ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else hear that Cal is replacing Welch…

@ThreeHogNight

Razorback Hog Pig Riding GIF - Razorback Hog Pig Riding Wild Pig GIFs

Welch wasn't coming back here next year regardless. He was gone.
Was Welch just hanging around until he found a job? He sure as hell didn't seem to have much of an influence after the UNCW game. Was he always intending on leaving after a year? I mean, Cal's new culture of OAD coaches.

Welch bolted to Fresno St. I bet he was like, "I will never do that again"
I mean heck who wants to go coach for a team when the head coach doesn’t want to listen to your input anyway. He does what the hell he wants to anyway.. It seemed like Cal listened to him for a part of the year and then did what the hell he wanted to for 3/4 of the year!

Was Welch just hanging around until he found a job? He sure as hell didn't seem to have much of an influence after the UNCW game. Was he always intending on leaving after a year? I mean, Cal's new culture of OAD coaches.
He was not sticking around for another year of Cal. He was out the door regardless of whether Cal returned. Fresno St became his best option. A shame. Would have loved to see him here under Pope.

I believe Ulis has to complete his degree before he can be an assistant. He ran through his two years as a GA.
Ulis isn't a GA, just a student assistant. Could be a student assistant for as long as it takes to get his degree - no different than the equipment managers. Also I don't think there's a 2 year cap on a guy being a GA technically.

I do wonder when he's set to graduate. If he's still got courses it would make sense to finish at UK rather than transfer to Arkansas for the last 1 or 2 semesters

Kinda related but not...I always thought Calipari's assistants looked beaten down and miserable on the bench during games. At least that's the way Antiqua seemed.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Welch left Calipari for job with san diego st or somewheres.
Its be announced Brad is going with Cal with his entire staff minus TYLER ULISS.
Fresno St.
Brad will be director of player development or something like that. Not sure what Welch’s title was. But I highly doubt Brad will be in charge of the offense.

Be our luck he’s some kind of offensive savant.
Doubtful, he has had a super cushy life. He’s been given opportunities other coaches who actually worked would die for. His father isn’t a coaching savant, he was just a hard worker who understood the game and grinded to get to the top. After he reached the pinnacle he got lazy, but Brad has never had to work hard for a thing. He got a walk on spot here because of who he was.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT