ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone Else Tired Of Hearing We Are Crazy?

KyCatFan

All-American
May 7, 2002
Coach Cal caused a lot of that talk with the "you people are crazy" speeches. Also how we expect championships every year. I wouldn't say we are crazy, but more like fanatical. Most fans also don't expect championships every year. We only average 1 title every 8.75 years or so since we won our first NCAA Tournament Championship. We've also only averaged like 1 Final Four every 4.5 years since our first one.

I think most rational fans want to win it every year, but never expect it. Getting to a Final Four at least every 3 or 4 years and being a legitimate threat those years to win the title is what I believe most people expect. Coach Cal has spoiled us though and has people believing we can get to a Final Four and win a Championship nearly every year. I still don't think most of us expect it like the announcers keep saying.

No because we are crazy. I remember everyone thinking Tubby’s teams were going to win it all every year. We’re just like Bama football fans, Packers fans, Red Sox & Yankee Fans & any other group with great tradition who are loyal to their team. He’s not lying.

We definitely aren’t crazy. There was a guy this morning who said he wouldn’t panic about three point shooting until after the preseason vacation games were over. Very levelheaded.

Reactions: UK90 and Double Tay
Coach Cal caused a lot of that talk with the "you people are crazy" speeches. Also how we expect championships every year. I wouldn't say we are crazy, but more like fanatical. Most fans also don't expect championships every year. We only average 1 title every 8.75 years or so since we won our first NCAA Tournament Championship. We've also only averaged like 1 Final Four every 4.5 years since our first one.

I think most rational fans want to win it every year, but never expect it. Getting to a Final Four at least every 3 or 4 years and being a legitimate threat those years to win the title is what I believe most people expect. Coach Cal has spoiled us though and has people believing we can get to a Final Four and win a Championship nearly every year. I still don't think most of us expect it like the announcers keep saying.

Keep on talking Cal. You are ok by me.

It's a compliment. "Bama fans are crazy". "Red Sox fans are crazy". "Kentucky fans are crazy".

It's only associated with the most dedicated, passionate fans. And is only associated with the top teams in their respective sports.

Nobody has ever said "Georgia Tech fans are crazy". Bc they are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

What I mean is the way the announcers say it make it sound like a negative thing. That we constantly have ridiculous expectations. Coach Cal uses it more out of respect for the things we do. Like filling up an arena in another country 2 months before the season starts or camping out for a week before a practice. I would prefer the announcers to say we are passionate over crazy. Cal can keep calling us crazy though.

I embrace the crazy. I’m that rare psycho you hear about.

I think we’re crazy.

Reactions: WildMoon
What I mean is the way the announcers say it make it sound like a negative thing. That we constantly have ridiculous expectations. Coach Cal uses it more out of respect for the things we do. Like filling up an arena in another country 2 months before the season starts or camping out for a week before a practice. I would prefer the announcers to say we are passionate over crazy. Cal can keep calling us crazy though.

You might want to change the way you’re taking it, we’re crazy.

Reactions: UK90
Ah, we are crazy. It's ok with me. I think at least half the time people intend it to be a good kind of crazy, really "passionate" is more like it. Others mean crazy as in lunatic or unreasonable. And that often comes from jealousy more than anything. So again, I'm not worried.

We re all members of a cult and cal is our david Koresh without the guns and pedophilia

Well I guess I'm the only one then. I just don't like the announcers portraying us all as lunatics that think anything less than a championship is a failure. To me, that is how the announcers come off as with their crazy comments. In my opinion, it's not the same as our coach and fans calling each other crazy as a term of endearment.

Reactions: Kybluedude
Well I guess I'm the only one then. I just don't like the announcers portraying us all as lunatics that think anything less than a championship is a failure. To me, that is how the announcers come off as with their crazy comments. In my opinion, it's not the same as our coach and fans calling each other crazy as a term of endearment.

You are the only one. People are watching you too. Geez, all but one of the BBN are crazy.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I'm so crazy I live in a mental institution most of the time when I'm not escaping. Crazy is a great place to live and as a BBN member I feel right at home. I hear voices and see things that aren't there. I live in a dream with other crazy people. Cal visits sometimes in January but he doesn't stay long. Anyone have the numbers for the powerball on Saturday? Love me some Cal and BBN. Oh! Almost forgot to say I love me some Wildcats. Got to go now and get back in bed before I'm missed.

No. I know I’m crazy. It’s just Coach Cal hyperbole though. He knows we don’t expect to win every year, he just knows that we want to win every year and we think we can win every year. I’m not going to lie the last 3 years have been tough not making a final 4, but I had a ton of fun watching those teams compete and grow as a team, and see many of them go on to achieve their dreams. I was just thinking today about how close we were in ‘17. That team was playing so well and you can tell by their reaction to having that game ripped away, that they themselves expected to go all the way and had no doubts in themselves.

My Dad has progressive health problems and is not able to go to Rupp Arena and sit in the upper deck anymore. A couple of years ago when he was talking about going to a game and my mother said, "You're going to die in Rupp Arena". To which he replied "I hope so".

That is a good story.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT