ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Jordan enters portal

He says he will have 4 yrs of eligibility, but only way that is true is if he drops down to 1-AA/FCS. He can't be eligible to play 2023 if he transfers to D1/FBS, as he is in the portal after the window closed.

If this guy has legitimate world class speed he'll make a helluva lot of money running track. Good luck to him.

Reactions: The-Hack
I wonder if this was a playing time issue, or perhaps the staff asked him to concentrate more on football and less on track?

Think we're down to 8 scholarship WR's now. Pretty sure we have 7 or 8 TE's. That is really unbalanced. Hope we can find a transfer.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
Once again, this is likely a track decision especially based on his slight stature. If, and that's IF, he has world class speed he stands to make serious scrilla running track, working to qualify for the Olympic team. That would be a plus for him and UK.

Reactions: gobigblue812
Think we're down to 8 scholarship WR's now. Pretty sure we have 7 or 8 TE's. That is really unbalanced. Hope we can find a transfer.
How many of our TEs will/can split out in certain situations and are more of a H-back vs a 'true' TE? I truly don't know but, imo, Cummings may play more of a hybrid WR/TE than an on-the-line blocker/receiver like Kattus, Dingle, et al. There may be another one or two.

I guess it could be good news that the true FR will most likely see some significant snaps. Anthony definitely has the speed but, iirc, was pretty small and we have no idea if he actually knew how to play the position. Couldn't have been much of a blocker as small as he was. Sorry to see him go. Would've loved to see him stretch some defenses.

Reactions: JasonRDunn
BTW, the guy's name is Jordan Anthony.
Thank you. I was scrambling to remember who the OP was referencing.

I think the staff must have said he needed to make football a priority. He should probably stay at UK and just run track, but I suspect he wants both and wants to dictate the terms. It will be interesting to see where he lands. Super fast guys still need to get reps to be good. I think White, Anthony Brown, and Deckel improved their positions this spring. With Key and Barion Brown, that is a young group. Not sure Anthony could bump any of those guys without being in camp.

How many of our TEs will/can split out in certain situations and are more of a H-back vs a 'true' TE? I truly don't know but, imo, Cummings may play more of a hybrid WR/TE than an on-the-line blocker/receiver like Kattus, Dingle, et al. There may be another one or two.

I guess it could be good news that the true FR will most likely see some significant snaps. Anthony definitely has the speed but, iirc, was pretty small and we have no idea if he actually knew how to play the position. Couldn't have been much of a blocker as small as he was. Sorry to see him go. Would've loved to see him stretch some defenses.
I agree but one of the other 8 is Brandon White and he might be even smaller. So I'm concerned with our WR depth. Hopefully we can still snag a good transfer.

It wouldn't surprise me if he ended up at Ole Miss. He is from Miss. and they were the other finalist. Plus his HS teammate, Dillon, from the same class signed with OM.

I saw where TxAM has already offered. They have way too much money to remain irrelevant, right?

Posted here weeks ago it was unlikely he'd ever get pt. Still I'm surprised he didn't just drop football and focus on track. He's much too small for the sec based on seeing him in person. Jmo

I agree but one of the other 8 is Brandon White and he might be even smaller. So I'm concerned with our WR depth. Hopefully we can still snag a good transfer.
Doubt there is an SEC quality wide reciever still floating uncommitted in the portal on May 30th

We need true frosh WR Brown to contribute right away

He says he will have 4 yrs of eligibility, but only way that is true is if he drops down to 1-AA/FCS. He can't be eligible to play 2023 if he transfers to D1/FBS, as he is in the portal after the window closed.
Why would he enter now? Is the portal timing different for track?

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Doubt there is an SEC quality wide reciever still floating uncommitted in the portal on May 30th

We need true frosh WR Brown to contribute right away
I looked on TOS that has a database for transfer portal entries. There's still quite a few good, uncommitted WR's according to that site. Hope we can get one of them.

that is a fair question, UK track and field is really on the rise nationally
Read on HOB that though he had a great indoor season at 60m, he struggled in the 200. Once they went outdoor he struggled even more. They were saying he wanted to go somewhere that would better help him gain the strength for the 100/200. I honestly don't know but a few were saying this

Read on HOB that though he had a great indoor season at 60m, he struggled in the 200. Once they went outdoor he struggled even more. They were saying he wanted to go somewhere that would better help him gain the strength for the 100/200. I honestly don't know but a few were saying this

Makes sense. I really think his future is far better in track. Iirc we lost the superstar track coach and idk anything about this current one

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Why would he enter now? Is the portal timing different for track?

Nope, entering the portal May 30 for a football player makes zero sense. I know he already has some good football offers, but it seems like track is his priority. Obviously he doesn't care about playing the 2023 season.

Reactions: SECCountry75
Still a little disappointing, but he may make a lot more money without the same wear and tear on his body if he goes track full time. If he's going somewhere to play football, that doesn't make much sense to me.

Heard he entered the portal with the possibility of returning, but then said, “heck, they don’t even know my name” and decided to transfer.

Still a little disappointing, but he may make a lot more money without the same wear and tear on his body if he goes track full time. If he's going somewhere to play football, that doesn't make much sense to me.
Actually that would make sense if Anthony concluded he would not get on the field at Kentucky. Tayvion Robinson and Anthony Brown had a good spring while Anthony ran track. That made it look bad for his chances to play in the fall. He could not take snaps away from Dane or Barion, and probably not from Dekel at this point. Couple of good '24 receivers are visiting this month. Anthony may have felt recruited over. Maybe homesick too.

Actually that would make sense if Anthony concluded he would not get on the field at Kentucky. Tayvion Robinson and Anthony Brown had a good spring while Anthony ran track. That made it look bad for his chances to play in the fall. He could not take snaps away from Dane or Barion, and probably not from Dekel at this point. Couple of good '24 receivers are visiting this month. Anthony may have felt recruited over. Maybe homesick too.

Maybe. He's was going to get snaps, if he knew the plays, could make the plays, and was good at route running. They need to return to rotating their WRs. Just my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT