ADVERTISEMENT

Any update on Canada games for broadcast?

number 1 is strange until you read the comments as to why

according to some on here UK BB is dead.......................some are just not very bright
Need to post the tv ratings for the end of the regular season and not the 5th of Feb.

topcollegehoopsupdated.png

All I know so far this is extremely disappointing. We all don't live in Kentucky either. I would imagine our team would want us to watch them.
Who says they don't? The networks do not regard basketball as a July sport. They would pick up the broadcast if they thought they could sell advertising time. Unless you can show us that UK is directly involved in making programming decisions for ESPN, or for the SEC network which is owned by ESPN, don't act like this is the team's or the university's fault.

Stole this from the Facebook group. Looks like Thursday game is Sportsnet only.

Kentucky Canada Trip Schedule:

Wednesday vs Germany 1:30pm et on CBS Sports Network & Sportsnet

Thursday vs Canada live 8pm et only on Sportsnet

Saturday vs Africa 1:30pm et on CBS Sports Network & Sportsnet

Sunday Gold Medal 8pm et on CBS Sports Network & Sportsnet

Reactions: CGblue
I have dish tv but i can't find CBS Sports NETWORK even in my program guide. what am i doing wrong?
I think it's 158, but you prolly have to have to package that's above basic, if you get NBA tV and Fox Sports 1 and 2, you get CBS sports Network.

I think it's 158, but you prolly have to have to package that's above basic, if you get NBA tV and Fox Sports 1 and 2, you get CBS sports Network.
i can get fox sports 1, 2 but haven't seen NBA channel yet. I found the NBA channel its 216 on mine. I am watching the summer league now.

Does anyone have YouTube TV. Or roku, and if so is it on either?

I think you can access the CBS Sports network app if you have Paramount+ for like $5.99. Better than buying random Canadian sports network access for $35 IMO.

So how are we going to watch these games?

We just don't know where they will be played on TV I guess. Nobody knows what a sportsnet is and CBS sports on directv is on 221 and they won't play half the games.

This is unacceptable.

I think you can access the CBS Sports network app if you have Paramount+ for like $5.99. Better than buying random Canadian sports network access for $35 IMOAre you saying if you have the paramount _
are you saying if you have paramount + you can watch or if you have it you have to pay an additional 6? I have it and I can pull up cbs sports live tv so I think I am good minus that one game. also you can get CSN for 15 instead of 35.

We just don't know where they will be played on TV I guess. Nobody knows what a sportsnet is and CBS sports on directv is on 221 and they won't play half the games.

This is unacceptable.
They will have it on channel 968 with Sprectrum cable

When I checked paramount + i could only see live tv for the next 24 hours so its too soon to know for sure.

I think you have to login to the CBS Sports app first and then connect it to your Paramount+ account. Haven’t been able to verify it yet so sorry if not the case.

This indicates the 2nd game is on CBSSN but on tape delay.

Last edited:
All 4 games now listed on youtube tv (cbs sports network channel).
I subscribe to YouTube Premium and just checked the channel. I can find several references to UK basketball and Globl Jam, but they all deal with past events. No upcoming list. Could you please be a little more specific about how you found, "all 4 games now listed." I'm not accustomed to using YouTube for live (or upcoming) sports. Also, is it required that you subscribe to the CBS Sports Network Channel through YouTube TV or is it already there? Obviously, I'm missing something. Thanks!

Follow-up. I just now figured out that I have the YouTube Premium app, NOT YouTube TV. I actually use Direct TV Stream for my streaming service, but my package does not offer CBS Sports. I have Paramount+ but haven't had any luck finding the games there.

Last edited:
I have the CBS Sports App and logged in with my Xfinity credentials so I have access to the CBS Sports Network channel and a couple other CBS Sports channels via this app on my phone. I’m also able to view it on my Xfinity Stream App.

(I also have Paramount+ but don’t see CBS Sports Network in the Live Channels, only CBS Sports HQ.)

Last edited:
Reactions: KFuqua
I paid 12 bucks to add the channel to spectrum. Will turn off that package next week. 12 bucks to watch 3 to 4 games is not a bad price.
Same here just added it yesterday. I bundle all my internet and cable but need to see if cutting the cord will save me any money.

Same here just added it yesterday. I bundle all my internet and cable but need to see if cutting the cord will save me any money.
Spec rep told me to pick the select 15 channels I like, plus the local stations for 34 bucks. Then add the package for 12 bucks and I went from 84 a month for cable down to 46. Not bad as I really only watch about 10 to 12 channels and my wife streams almost everything.

Reactions: travisbickle
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT