ADVERTISEMENT

Any News on Baker's Return?

Feb 2, 2011
The way the season is going id love to have a guy with his shooting ability this season even if its only for the tourney. Probably Wishful thinking he is healthy in time

He isn't going to play this year due to injury. He may have multiple players in front of him at his position next season.

That's a prime transfer candidate. I hope he is here and is 100% recovered.

Who on this team can shoot better than him? He was considered the top pure shooter in the class. He signed here knowing that his ability to make shots would guarantee him playing time.

He's 6'4" so he's big enough to get his shot up from anywhere against even big Guards. I can't wait to see him play next year.

He isn't going to play this year due to injury. He may have multiple players in front of him at his position next season.

Who is in front of him?

SGA and Diallo who both might leave to go pro?

Herro and Johnson?

Are any of these guys going to play the 3?

So much speculation this year....

So he’s going to miss 2 years of playing? I’m not sure what time you started drinking today, but you need to get yourself some help.
JEMARL_BAKER_MBall_2017_11.0.0.jpeg

Last edited:
Who is in front of him?

SGA and Diallo who both might leave to go pro?

Herro and Johnson?

Are any of these guys going to play the 3?

So much speculation this year....
Herro might be in front of him, and we are still recruiting Jalen Lecque.

I didn't speculate that he won't be here. I said I'm not sure. Why be so sure that he will be here?

So he’s going to miss 2 years of playing. I’m not sure what time you started drinking today, but you need to get yourself some help.
JEMARL_BAKER_MBall_2017_11.0.0.jpeg
All kinds of players don't play much before transferring and having to sit out a year. Playing time is probably the most common reason for transfers.

I'm not sure what everyone is so butthurt about. I just said I'm not sure he will be here. And neither are you.

All kinds of players don't play much before transferring and having to sit out a year. Playing time is probably the most common reason for transfers.

I'm not sure what everyone is so butthurt about. I just said I'm not sure he will be here. And neither are you.
Again, that would be two years without playing basketball at all. For a player of his caliber, (Yes 4 star players are still considered very good players) that would be a crazy bad decision.

You all ahven't been paying attention the last 9 years if you think Cal would play Baker very much this year. At best he would be the 10th man in the rotation and many are saying we need to cut back to 6 or 7 guys now. He especially wouldn't play over 5 star Diallo. Cal is trying desperately to let that kid play so he can get drafted but if he has his best interests at heart he would tell Diallo to fake an injury and be out the rest of the year because he has been exposed and already hurt his draft stock.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stonewall12
Hard to imagine any knee injury other than an ACL or PCL which would require such a long period of inactivity

If he can shoot in the 43-45% range on 3-pointers - something his reputation would indicate he could do - he’s going to play a lot of minutes at the University of Kentucky over the next four years.

Hard to imagine any knee injury other than an ACL or PCL which would require such a long period of inactivity
It was a second scope on the same knee in a short period. Athletes make a full recovery and can often play again pretty quickly after the first one, but I've seen players in other sports take a while to get back to 100%.

Just out of curiosity since he hasn’t suited up for UK this year. Could he transfer elsewhere without sitting out a year?

So he’s going to miss 2 years of playing? I’m not sure what time you started drinking today, but you need to get yourself some help.

Well, again, if he transfers he will miss next season also. Why in the hell would he want to do that?

He wouldn't have to sit out next year. He hasn't played this year. Would be eligible immediately to play next season.

Just out of curiosity since he hasn’t suited up for UK this year. Could he transfer elsewhere without sitting out a year?

Yes, he could go anywhere and play right away.

You all ahven't been paying attention the last 9 years if you think Cal would play Baker very much this year. At best he would be the 10th man in the rotation and many are saying we need to cut back to 6 or 7 guys now. He especially wouldn't play over 5 star Diallo. Cal is trying desperately to let that kid play so he can get drafted but if he has his best interests at heart he would tell Diallo to fake any injury and be out the rest of the year because he has been exposed and already hurt his draft stock.

You have no clue how much Baker would play considering nobody has ever seen him on a college court yet. Nobody knows what he could bring to the table. And the Diallo comments are ridiculous too .Does he want to get him drafted? Well, I'm sure he does but it's not like we've got a stable of SGs on the bench just waiting to get in the game. People always like to say this about Cal to fit their narrative or agenda, that Cal is going to play the highly rated guy no matter what. I'd like to hear what other options you think we have on this team. His minutes have been dropping with Quade back. Plus, you fail to look at the big picture. In order for us to be really good, we need a better version of Diallo and we need him to play well if we are going to have any chance of making a run in the tourney .You don't just give up on a kid and send him to the end of the bench. Gotta see the big picture .

Reactions: G-PIP and brianpoe
You have no clue how much Baker would play considering nobody has ever seen him on a college court yet. Nobody knows what he could bring to the table. And the Diallo comments are ridiculous too .Does he want to get him drafted? Well, I'm sure he does but it's not like we've got a stable of SGs on the bench just waiting to get in the game. People always like to say this about Cal to fit their narrative or agenda, that Cal is going to play the highly rated guy no matter what. I'd like to hear what other options you think we have on this team. His minutes have been dropping with Quade back. Plus, you fail to look at the big picture. In order for us to be really good, we need a better version of Diallo and we need him to play well if we are going to have any chance of making a run in the tourney .You don't just give up on a kid and send him to the end of the bench. Gotta see the big picture .
Similar situation last year when Cal played Wenyen over Willis when it was easy to see that Willis was far better. Wenyen was the 5 Star and Willis was the 3 star. It was halfway through the season before Cal realized Wenyen wasn’t going to give us much and was forced to play Willis. It would be the same this year with Baker and Diallo.

Reactions: Stonewall12
Similar situation last year when Cal played Wenyen over Willis when it was easy to see that Willis was far better. Wenyen was the 5 Star and Willis was the 3 star. It was halfway through the season before Cal realized Wenyen wasn’t going to give us much and was forced to play Willis. It would be the same this year with Baker and Diallo.
Agree agree with this. Sad but true

Reactions: seccats04

He did that 2 years in a row. Willis was clearly better than Skal and Gabriel.

ADVERTISEMENT