ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone Else Not That Upset?

Actually this was somewhat predictable. Cal was SO intent on having them relax and “enjoy” everything. Hell, I could feel the tension all week. We play so tight it's ridiculous. We only seem to play loose (or at least, focused) when we are the underdog or face another big name school.

I’m shocked that we let a former division 2 player beat us. I’m also embarrassed because we’ve become a joke of a program thanks to Cal.

Reactions: OleBum
I’m pissed and you all should be too. Don’t give me this “I’m numb” bullshit. Stop being limp. It’s ok to be mad

Hi
I'm numb to it these days. But I have decided I'm not watching anymore games until Cal is gone. I'll still read and post on here just because, well, I have nothing against my fellow brothers and sisters as fans and I guess this place will kind of be like a AA meeting spot. Hi, I'm Phil, and I'm a recovering UK basketball fan.....
Hiii Phil!!

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
Not one time did Cal go small tonight. In a game where our big guys again did nothing, and the team we played had no big guys. He didn’t once try to put Burks In and just run. He stayed big and did what he always does. Goes back to old faithful that don’t work.

I'm just sad. Not mad.

Sad that the rest of the tournament is ruined for me. Couldn't even enjoy the first day.
Sad that we are the laughingstock of the tournament. Again.
And, honestly, sad that the Calipari era that started so well is going down in flames to the point his legacy might already be irreprably tarnished.

I can’t lie bro I have prepared myself but each time I’m shocked . Like I don’t even know what to expect this offseason at this point other than the usual declares and someone(maybe a few) will transfer
If Cal stays, it will not go well. He will play the victim. His tired act will not go over good. I expect a lot of transfers. Cal will run his mouth as usual. Mock fans. Talk about the NBA and big contracts.

He is completely clueless to the fanbase.

I'm just sad. Not mad.

Sad that the rest of the tournament is ruined for me. Couldn't even enjoy the first two day.
Sad that we are the laughingstock of the tournament. Again.
And, honestly, sad that the Calipari era that started so well is going down in flames to the point his legacy might already be tarnished.
He doesn't care at all. He's about himself.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
I’m irrationally angry. But that passion is what has driven me to go to great lengths to support UK basketball. But I will never set foot in a UK facility, buy another piece of UK merchandise or spend money on anything so long as Cal is there.

Numb..I'm used to this shit. I've got FOUR teams I root for in four major sports. The Kentucky Wildcats (College basketball), the Kentucky Wildcats (College football), the Atlanta Braves (MLB), and the Dallas Cowboys (NFL)..I'm used to disappointment. "My" teams have a total of TWO Championships since 1998. UK basketball winning the National Title in 2012 and the Atlanta Braves winning the World Series in 2021. That's all I've got since the the late 90s. Overall, it's been a tough 26 years for me in terms of sports. LMAO ! 🤣 I got to see all of my teams dominate in the 90s though.

I've gotten to the point that I expect early tournament flameouts now. As long as this goof remains the coach at UK, the more UK will start looking like IU.

Idk I think I am almost upset over how not upset I am over that game. I expected this garbage and conceded that Kentucky basketball is going nowhere as long as Cal is here.
I feel exactly this way. Probably because I’m optimistic tonight’s result sealed Cal’s fate at UK. I don’t know what’s going to happen, or how it’s going to happen…but this feels like a point of no return.

That’s my hope, my only hope. Not the recruiting class, not Reed coming back…it’s that I just watched John Calipari coach his last game at Kentucky. That’s all I’ve got right now.

Numb..I'm used to this shit. I've got FOUR teams I root for in four major sports. The Kentucky Wildcats (College basketball), the Kentucky Wildcats (College football), the Atlanta Braves (MLB), and the Dallas Cowboys (NFL)..I'm used to disappointment. "My" teams have a total of TWO Championships since 1998. UK basketball winning the National Title in 2012 and the Atlanta Braves winning the World Series in 2021. That's all I've got since the the late 90s. Overall, it's been a tough 26 years for me in terms of sports. LMAO ! 🤣 I got to see all of my teams dominate in the 90s though.

I might have you beat.

UK Wildcats (basketball and football), Cincinnati Bengals and Cincinnati Reds.

UK basketball was the only one I could count on being good every year. Key word there is "could." Now, I don't see much difference between current UK basketball and late-stage Marvin Lewis Bengals football.

I might have you beat.

UK Wildcats (basketball and football), Cincinnati Bengals and Cincinnati Reds.

UK basketball was the only one I could count on being good every year. Key word there is "could." Now, I don't see much difference between current UK basketball and late-stage Marvin Lewis Bengals football.
The Reds are one of my favorite teams to watch the Braves play. Win or lose, it's almost always a fun series. Joey Votto still scares me every time he steps up to the plate. He's a damn great ball player. I like his and Ozzie Albies friendly banter and jokes they tell each other when the Reds and Braves play. I respect the heck out of Joey Votto. That kid y'all got now, Elly De La Cruz, is special. He is something else. I don't want my Braves to face y'all this year but I know we got 6/7 games vs. y'all this year and it's going to be tough.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
There were many years where my schedule would always accommodate UK’s schedule. I would even decline social engagements if it conflicted with basketball.
But around 2020-2021, I got tired of losing. I had once cared so much, maybe too much, and yet now I’m no longer overly emotional at a loss. That bothers me, because I miss the happy times of March from years gone by.

Watch the tape, Cal!

Reactions: Ugoff
Just a great crappy night. I've gotten hooked on watching a streamer (he does programming and talks about cybersec and has a soothing voice). Well, he streams at odd hours, but it's perfect to turn on and learn and sleep to. He just had an emergency come up and cancelled his stream for the night. Meaning another ding to my sleep. Ugh.

What a craptastic start to my three day weekend.

Thanks Cal for ruining yet another weekend for me. I hope to goodness it's the last one you do.

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
I'll never be as upset as I was after the 15 F4 loss
Agree. That loss was devastating. I cared way too much in 2015. I must admit that the 2017 loss was devastating, too, but with the Higgins shenanigans mixed in there was so much more to that story.
Truthfully, we’re only 2-6 under the referee Brian Dorsey who officiated last night. That’s an awfully low percentage of wins at 25%. http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/Statistics/Officials/Brian_Dorsey.html I’d be curious if a call here or there would have changed the outcome.

Cal has killed interest in UK basketball. Rupp doesn't sell out anymore, you hardly see any UK shirts or hats out in public. Every season since 2012 has been an extreme disappointment.

It was expected but I am still pissed. if he won't leave on his own he needs to be run out. It is past time for his departure. If he was fish no one would be able to stay in the same room, he smells so bad.

I haven't gotten upset in a long time. I think it is because I have no expectations that CCC can win an SEC or NCAA tournament. I hope that I get surprised and the team does well, but I have no expectations of that happening.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT