ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody see this…

Jones alluded to stuff he's heard on show the other day. Said that (moreorless) due to status of season and the fact that the team would be asked about it in media he cannot spill beans on rumor until after season.

It is on Cal to address it. Bench their ass and play Canada. He can shoot the ball. Play Thiero....mind blown why he sits the bench anyway. More productive than 75% of team.

Don't need another team turmoil....that was the beginning of end for Tubby. Any kid that wants to bring something from off court to on court should kick rocks IMHO- if this is true of course.

This team was never going to be great because of some glaring weaknesses at key spots but they should be better. I have resolved to try never call out a player in a negative way so I will keep those opinions to my self. I never bought the Bahamas hype and saw them as a remote possibility for round of 16. Now I don’t think they make the tournament.

The National Player of the Year returned to Wheeler as the 38 min/game starting PG after that embarrassing effort against St. Peter's. I'm sure he isn't/wasn't pleased. Everyone w/ a pulse knows Wallace should have been handed the ball as the starter from day one. Growing pains early on would have been worked out by now, as Cal's stud PG find out, and Wallace would be rolling by now if he's as good as the basketball world believes he is.

So, I'd say Wheeler is the root cause and if it's Oscar/Wheeler as alluded to elsewhere, color me unsurprised.

lets go back to the final moments of the St. Peters game

Oscar has reason to be pissed

might explain why he has decided to start speaking out in the press.

Cal benches him during the Bama game while he (Oscar) knows what the problem with this team is. I'm not saying he's 100% right, clearly his play has suffered but that is in part because coaches have figured out how to play him, at the same time, he knows the weakness on this team and he sees Cal continued to lean into it while the program is in a death spiral

Jones alluded to stuff he's heard on show the other day. Said that (moreorless) due to status of season and the fact that the team would be asked about it in media he cannot spill beans on rumor until after season.

It is on Cal to address it. Bench their ass and play Canada. He can shoot the ball. Play Thiero....mind blown why he sits the bench anyway. More productive than 75% of team.

Don't need another team turmoil....that was the beginning of end for Tubby. Any kid that wants to bring something from off court to on court should kick rocks IMHO- if this is true of course.
Could be true. Who knows? What is true is that this team is poorly coached and managed.

If this indeed is happening, then it further shows Cal is lost and done here if he is allowing this to happen.

There are a number of things he could and should do if this true.

Someone on that team or one of the assistants should grab that whiny-ass group and jerk a knot in their collective heads. To tank it on the court because someone has their whittle bitty feelings hurt about something stupid is bullshit. Entitled little bitches need to be set straight.

99% chance it's female related..
Lol this is a reach . It has a chance to be more on the court related than female related . Not saying it’s impossible but 99% is too high .

Not to mention the team just sucks right now . When a team is expected to contend but are now in jeopardy of missing the tournaments leaders will clash .

This dude is the worst. He acts like he knows things but always seems to conveniently post them as soon as it's mentioned somewhere else (by Kyle Tucker, Matt Jones, KSR, etc..).

He never provides any details. He also claimed multiple times (in now deleted tweets) that Oscar was leaving, he had sources that Oscar signed with agents, etc... Blocked me when I called him out on it.

Lol this is a reach . It has a chance to be more on the court related than female related . Not saying it’s impossible but 99% is too high .

Not to mention the team just sucks right now . When a team is expected to contend but are now in jeopardy of missing the tournaments leaders will clash .

I stand by my prediction lol..

If guys are beefing it's almost ALWAYS tied to a girl. We can say it's on court issues, but it will all weave it's way back to some house party and a coed.

Don't @ me when I'm right..

Reactions: Fox2monk
I stand by my prediction lol..

If guys are beefing it's almost ALWAYS tied to a girl. We can say it's on court issues, but it will all weave it's way back to some house party and a coed.

Don't @ me when I'm right..
Lol players beef all the time in sports and it’s not always female related .

It's not Wheeler and Oscar. They hang out together quite often.

IMO, I think the issues are with Wallace, Livingston, Reeves and the rest of the team. I think those 3 came in expecting to be the alphas and have issues with Oscar, Wheeler and Toppin being the leaders and getting most of the media attention and NIL deals. Wallace even stated his goal was to get out of here as fast as possible, and he thought Livingston shared the same goal.

Last edited:
Reactions: SemperFiCat
Oscar and Wheeler definitely don't like each other. What is fascinating is most of the fan base seems to think it is on Wheeler, just because Oscar is the better player and seems like a nice guy. But the other rumor is that most of the team doesn't like Oscar either. His media comments couldn't have helped with that.

Can't help the rest of the team when those are your 2 senior leaders. Toppin seems like the most normal and a nice kid, but he's almost too nice to the point of being soft and Cal has him so mentally screwed up that he can't step in and lead either. It is a mess all around.

Someone on that team or one of the assistants should grab that whiny-ass group and jerk a knot in their collective heads. To tank it on the court because someone has their whittle bitty feelings hurt about something stupid is bullshit. Entitled little bitches need to be set straight.
I just don't think that's the problem. Definitely could be wrong

Oscar and Wheeler definitely don't like each other. What is fascinating is most of the fan base seems to think it is on Wheeler, just because Oscar is the better player and seems like a nice guy. But the other rumor is that most of the team doesn't like Oscar either. His media comments couldn't have helped with that.

Can't help the rest of the team when those are your 2 senior leaders. Toppin seems like the most normal and a nice kid, but he's almost too nice to the point of being soft and Cal has him so mentally screwed up that he can't step in and lead either. It is a mess all around.

IMO, I think the issues are with Wallace, Livingston, Reeves and the rest of the team. I think those 3 came in expecting to be the alphas and have issues with Oscar, Wheeler and Toppin being the leaders and getting most of the media attention and NIL deals. Wallace even stated his goal was to get out of here as fast as possible, and he thought Livingston shared the same goal.
One of you guys is wrong, lol .

2002 was Team Turmoil for Tubby, the next year he had the best team in the country when Bogans got hurt.

This team was never going to be great because of some glaring weaknesses at key spots but they should be better. I have resolved to try never call out a player in a negative way so I will keep those opinions to my self. I never bought the Bahamas hype and saw them as a remote possibility for round of 16. Now I don’t think they make the tournament.
You are most deserving of an "Atta Boy"!
Just picking at you .😉

I would think it has something to do with Wallace. He seems to be completely disconnected when interacting with teammates and I think he was ruled out due to back spasms? Could easily see that not being the truth.

Reactions: RunninRichie
One of you guys is wrong, lol .

I think we are both right and wrong in our own way haha. I don't know anything, I'm not going to pretend to know anything, I'm just repeating rumors I've read elsewhere. I do think it passes the eye test that Wheeler and Oscar are fighting but I also think its true that there are other chemistry problems throughout the team beyond that

Reactions: yoshukai

Team Turmoil would kick this teams butt.

I do think Oscar get a pass too often.His effort on defense this season has been as horrid as the rest of the team.

2002 was Team Turmoil for Tubby, the next year he had the best team in the country when Bogans got hurt.

I am aware, I was at UK then.

Then came Rondo/Sparks.

Then came stuff most people don't have a clue about. Very few tbh.

I just said it was the "beginning of the end."

Honestly, I am far more concerned about our garbage defense and up/down offense than two dudes *maybe* having a beef.

The National Player of the Year returned to Wheeler as the 38 min/game starting PG after that embarrassing effort against St. Peter's. I'm sure he isn't/wasn't pleased. Everyone w/ a pulse knows Wallace should have been handed the ball as the starter from day one. Growing pains early on would have been worked out by now, as Cal's stud PG find out, and Wallace would be rolling by now if he's as good as the basketball world believes he is.

So, I'd say Wheeler is the root cause and if it's Oscar/Wheeler as alluded to elsewhere, color me unsurprised.
Actually that would make Cal the root cause, for not benching Wheeler.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz

I have no idea what the real story is, but, I could see Reeves being a possible locker room issue. He left a situation where he was the alpha, getting all the shots & minutes he wanted. He could’ve transferred to any number of schools where he would’ve gotten 30+ mpg. And, I imagine he was told he’d have a major role, here, when Cal was recruiting him.

But, he’s averaging 23 mpg, thru the first half of the season. He’s only played 30+ minutes in a game one time & in the 3 game stretch with Missouri (15 min), UL (17 min) & LSU (13 min), he barely saw the floor. He’s taken some rushed & bad shots, to be sure. And, he’ll never be confused with Bruce Bowen, defensively.

But, he’s still averaging 12 ppg & shooting 40% from 3. And, I think a lot of his poor shot selection & decision making might be due to frustration, or, urgency, thinking he has to maximize every second he’s on the floor, in hopes of getting some extended time, that he was expecting when he signed.

Reactions: Raducanu
The FACT is nobody on here has any real idea what is going on, so you are SPECULATING on players and trashing them based on innuendo and your own personal bias

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT