we put a quality product on the field. Seems like Im rambling here, but just totally frustrated as a fan and to pay out $9 million for these kind of mediocre results year after year is pathetic!
I think you summed up very well how many UK fans feel.

Reactions: Tskware and tomrain
It was the way we lost. At some point Stoops is gonna have to beat UT.

He blew them out in neyland a few years ago. I agree we shouldve beaten them at home both of the last two times. The last game at neyland was awful timing considering we caught their best game of the season

Reactions: grevey35
The South Carolina game got me to that point. We were clearly the better team with better players on the field. Team and coaches didn't care enough or want to win bad enough to take care of their business so why should I care enough to be upset with a loss. I expect UL to embarrass this team on Saturday(if that is possible)

Clearly better is a strong term, there are positions UK was clearly better, but there were positions Carolina was clearly better. UK was better at RB, Walker was better than anyone they had, but Rattler was the better QB and they had the best WR on the field.
Talent wise I though the teams were pretty even, UK had the best defender in Walker and Carolina had the best offensive player in that WR. At least that is how I felt after UGA played each team.

Reactions: grevey35
Clearly better is a strong term, there are positions UK was clearly better, but there were positions Carolina was clearly better. UK was better at RB, Walker was better than anyone they had, but Rattler was the better QB and they had the best WR on the field.
Talent wise I though the teams were pretty even, UK had the best defender in Walker and Carolina had the best offensive player in that WR. At least that is how I felt after UGA played each team.
Fair enough, my point was that UK was in a better position to win the game in the 3rd and 4th quarters based on how the game played out. We had more playmakers with opportunities to make plays but didn't pay enough attention to detail to do so. It was our game to win but we didn't finish the job. If you consider all 22 positions we were better 15 to 16 of them

Reactions: bluecoon1
Fair enough, my point was that UK was in a better position to win the game in the 3rd and 4th quarters based on how the game played out. We had more playmakers with opportunities to make plays but didn't pay enough attention to detail to do so. It was our game to win but we didn't finish the job. If you consider all 22 positions we were better 15 to 16 of them
The Usc jr advantage at the 3-0 turnover position was a killer.

You were in position to win for sure, but outside 3-4 people the talent level was very close.

ap·a·thy-noun

I don't care.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT