ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone applied for a passport recently ? How long to receive ?

How recently?

I renewed mine couple years ago, didn't do the expedited processing or whatever it was, only took around 5 weeks iirc maybe less... all I really remember was being pleasantly surprised at how quick it was.

Reactions: kyeric
Mine expired in May, figured it would take forever to renew due to Covid, and where would I go once i had it.

So its sitting in my desk.

Now is a good time to obtain a passport since the Trump Administration expedited the process. If you're born in the United States and don't have a record it would probably take no more than 6-8 weeks.

My daughter is supposed to go to Oxford in January. Probably won't get to go, but we applied for her passport in early July. She received it mid-August.

They are allowing expedited passport applications/renewals now. As of yesterday. We didn’t know that until we showed up to have our applications processed. $60 fee each though. Typical processing time is 12 weeks. Expedited is 4-6 weeks.
If you have never had a passport, you will need birth certificate and driver’s license (or other valid photo IDs).

You can't even go to Canada right now or vice versa. I have Canadian friends here that are required to go home ever 6 months but are stuck here right now.

We applied for 3 passports on 9/26. We received them on 10/9. Mine was a renewal and the other two were new applications. We paid for the "rush" service. We were actually very surprised we got them so quickly. YMMV. ATKOT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT