ADVERTISEMENT

AP Top 10 teams on the road this year

Keeps up like this and we could still have a shot at a decent seed.

Regardless of our USC failure, this is still a stunning statistic and just shows the impact of the portal and NIL (mostly the portal). Teams are moving and shifting players every year now.

I agree the portal and the extra Covid years have made basketball pretty even across the board. Once the Covid years end and portal is adjusted things will get back to normal.

Reactions: chroix
It’s true that the portal, extra eligibility, NIL, etc. have all resulted in increased parity. But anyone who doesn’t think this statistic is, at least in part, due to the proliferation of sports gambling has their head in the sand.

There are absolutely corrupt NCAA officials. The NBA had very stringent preventive measures for their PROFESSIONAL officials but somehow still allowed a few criminals to get through. You can’t tell me the NCAA, who has no regulations, oversight, or accountability whatsoever for their AMATEUR officials is a squeeky clean operation. Players are going to keep getting caught as we saw with Boutte from LSU this week, and it’s only a matter of time before officials are caught as well.

Reactions: crestcat and chroix
It’s true that the portal, extra eligibility, NIL, etc. have all resulted in increased parity. But anyone who doesn’t think this statistic is, at least in part, due to the proliferation of sports gambling has their head in the sand.

There are absolutely corrupt NCAA officials. The NBA had very stringent preventive measures for their PROFESSIONAL officials but somehow still allowed a few criminals to get through. You can’t tell me the NCAA, who has no regulations, oversight, or accountability whatsoever for their AMATEUR officials is a squeeky clean operation. Players are going to keep getting caught as we saw with Boutte from LSU this week, and it’s only a matter of time before officials are caught as well.
So… you think sports gambling started this season?

So… you think sports gambling started this season?

Is that what I said? Read more closely before you make a smartass response. Sports gambling has exploded in the last couple years. More convenient than ever with smartphone apps, legal in more states than ever, advertised, promoted, and socially accepted more than ever. Hence the word proliferation.

Reactions: crestcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT