ADVERTISEMENT

AP Poll: UK 20th, Richmond 19th

But we still should've beat 'em.

Why though? And I'm being serious, because I really want to know why Kentucky was supposed to automatically beat Richmond, who is a top25 team, when we didn't have fans at home, and we didn't have exhibitions, and we didn't have the Detroit game, and we didn't have a single returning player from last year?

Why is "THAT" Kentucky team just supposed to win 10/10 times against Richmond when we only had ONE game under our belt?

Why though? And I'm being serious, because I really want to know why Kentucky was supposed to automatically beat Richmond, who is a top25 team, when we didn't have fans at home, and we didn't have exhibitions, and we didn't have the Detroit game, and we didn't have a single returning player from last year?

Why is "THAT" Kentucky team just supposed to win 10/10 times against Richmond when we only had ONE game under our belt?
Exactly. Richmond is a damn good team. No shame in losing to them regardless where the game was played. Especially early in the season.

People here will build up Richmond as being good as the Zags soon,lol.

No one said that, nor will they.

But what's more concerning is that you don't seem to understand how close "19" is to "1" when it pertains to 350 teams.

Think of like HS grade ranking. You finished 340th, because, well, you're an idiot, and your two friends finished 19th and 1st. Do you consider the 19th a dumbass, and in the same boat as you... or are you just the dumbass, and 19 and 1 are pretty legit?

It amazes me that some act like getting humiliated on our home floor by a mid major isn't a big deal.Hope Cal never repeats the gold standard garbage again.

Reactions: track42
The poll this week is about right from top to bottom.

It amazes me that some act like getting humiliated on our home floor by a mid major isn't a big deal.Hope Cal never repeats the gold standard garbage again.
Not excusing the loss but there’s a difference between the A-10 and the Sun Belt. Some mid major conferences are almost as good as the SEC or PAC-12. Richmond would likely be a top 4 team in our conference and the A-10 almost always has very good teams each year.

10 spots for losing to a Top 25 team who was 26th going into that game and now is 19th. Plus there really isn't any home games or advantage this year. Hence why U6 was crying so much about wasting their home-court advantage this year. Richmond was a Top 25 team going into the season before losing their team captain and Sr. Sherod with a torn ACL. Yet Dook beat a nobody to move to 1-0 and jumped up 3 spots to 6th LMFAO!

I was worried about this game this summer when I saw it and read about Richmond. They were good last year at 24-7 and won 9 out of their last 10. They were the perfect storm, a veteran solid team in game 2. We pretty much beat ourselves missing double-digit FTs and having 20+ TOs. I mean we have 10 new players who have never played together or for Cal to start the season and played like crap in game 2 with the support of less than 3K. I know I shouldn't be surprised on here, but most had to know we were going to take some lumps early on. Hell. Brooks isn't even playing. If we beat KU we are fine.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I have a feeling we will be a sliding scale with the rankings, one week drop out then 2 weeks later back in top 25. Never get into top 10 until last of the year.

Not excusing the loss but there’s a difference between the A-10 and the Sun Belt. Some mid major conferences are almost as good as the SEC or PAC-12. Richmond would likely be a top 4 team in our conference and the A-10 almost always has very good teams each year.

Doesn't matter.. according to some we're not supposed to lose at home, ever.

Here's a list of the acceptable home losses:

The 2017 Golden State Warriors.
The 92 Dream Team.

No, sorry. the 92 Dream Team can't be included because Laettner was on it.. so that's an unacceptable loss, also.

That leaves just Golden States historic team as an acceptable loss in November.

My sources? Some 400lb state worker who goes beep-boop on his keyboard because there's nothing else he can do with his life except examine a sport he never played. And let me tell you.. That's the kind of guy I put MY trust into.. not no John Calimari!

Last edited:
Richmond came into Rupp and spanked the CATS...if Richmond is as good as people are saying, then they SHOULD be ranked ahead of UK.

Question remains - What will Richmonds record be after 10 games? Do you see them dropping one or could they be this years Dayton?

Question remains - What will Richmonds record be after 10 games? Do you see them dropping one or could they be this years Dayton?
They are good for a mid major but don’t see a Dayton like squad. Will guess they end up as a 8 or 9 seed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT