ADVERTISEMENT

Any non gun owners thinking about buying one?

The discussion turned kind of stupid.

Glenn, get a gun, or five. If you're thinking about it, just go ahead now, you can figure it all out after. It's a great time to buy just for price reasons.

I think Tom Givens says that most defensive gun "uses" don't even require a shot. Kind of makes sense. You can't quantify or study that.

I personally have several items but my choices may not be representative to the larger group. In all, the last I looked, over 70 percent wanted gun laws that represent todays environment. I have guns but I am for changes to what we now have.

I think the political argument is not about gun rights but about gun responsibility. While you seem to be very responsible in your personal life in regard to guns, many, many are not. I think most citizens are simply wanting sensible gun laws.

If you accidentally shoot someone..oopsie....is there not a law for that?

Here's one example of a completely nonsensical "gun law responsibility" thing that some cities are implementing. Say your gun is stolen from your vehicle, your house, etc. Welp, guess who's getting in trouble? Yep, you the victim of theft! Because you allowed a gun to be stolen, now your 2nd amendment right is gone and you're charged with this crime. Sensible! Now cops don't have to do cop work, and the system can extract all sorts of money and fees from you. Brilliant.

I personally have several items but my choices may not be representative to the larger group. In all, the last I looked, over 70 percent wanted gun laws that represent todays environment. I have guns but I am for changes to what we now have.

What is "today's environment"?

Such as?

If you accidentally shoot someone..oopsie....is there not a law for that?

Here's one example of a completely nonsensical "gun law responsibility" thing that some cities are implementing. Say your gun is stolen from your vehicle, your house, etc. Welp, guess who's getting in trouble? Yep, you the victim of theft! Because you allowed a gun to be stolen, now your 2nd amendment right is gone and you're charged with this crime. Sensible! Now cops don't have to do cop work, and the system can extract all sorts of money and fees from you. Brilliant.

What is "today's environment"?
Your example is worst case. If your gun is stolen, report immediately to the police just like you would if it was your car that was taken. It seems to me you are just wanting to go back and forth about this issue. I am not interested in doing that.

Todays environment is available for all to see. You just have to open your eyes.

This is exactly why I'm still in the decision process. There is a lot to consider no matter how careful and cautious you think you are having a deadly weapon in a family home can be more dangerous than it is helpful in some scenarios. Right now we have security cameras and a quality security system and live in a nice part of Lexington. The wife and I do enjoy shooting guns at ranges, we just haven't felt the need to rush into this just yet.
I'm interested in what there is to consider?

I believe @sk73 is advocating that all minorities be banned from gun ownership..
I have no ill will toward any people and as a matter of fact I think a great way to bring about new, reasonable gun laws, is to issue a gun to every minority member citizen of this country. I say this because history tells us it works.
When I was just a little kid I was already paying attention to world events. California was a state that allowed open carry for all gun owners. That worked okay until one day a black group of men stood outside the state capitol. Harmless, legally carrying, but it changed everything. Within days the open carry laws were changed. The Governor signed the new law as fast as he could.
The group? Black Panthers. The governor? Ronald Reagan.
Black Panthers were demonized when in reality they were a peaceful group.

Sorry for the epistle.

Reactions: Rebelfreedomeagle
I appreciate your interest, I mentioned in a follow up post it was personal and I wasn't going to get into it.
Ok, sorry, didn't read the follow up. Advice, don't consider it, just go get ya one. Can't beat the ole reliable Glock 19 at Bud's Gun Shop.

Reactions: awf
How is that for a woman to handle?
It's not a pistol for a woman to carry, like in a purse, but it would be fine for her in the house for defense or in a car. It's a 9mm, a really good cartridge for several reasons. You can find plenty of ammo for it, its a good person stopper, and its not too big or too little. Also the Glock is extremely reliable.

It's not a pistol for a woman to carry, like in a purse, but it would be fine for her in the house for defense or in a car. It's a 9mm, a really good cartridge for several reasons. You can find plenty of ammo for it, its a good person stopper, and its not too big or too little. Also the Glock is extremely reliable.
Thanks for the advice!

I think a great way to bring about new, reasonable gun laws, is to issue a gun to every minority member citizen of this country. I say this because history tells us it works...When I was just a little kid I was already paying attention to world events. California was a state that allowed open carry for all gun owners. That worked okay until one day a black group of men stood outside the state capitol. Harmless, legally carrying, but it changed everything. Within days the open carry laws were changed. The Governor signed the new law as fast as he could.
The group? Black Panthers. The governor? Ronald Reagan.
Black Panthers were demonized when in reality they were a peaceful group.
One of your commonsense gun reforms is to nationalize open carry? Cool.

Reactions: thabigbluenation
One of your commonsense gun reforms is to nationalize open carry? Cool.
I gave you an historical fact. I am not advocating for more guns but simply giving a response to another poster that accused me of being against minorities. I think there should be far , far fewer guns.

Believe and think what you want but I am really just interested in talking basketball.

I have 6 months of toilet paper and 1000 rounds of ammo to protect it.

Debating if I should just hold on to the TP a month and resell it for $20 a roll.

Reactions: sk73
I gave you an historical fact. I am not advocating for more guns but simply giving a response to another poster that accused me of being against minorities. I think there should be far , far fewer guns.

Believe and think what you want but I am really just interested in talking basketball.

it's called the paddock. learn how to paddock. I just effed with ya and sat back to see how ya responded.

fewer guns are never the answer. more guns, more boobies, more beer. always better.

Own guns.
Teaching wife to use a gun.
Getting a couple more guns.
We are taking the better safe than sorry approach.
89903006_207606443986258_8544128022758817792_n.jpg

I’m going to buy a gun to protect myself from Morgous. He sounds mean and trigger happy. Probably eats bark.

Why? So you can get the data to help reflect the way you want to feel about it? Nevermind. That's definitely it.

I don't "feel" anyway about it, that's why I said more data would be useful. Believe it or not to some of us facts actually matter.

I'm 35 and never been in a situation where I felt unsafe because I didn't have a gun on me.
I own a lot of guns. I don't carry anymore.

Gave a girl a ride home to some apartments from a gas station one morning out of kindness. Was almost attacked by her methed-out boyfriend when I dropped her off. He was shirtless with a bar or bat in his hand and screaming at her as he charged my truck, "Who the f is he?" I told her to tell him, "I'm the one with the gun. Please don't make me shoot him."

It was that day that I realized a meth head piece of human shit could have cost me my freedom and money and time away from my family over him simply being a piece of human shit. What was the difference in being dead? If you take those things from me, I'm nearly dead already.

But, if you come snooping around my property w/o my consent, all ****ing bets are off, jack. I will sacrifice myself 10 times over to protect them.

I think the political argument is not about gun rights but about gun responsibility. While you seem to be very responsible in your personal life in regard to guns, many, many are not. I think most citizens are simply wanting sensible gun laws.

There’s no such thing. The government has already been clear about their goal. Confiscation. Gun control lobby’s are not moderate independents. They want the guns by any means necessary. Politicians in Washington have said, openly, they would like to confiscate if they could. i have a list.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It’s very simple. Guns don’t kill people. Guns are used to protect exponentially more than than otherwise . The government doesn’t want an armed public for obvious reasons. Historically people should understand this, since I have a degree in the field, I know too well. Most dictators started there.

There’s no reason for more gun laws.

Have you ever heard a politician say “ban machine guns”? Even though you need a hella classification to even be considered for one?

Do you realize if I was a wealthy man I could buy a tank today? Guns laws do one thing, arm criminals, and allow only the wealthy to possess them.

The initial gun control methods were implemented to keep guns out of black Americans hands, btw.

It’s all nonsense. I understand “sensible gun laws” sound catchy and common sense, but it’s not. And people shouldn’t speak on it at all until they fully understand what they’re talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
There’s no such thing. The government has already been clear about their goal. Confiscation. Gun control lobby’s are not moderate independents. They want the guns by any means necessary. Politicians in Washington have said, openly, they would like to confiscate if they could. i have a list.

If Trump is a threat to democracy, why would we consider limiting our weapons? If police are gunning down unarmed black men, why would the people preaching it want any sort of ban?

It’s very simple. Guns don’t kill people. Guns are used to protect exponentially more than than otherwise . The government doesn’t want an armed public for obvious reasons. Historically people should understand this, since I have a degree in the field, I know too well. Most dictators started there.

There’s no reason for more gun laws.

Have you ever heard a politician say “ban machine guns”? Even though you need a hella classification to even be considered for one?

Do you realize if I was a wealthy man I could buy a tank today? Guns laws do one thing, arm criminals, and allow only the wealthy to possess them.

The initial gun control methods were implemented to keep guns out of black Americans hands, btw.

It’s all nonsense. I understand “sensible gun laws” sound catchy and common sense, but it’s not. And people shouldn’t speak on it at all until they fully understand what they’re talking about.
Well, I don't really want to talk political issues on this board. I can see you are passionate about this issue but even you have to recognize that guns are too readily available to people that shouldn't have them.

Unless and until my government makes using a gun in the commission of a crime, a crime, or shooting someone who poses no immediate threat, a crime, then I am not for any gun laws.

Let's start with big rules first and that will give us some idea of how smaller rules might work.

Well, I don't really want to talk political issues on this board. I can see you are passionate about this issue but even you have to recognize that guns are too readily available to people that shouldn't have them.

No, I don’t recognize that.

Dude look seriously, I can make whatever weapon you want in a garage. We are a nation of 350 million with fairly open borders. We have arms traders all over Mexico. Criminals will not be without guns.

But I bet you don’t like stop and frisk? Honestly I don’t either. I’m always on the side of the people, not the government.

There’s no way to regulate guns in a nation this size, when they’re so easily made, and with Mexico to the south.

You guys are only keeping decent and responsible people from firearms. You’re doing nothing to stop gun violence. And if they find a way to make our second amendment worthless, it won’t be long before the first is as well.

I like you bro, the back and forth is fun. But some of you need to study, wake up, and stop helping the wrong side.

No, I don’t recognize that.

Dude look seriously, I can make whatever weapon you want in a garage. We are a nation of 350 million with fairly open borders. We have arms traders all over Mexico. Criminals will not be without guns.

But I bet you don’t like stop and frisk? Honestly I don’t either. I’m always on the side of the people, not the government.

There’s no way to regulate guns in a nation this size, when they’re so easily made, and with Mexico to the south.

You guys are only keeping decent and responsible people from firearms. You’re doing nothing to stop gun violence. And if they find a way to make our second amendment worthless, it won’t be long before the first is as well.

I like you bro, the back and forth is fun. But some of you need to study, wake up, and stop helping the wrong side.
I am fully awake, I just dont agree. I am totally on the right side.

The CDC estimates 500K-3 million lives are saved from violent crime by gun. Without suicides, barely 10K are taken and it’s mainly by illegal weapon.

You should arm yourself with whatever weapon makes you feel comfortable. Regardless of what gun control morons being the governments jockey say.
SMH

Gun crimes should be punishable to the extreme....law abiding gun owners should be left alone....you know....cuz of the 2nd amendment and all. Enforce the laws that are already on the books and STFU

Reactions: awf and UKrazycat2
I don't own any guns (feel uncomfortable around them, bit of a phobia), but I'm a staunch proponent of the 2nd Amendment. That said, I really don't understand people that carry everywhere.

I also think we could mitigate the mass shootings, if instead of enacting further gun laws, we improved access to quality mental health resources. Treat the disease and not the symptoms sort of mentality.

We're never going to be able to legislate a completely safe society, so lets 86 the TSA while we're at it, and let me keep my shoes on and get on the damn plane already.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benny Franks

Reactions: UKrazycat2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT