Sophomore
Jan 14, 2013
Disasterous loss last Saturday.
Media dissing coaches.
Players calling out coaches.
Hampered QB.
Pre- season hopes shattered.
No. 1 team coming to town.

Will these young athletes find it in themselves to dig down and find enough fight to make it competitive, or have they already surrendered?

This Saturday will tell us as much about the character of this team as it will about their talent.

Gonna look like the Vandy crowd when Joker was fired. I got 2 free n couldn’t give them away. No way I’m sitting in that cold to support a team that has given up.
I'm going , but if it's 3-4 td spread at half I'll be in my car heading home which in my 35+ years as a season ticket holder I've never done.

Wife has already backed out of going but I got too much money invested in Season Tickets and Blue Parking Pass to just eat the tickets. Ga. has always been my 2nd favorite college football team so I am going by myself to watch the game. Now I fully expect when it halftime which be about 5 o'clock and it getting dark and colder and UK down 24-28 points I be heading to the house.

Media dissing coaches.
Hampered QB.

Will these young athletes find it in themselves to dig down and find enough fight to make it competitive, or have they already surrendered?

This Saturday will tell us as much about the character of this team as it will about their talent.
Unless our head coach had an epiphany this week, you are going to see the following events:

Win toss? Defer to second half, Georgia received kickoff. 4 plays later touchdown. Kentucky first possession: Rodriguez up the middle, no gain. Rinse repeat, punt. A whole lot of the same. End of second quarter we will take a knee and eat our 3 timeouts not even trying to score at this point. Georgia 49-0. And yes I’m an optimist

Kirby can name the score.
SCORE: He could RUTS, but that isn't Kirby's style.

ATTENDANCE: I think the fans will show fairly well because the #1 team is coming to town (similar to when UK BB goes to underperforming SEC schools in full or nearly full arenas).

"...WE'LL FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT, FOR THE BLUE AND WHITE...." I hope CMS' tough-guy culture shows through and we show some fight.

OL IS THE KEY TO KEEPING THE GAME RESPECTABLE: I also hope we're not undercut immediately by poor OL play. A bunch of 3 & outs in a row and the boo-birds will come out before the fans head to the exits early.

I'll be watching from SC and channeling some of that 2007 UK over #1 LSU mojo.

GBB!

Reactions: BlueTick2
If nothing else I’d like to see the O line rise up and actually protect Levis so he’s intact for UL.

Media dissing coaches.
Hampered QB.

That is the question isnt it. I hope there is and I hope the fans suppor these guys and give them a boost too. I wouldnt have much energy if I knew the fans had given up on me. As frustrating as it is as a fan, I have to remind myself all the the time that the guys are losing just to ruin my day, so its about the character of the fan base too. They are still working hard and busting their rears and this year is a big let down to them too with all the excitemet built up going into it. You really want to see them change that and have something to feel good about. Hope Saturday they play hard, get support from the coaches and get some breaks for a change and who knows.

I agree, fans including me, are whipped and have given up.
Yeah, except for UF and Miss St games it's been one embarrassment and humiliation after another. I'm stepping away for a while, just too much negativity around here that I don't need in my life. Blessings to all, Go Big Blue!

Reactions: ukalum1988
While I identify with your sentiment 1,000% Schwump there aint no given up. No matter what the natural reflex response is (and right now that is pretty negative) we actually control where we let that take hold or whether we decide to turn that around. I think as fans we gotta fight through that to support the guys.

. . . check back with me about 3:35 Saturday after the first three and out sack fumble and I'll tell you whether or not I'm still holding to this line of thinking :)

It’s been a long time since I haven’t watched a game on TV, honestly I’m probably not gonna watch.

This team is painful to watch on offense

Last 2 years (even the 2020 season) our defense matched up well with Georgia.

I can remember MANY times a team with quality athletes who laid an egg one week comes out the next and is a completely different team -- not sure why that happens, but I know it ONLY happens when the potential was there all along and the LEADERSHIP on the team does things behind the scenes that matters -- I'm hoping for that on defense.

OFFENSIVELY -- my only hope is that sometimes you have to hit rock bottom to realize that drastic changes must be put into place.

I'm hoping Scangarello convinces Stoops he has to abandon the "complementary offense" he wants him to employ when the other team is GOING to score points.

2nd, I'm hoping he realizes that he can't keep expecting this OL to protect the way they should on-paper...that means more RB screens early...more "quick game" (1-2-or 3-step passes to one of two receivers running routes specifically designed to put ONE defender in a bind)...throw on run downs/run on pass downs...more TE involvement off play-action -- think play-action as chain-movers, not shot plays.

Last 2 years (even the 2020 season) our defense matched up well with Georgia.

I can remember MANY times a team with quality athletes who laid an egg one week comes out the next and is a completely different team -- not sure why that happens, but I know it ONLY happens when the potential was there all along and the LEADERSHIP on the team does things behind the scenes that matters -- I'm hoping for that on defense.

OFFENSIVELY -- my only hope is that sometimes you have to hit rock bottom to realize that drastic changes must be put into place.

I'm hoping Scangarello convinces Stoops he has to abandon the "complementary offense" he wants him to employ when the other team is GOING to score points.

2nd, I'm hoping he realizes that he can't keep expecting this OL to protect the way they should on-paper...that means more RB screens early...more "quick game" (1-2-or 3-step passes to one of two receivers running routes specifically designed to put ONE defender in a bind)...throw on run downs/run on pass downs...more TE involvement off play-action -- think play-action as chain-movers, not shot plays.
We’ve had 10 games to learn this stuff about the offense, doubt things will change now.

I will be at the game ready to go to battle with my fellow Big Blue Fans.
We will fight with honor.

That said sadly this war tomorrow is not one we can win.

gncfE3CP-600x338.jpg

We might get 2 punts blocked in the first quarter. I'd take Levis not getting hurt again and call it a win, because we sure don't want to lose next week.

Media dissing coaches.
Hampered QB.

I feel for Will. The offensive line's performance has to be one of the worse in Kentucky Football history. Forty sacks are allowed, and counting is horrendous.

Unless our head coach had an epiphany this week, you are going to see the following events:

Win toss? Defer to second half, Georgia received kickoff. 4 plays later touchdown. Kentucky first possession: Rodriguez up the middle, no gain. Rinse repeat, punt. A whole lot of the same. End of second quarter we will take a knee and eat our 3 timeouts not even trying to score at this point. Georgia 49-0. And yes I’m an optimist
Couldn't have said that any better! This is exactly what's going to happen.

Reactions: calismyhero
Will gets hurt tomorrow count UL a loss. GA line is going to be in his shit all day. Our OL couldn’t stop my grandmother and she’s been dead for over 40 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT