ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else hear that Cal is replacing Welch…

Doubtful, he has had a super cushy life. He’s been given opportunities other coaches who actually worked would die for. His father isn’t a coaching savant, he was just a hard worker who understood the game and grinded to get to the top. After he reached the pinnacle he got lazy but Brad has never had to work hard for a thing. He got a walk on spot here because of who he was.
MV5BMTI2MTE5NjkxNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzgyODY0MQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Said in another thread that one of the factors I think ultimately lead Cal to Arky was setting Brad up.

Looking at everything, I think that played at least a very strong supporting role in his decision.

Why give up on everything he had coming his way at UK?

People will make a big deal out of it. But honestly, how many law firms, construction outfits, plumbing, electrician, medical, dental, etc are family run?

Joe and Sons plumbing...how do you think sons got into the business, got the gig, and their name on the trucks?

Morgan and Morgan...how do think the second wave of morgans got into law and rose up the ladder?

He wanted to get Brad started out on a solid track before he retired, realized his leverage at UK was dwindling. Was little to no shot here, especially if he wasn't going to win much more in the post season.

He'll be a hero after a couple good recruiting classes and draft nights, plus the backing of buddy Tyson. Brad will be coaching Arkansas State or Arky Pine Bluff in no time.

Don’t knock the kid.
Cal needs to be reminded by the good.

That said there is always that one scratch off lottery ticket that wins.

Doubtful, he has had a super cushy life. He’s been given opportunities other coaches who actually worked would die for. His father isn’t a coaching savant, he was just a hard worker who understood the game and grinded to get to the top. After he reached the pinnacle he got lazy but Brad has never had to work hard for a thing. He got a walk on spot here because of who he was.

Brad always kind of looked like a spoiled rich kid. It was always so weird seeing him on the bench those few years, like a kid wearing a grownup suit.. the white turtle neck and chain.. like he watched Goodfellas just a few too many times.

Brad always kind of looked like a spoiled rich kid. It was always so weird seeing him on the bench those few years, like a kid wearing a grownup suit.. the white turtle neck and chain.. like he watched Goodfellas just a few too many times.
I agree, his outfit at the Oakland game was just like that. He puts out a vibe like he grew up in the hood honestly. At least like he understands the kids who did. Like he’s part of rap culture or something.

Ulis wasn't a GA (graduate assistant). He was a student coach (undergraduate).

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
It's funny. I called he wanted Brad on staff like 2-3 weeks ago. It's so easy to see where everything is going under Cal. I ''developed'' that power back in like 2021.

With Brad?!

Brad Calipari is going to run the offense at Arkansas.

Enjoy that Arkansas.
CCC still hasn't got over his SEVERE allergic reaction to the moder offense Welch made him try that was so horrible it was called the nuclear 5 because the lineup and tactic made so many points so fast, especially with a 7-2 5 with court vision passing and a three-point stroke.
Witnessing it made his brain go into the most severe case of cognitive dissonance humankind has ever known resulting in him believing he was coaching those last TWO games of the year.
SO GLAD HE'S GONE!!!!!

He was not sticking around for another year of Cal. He was out the door regardless of whether Cal returned. Fresno St became his best option. A shame. Would have loved to see him here under Pope.
I think we may more need a defensive version of him for Pope.
While you can't have too many good minds working in concert, Mark has cool stuff already.
Probably even closer to the cutting edge than we saw most of last year.

The defense may even be okay once some more athleticism is injected but the there is a lot of reason to be optimistic about the offense.

Said in another thread that one of the factors I think ultimately lead Cal to Arky was setting Brad up.

Looking at everything, I think that played at least a very strong supporting role in his decision.

People will make a big deal out of it. But honestly, how many law firms, construction outfits, plumbing, electrician, medical, dental, etc are family run?

Joe and Sons plumbing...how do you think sons got into the business, got the gig, and their name on the trucks?

Morgan and Morgan...how do think the second wave of morgans got into law and rose up the ladder?

He wanted to get Brad started out on a solid track before he retired, realized his leverage at UK was dwindling. Was little to no shot here, especially if he wasn't going to win much more in the post season.

He'll be a hero after a couple good recruiting classes and draft nights, plus the backing of buddy Tyson. Brad will be coaching Arkansas State or Arky Pine Bluff in no time.
He'd pretty much have to have past UCLA to have that level of cache here.
I don't think even Rupp could have made it a family business.

Setting a plumber or a lawyer up is 2 totally different things. They each have to actually be good at what they do and in the lawyers case actually pass the BAR lol. Brad acts like he’s worked super hard when in reality he’s been given everything he’s ever had. You can be an assistant coach forever and be a drunk or visit strip clubs all day as long as your BFF’s with the head coach.

CCC still hasn't got over his SEVERE allergic reaction to the moder offense Welch made him try that was so horrible it was called the nuclear 5 because the lineup and tactic made so many points so fast, especially with a 7-2 5 with court vision passing and a three-point stroke.
Witnessing it made his brain go into the most severe case of cognitive dissonance humankind has ever known resulting in him believing he was coaching those last TWO games of the year.
SO GLAD HE'S GONE!!!!!
Cal spends all his time trying to prove everyone else wrong and himself correct. Once Nate Oats declared that the best lineup, it was doomed. Just like the Benny lineup from the year before.

SO GLAD HE'S GONE!!!!!
Amen, those last 2 games were the Cal special. Dumb look, different lineups and sets than we used all year. It was exactly the implosion I figured would happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT