ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone know how to get a PS5?

Your best bet is fb marketplace especially now around the Holiday’s paying around 200 more than retail.

I can let you know when they are about to drop at target or Best Buy. They typically drop once a week and as long as you are right on it, you should be able to snag one at retail.

I bought mine from Gamestop. If you're a powerup rewards member ($15 annually), you get a email the morning they are going to go live. Gamestop bundles these, so you're not going to be able to just buy the system. You get an extra controller and like 3 games, and it ends up being close to $900 after taxes.

On the day of the drop, you go to the item page, open it in chrome, firefox, and IE, and you just scroll through each hitting f5 until it shows you can put it in your cart. Since you went ahead and put in all your information when you bought the powerup rewards, you're logged into to your account with payment, and you beat the rush.

Once I got serious about it, I got one within a week.

That’s simply not true. I built my gaming PC for like 900-1000 and definitely could have been cheaper and it still have better specs then the consoles. Not to mention many games are free for PC.

Share your specs and date purchased if you don't mind. I'm a PC gamer myself, running on about 7 year old hardware (but have since upgraded the GPU once). Nothing crazy, but the initial cost was around $1,000, and had access to some free SSDs that would have added to the cost. Between that and the GPU upgrade.. I'd say I spent about $1,500 for a gaming PC.. that's currently right around the capability of a PS4 or Xbox One (I play PC and Xbox One, and I'd say their both about at the end of their life for next-gen gaming). I find it hard to believe with GPU prices, that you can build a PC for under $1,000 that's going to be playing next gen games in 7 years.

My point is, getting a next gen-console in it's first year for $7-800 ($1,000 is a bit steep for me), back when it came out, is pretty comparable to building a gaming PC.

And what free games? Sure, you can torrent, and find old games. But anything new isn't going to be free.

Share your specs and date purchased if you don't mind. I'm a PC gamer myself, running on about 7 year old hardware (but have since upgraded the GPU once). Nothing crazy, but the initial cost was around $1,000, and had access to some free SSDs that would have added to the cost. Between that and the GPU upgrade.. I'd say I spent about $1,500 for a gaming PC.. that's currently right around the capability of a PS4 or Xbox One (I play PC and Xbox One, and I'd say their both about at the end of their life for next-gen gaming). I find it hard to believe with GPU prices, that you can build a PC for under $1,000 that's going to be playing next gen games in 7 years.

My point is, getting a next gen-console in it's first year for $7-800 ($1,000 is a bit steep for me), back when it came out, is pretty comparable to building a gaming PC.

And what free games? Sure, you can torrent, and find old games. But anything new isn't going to be free.
I built mine before the pandemic so GPU prices weren’t what they are now. But there are still plenty of them that are mid tier that will run games at the same quality or better then a console. The PS5 price point isn’t bad, but if you are trying to tell me that it’s more cost efficient to but that over a PC you are simply wrong. As every part of a PC can be upgraded as needed compared to the box of one time parts a console is. I could go on pcpartpicker and create you a PC if you were serious.

As for the Free games, I don’t play a ton of games but I know League of Legends and Valorant are both free. Many PC games go the free route now to attract players and then have cosmetic purchases in game. You can also get a ton of great games on steam that are 10-15 bucks.

OP depending on how much you are willing to spend over you can get one on StockX which is an app for buying and selling various items. You also wouldn’t need to worry about being scammed as they check for you. I think they start about $750ish

PC gaming is cheaper in the long term (cheaper games, steam sales, no fee for online gaming) I have a 5600x 1080TI build right now. It cost me $2000 but that’s because I overpaid by $200 for the 1080ti. https://ibb.co/C7cxQhL

I built mine before the pandemic so GPU prices weren’t what they are now. But there are still plenty of them that are mid tier that will run games at the same quality or better then a console. The PS5 price point isn’t bad, but if you are trying to tell me that it’s more cost efficient to but that over a PC you are simply wrong. As every part of a PC can be upgraded as needed compared to the box of one time parts a console is. I could go on pcpartpicker and create you a PC if you were serious.

As for the Free games, I don’t play a ton of games but I know League of Legends and Valorant are both free. Many PC games go the free route now to attract players and then have cosmetic purchases in game. You can also get a ton of great games on steam that are 10-15 bucks.
The GPU in the PS5/XboxX is comparable to $5-600 GPU's right now. I do agree that with a custom Built PC, you get the brunt of the cost out of the way, and you save more and more as time goes on, upgrading things here and there.

I just think an $800 PS5/XboxX is going to get just as much mileage as a custom built gaming PC would, for a good few hundred less. I don't believe you can spec out a gaming PC for less that will do as much.. keep in mind, you mention GPU prices being high.. well that's also a bit of the reason why Consoles are high.

Convenience has won me over a bit in the "PC/Console" debate. That $800 PS5 is going to be playing next-gen games for 7-8 years.. no upgrades needed. And there's a cyclical factor: consoles can be seen as the better buy when they are first released, where as gaming PCs continue to trim the lead, and take the lead, as the console ages.

First, the elephant in the room. For the first year or two after they launch, new gaming consoles tend to offer much more bang-for-buck than comparable gaming PCs, and the Xbox Series X is no exception. It probably puts your gaming rig to shame, and for a comparatively paltry $500.

PC gaming is cheaper in the long term (cheaper games, steam sales, no fee for online gaming) I have a 5600x 1080TI build right now. It cost me $2000 but that’s because I overpaid by $200 for the 1080ti. https://ibb.co/C7cxQhL

It's not all that dissimilar to leasing vs buying. Building a PC is like buying a car. The savings come well after the initial first few years.. so I agree.

But it's still a valid path to buy the cheaper console early on, knowing you have a big runway of time that you are playing all the next-gen games at near-peak video quality.

And remember, not everyone has the ability to build a PC or maintain it. There's a convenience factor here, ans for a Dad and young son.. that seems like the best route.

Reactions: RunninRichie
It's not all that dissimilar to leasing vs buying. Building a PC is like buying a car. The savings come well after the initial first few years.. so I agree.

But it's still a valid path to buy the cheaper console early on, knowing you have a big runway of time that you are playing all the next-gen games at near-peak video quality.

And remember, not everyone has the ability to build a PC or maintain it. There's a convenience factor here, ans for a Dad and young son.. that seems like the best route.
Absolutely, but anybody can build a PC. When those consoles are easily outpaced by PC in 2 years after their release there you are waiting for daddy sony and microsoft to allow you to upgrade to the next shiny box. I just think people should go PC to experience it. There’s nothing like it.

Absolutely, but anybody can build a PC. When those consoles are easily outpaced by PC in 2 years after their release there you are waiting for daddy sony and microsoft to allow you to upgrade to the next shiny box. I just think people should go PC to experience it. There’s nothing like it.

For many reasons, A PC is the way to go. I scoffed at console gamers for years (and still do, FOH telling me that GoldenEye64 is a great shooter when I'm playing Quake and Half-Life).. but as I got older, I liked the convenience and social aspect console gaming brings.. I can play Mario Kart and other casual games in the living room with my GF.. then I can hop on Xbox Live to quickly link up for a sports game with friends or a shooter.. without my friends needing the money or expertise to build a gaming rig, and using simplified interfaces and configurations. We're actually all still playing on Xbox One, and were playing all the new releases.

I don't have the time these days to spend grinding in Diablo 2, or playing 30 Counterstrike matches in a row. Maybe if I spent less time here hahaha...

For many reasons, A PC is the way to go. I scoffed at console gamers for years (and still do, FOH telling me that GoldenEye64 is a great shooter when I'm playing Quake and Half-Life).. but as I got older, I liked the convenience and social aspect console gaming brings.. I can play Mario Kart and other casual games in the living room with my GF.. then I can hop on Xbox Live to quickly link up for a sports game with friends or a shooter.. without my friends needing the money or expertise to build a gaming rig, and using simplified interfaces and configurations. We're actually all still playing on Xbox One, and were playing all the new releases.

I don't have the time these days to spend grinding in Diablo 2, or playing 30 Counterstrike matches in a row. Maybe if I spent less time here hahaha...
Haha yeah man. Console has always been about casual/ease of use gaming. I got no problem with people who use consoles. I just think any gamer should at least try PC once. But, PC has discord and xbox parties.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
@BlueWorlOrder74 I just looked and saw several new ones for $750 on Swappa. Mostly white color, not sure if that matters. Again, that's an extremely reputable site.

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
No. If enough people buy these things at scalped prices this tells the company the consumer is ok with it. There’s already a unconfirmed reported nvidia has taken notice.

Dude. If consumers buy these things at higher prices then they are okay with the price. That’s exactly what the transaction signifies. You aren’t entitled to surplus value (i.e., you value a thing at $1000 but you’re fortunate enough to be able to buy it for $200). Companies always have and always will set prices at the profit-maximizing point, which is where sales volume times marginal revenue per sale produce the highest marginal revenue. If they can double the price and only lose 25% of sales, it would be stupid not to do it.

most of time Walmart -use a 300 pm eastern / if there available This is there hit point / don’t use pc / use tablet or phone reason factor . Pc trends to lag with server to server. Mins -seconds count and have info set up thur a app keep pounded the refreshed to get to cart — good luck

Thanks!

I had never heard of that site prior. You say it’s reputable?
Yes sir. I've bought and sold phones on that site for a few years, now. I've never had an issue. The site administrators run a tight ship. Oh, and shipping is included in the sales price. Just make an account and happy shopping!

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
Sorry if has already been mentioned but remember there are two versions of the PS5, a disc version and a digital version. Just making sure you don't buy the digital version and buy physical games for it!

Last edited:
I gotta get one before the next elder scrolls comes out. Then college football game

i still got a year..

What is ps plus, and how do you sign up for it?

It's the online gaming thing for playstation. I got lucky when they had a 50% off sale for a year at 30 dollars. It is usually 60 for a year. I am also not sure that signing up can guarantee you get the same offer. I was shocked I got it within 2 weeks of signing up. It was probably luck.

I’ll drop a grand on it today, just don’t know where or what site it trustworthy.

Ive never missed a Santa gift. It’s worth it to see the kids on Christmas morning. Took me months to find two Hatchimals one year, and I nearly had to fight a target employee to get them both.
I will find you a PS5 for a Grand in less than a week. Just set alerts on the website

Keep refreshing and be logged in with payment ready to go. Dropping in the next 5-15 minutes

These are the links they load before dropping. It will say sold out until they make it live. You have to be fast because of the bots that snag them up, but you can ge them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT