ADVERTISEMENT

Another painful loss in a game we should have won ... smfh

Dreklie

Junior
Oct 6, 2014
Nicholasville
I predicted 8-4, not feeling real confident about that right now.

Drops killed us, Chance Poore killed us, missed tackles killed us ... really need to fix those very basic fundamental things and quick.

We're probably a 6-6 team. We're not winning in columbia next week. Should beat Arky, UT, UT Martin, and UL. Mizzou at home will be tough, and Athens could be a slaughter. Don't count on a win in nashville either.

I dont know. I thought UT would be a win. Doubting that now. This team could lose all road games. How do you see them getting to six right now?

I really don't see this as a 6 win team right now. And if they don't get crap figured out soon it might not even be a 5 win team.

Got beat on both sides of the ball today. Should of put wood in there at the end for some reps.

Next week is going to be tougher, they need to win as bad or worse than we do and they have had the Kentucky game circled for a long time. The boosters and players are sick of losing to Kentucky and Muschamps seat will get even hotter if they lose. I'm not to optimistic.

The pick 6 hurt us, but it happens. The dropped passes hurt worse. Giving up pass plays hurt us too, but you can rationalize a bit with the young secondary. What really bothers me the most is giving up so much yardage on the ground. When we would get some pressure on their QB, he would turn it into a big rushing gain. Other times, our D line would get penetration and watch their RB run right by them. Drove me nuts.

I just don't fully get what caused such a drastic change between last year and this

Well ... we lost the most prolific touchdown scoring running back in the history of the program. We lost arguably the best defensive player in the history of the program. We lost virtually our entire secondary. And on top of all that, we lost our starting QB in the 2nd game of the season.

Yeah, I just can’t figure out why we might’ve taken a step back. Just mind boggling really.

I don’t think we should have won. We probably lost to a better team.
^^^^^^^^^
This! Not sure we “should have won” as we were the underdog on the road....UNLESS you’re going back to pre-season expectations with TTW under center.

The pick six on the first drive completely changed the game. Kentucky was planning to run a lot and pass a little, got behind and had to run little and pass a lot. The dropped passes were a killer as were the uncharacteristic missed tackles. There is no alternatives to Smith and we can only hope he improves with practice. He made some great throws along with some dogs.

Next week is going to be tougher, they need to win as bad or worse than we do and they have had the Kentucky game circled for a long time. The boosters and players are sick of losing to Kentucky and Muschamps seat will get even hotter if they lose. I'm not to optimistic.
No optimism here either.

Defense gave up 21 points, forced a couple turnovers, they wasn’t reason we lost this game.

Defense gave up 21 points, forced a couple turnovers, they wasn’t reason we lost this game.

They played okay on some series, good on other series, and downright bad on other series. They did not have a good game. No one did.

Since when is giving up 21 points considered good?

LOL 6.5 dawgs on the road but was suppose to win.
St was better upfront games are won upfront
They dominated upfront- our Dline was pitiful
Bowden was loafing Parts of game
Continues to quit on routes
Dropped crucial passes
Our Dline can get no pressure

Reactions: STL_Cat
We came out flat and got beat in the trenches. Our defense did not get a single 3&out the entire game. We made a ton of mistakes along with 3 dropped TD's AND 2 missed FGs! As bad as we played we still were in the game until once again giving the QB a 40 yard run to seal the deal.

The GOOD NEWS is that this only counts as one loss on our record! We get to lace 'em up again next week at USC...there is hope because Muschamp is at the wheel. Winners don't quit!

Giddyup

Reactions: The-Hack
They played okay on some series, good on other series, and downright bad on other series. They did not have a good game. No one did.

Since when is giving up 21 points considered good?
Guess how many teams won today scoring less than 21 points.....

ONE! Miami best central Michigan.

21 points a game would of put us right around 20th in country in defense last year. That is not a bad effort to an sec team

Reactions: AustinTXCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT