ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody else see the exchange between Shep and Handlotion?

Mike-McD

Junior
Aug 3, 2022
After Shep blocked his layup. Mopskull was chirping that it was a foul, and Shep kept coming back with "No it isn't." LOL and Frazzlehead tried to shoulder Shep as he walked back onto the floor, and Shep didn't budge an inch.

What a punka** *****.

After Shep blocked his layup. Mopskull was chirping that it was a foul, and Shep kept coming back with "No it isn't." LOL and Frazzlehead tried to shoulder Shep as he walked back onto the floor, and Shep didn't budge an inch.

What a punka** *****.
Yea, Frazzlehead was pushing off before his shots last night, it was never called.

Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
Reed is not perfect. For every "how did he DO that" there is a "Why did he do THAT?". That said, I love him as a player. All of you wanted "KY boys" who play their hearts out, well he is that and actually talented to boot. I can't see coming down too hard on the kid.

I understand what you said and I don't disagree with the substance of your post. I disagree with your choice of disrespect a child playing a game for your amusement. Now get back to work the fries are burning.
He’s a DI basketball player. You’re probably a social worker who believes in rainbows, unicorns and participation trophies. That or a teacher

You keep making excuses and enjoy another 1st weekend out in March

Reactions: CROCAT and NociHTTP
I understand what you said and I don't disagree with the substance of your post. I disagree with your choice of disrespect a child playing a game for your amusement. Now get back to work the fries are burning.

You have a lot people to yell at while petting the unicorns

You got all upset there when someone insulted you. Oh the irony.
Not at all. You can’t seem to focus but choose to deflect what you can’t answer. It’s what you teachers do. You spend all day manipulating behavior you want to control everything else

It ok……I’ll train you on the difference between curly and crinkled. I’ll also explain basketball on a remedial level for you so you will understand it

Just remember, Cal’s coaching the defense, team and individuals.
That is true, but I find it extremely hard to believe this coaching staff doesn't know Reed ball watches and haven't told him how to correct it. It's fundamental stuff and even if you think Cal can't tie his shoes there are other coaches on the team who can. At some point it's gotta be on the player to execute on the floor and fix basic fundamental mistakes.

Reactions: NociHTTP
That is true, but I find it extremely hard to believe this coaching staff doesn't know Reed ball watches and haven't told him how to correct it. It's fundamental stuff and even if you think Cal can't tie his shoes there are other coaches on the team who can. At some point it's gotta be on the player to execute on the floor and fix basic fundamental mistakes.
It’s on the coaches to jerk their asses out of the game if they’re not doing it right. Reed played every minute.

It’s on the coaches to jerk their asses out of the game if they’re not doing it right. Reed played every minute.
Reed played every minute out of necessity. Maybe he could have been subbed out shortly before media timeouts to get some extra rest, but with DJ and Edwards out we didn't have too many options to give the guards a rest.

But if Cal pulled Reed every time he lost track of his man he'd get very little playing time and this board was be complaining constantly.

Reed played every minute out of necessity. Maybe he could have been subbed out shortly before media timeouts to get some extra rest, but with DJ and Edwards out we didn't have too many options to give the guards a rest.

But if Cal pulled Reed every time he lost track of his man he'd get very little playing time and this board was be complaining constantly.
If he pulled everyone who lost their man it would be a revolving door at the scorers table.

Maybe coach should strategically utilize his TO’s? Yet, he seems to leave every game with multiple TO’s left

Watch this genius while you’re eating Fruit Loops and beer. Have an understanding of the game before speaking

I don't know of anyone that puts their players in worse defensive position when it comes to ball screen defense. Either the guard is left to fend for themselves or a big is expected to switch and lockdown a guard.

We actually got a little better on the immediate ball screen, which is why we looked good first half. Then they counters by running secondary action off it. We never countered and had a guy chasing through endless secondary screens for 45 minutes. Not a recipe for success

If he pulled everyone who lost their man it would be a revolving door at the scorers table.
Right, so what exactly do people want? People say if players aren't putting in defensive effort they need to be subbed out. If that happened people would complain Cal is constantly tinkering with the lineup and won't let guys get into a rhythm. There are a lot of things people want the coaches to do that aren't compatible.

Right, so what exactly do people want? People say if players aren't putting in defensive effort they need to be subbed out. If that happened people would complain Cal is constantly tinkering with the lineup and won't let guys get into a rhythm. There are a lot of things people want the coaches to do that aren't compatible.
I personally would like for the coaches to coach like they want to win every game not move players to the next level.

Reactions: bigbluemist
last night Cal would have pulled Reed in a heartbeat if Wagner was playing.

so what Cal did or didn't do last night was due to a lack of options. What Cal could have done is have the team prepared to play a different style of defense for that situation, something that should have started back in late October.

I did see the exchange in the game and Reed wasn't going to give an inch. But UK lost at home to an unranked team.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigbluemist
Reed is a fantastic freshmen who makes a lot of freshmen mistakes. Good news is everything is fixable.
I mean if was out there running full speed for 40 minutes with no breaks I wouldn't be able to say my name much less remember to guard someone after the play breaks down in the final 3 seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT