ADVERTISEMENT

Another crazy week for top 20

Dude it's Baylor. They are dog crap for the majority of their history and will be dog crap forever again. Drew won a title at effing Baylor. Apples to oranges to UKs resources.
UK's resources don't prevent losing streaks. Baylor was a top 15 team, the players and team they have are not made worse by the fact they have Baylor on their jersey instead of Kentucky.

People get way too caught up in the traditional success for a program. This board complains about losing to highly ranked non-traditional powers like those programs being historically bad has any bearing on the current season. We lost to a 3 seed KSU in the tournament last year and everyone acted like we lost to some awful team. They were a 3 seed, what that program did the previous 50 years is completely irrelevant. People act like losing to a 3 seed Kansas St. is somehow worse than losing to a 3 seed Kansas.

Baylor's history is irrelevant at this point. Drew's proven he can win there. A three game losing streak isn't good.

They’ll have Auburn and Kansas jump us because “their losses weren’t as bad”. Even though Auburn lost to Miss St. who isn’t as good as South Carolina. Duke will jump us. So I’m expecting 9th and wouldn’t shock me if they have Wisconsin jump us too. Can’t see how UK would be lower than 10 though.

UK's resources don't prevent losing streaks. Baylor was a top 15 team, the players and team they have are not made worse by the fact they have Baylor on their jersey instead of Kentucky.

People get way too caught up in the traditional success for a program. This board complains about losing to highly ranked non-traditional powers like those programs being historically bad has any bearing on the current season. We lost to a 3 seed KSU in the tournament last year and everyone acted like we lost to some awful team. They were a 3 seed, what that program did the previous 50 years is completely irrelevant. People act like losing to a 3 seed Kansas St. is somehow worse than losing to a 3 seed Kansas.

Baylor's history is irrelevant at this point. Drew's proven he can win there. A three game losing streak isn't good.

I also like hearing about how UK offers better resources.

What exactly? What is UK specifically offering that Baylor isn't? What more does Scott Drew get if he were to coach here, aside from pay?

I can tell you some negatives. He'll play for a much more demanding fanbase. He'll have to play with a target on his back every game. The expectations will be high. He will have almost zero in-state recruiting compared to Texas.

I also like hearing about how UK offers better resources.

What exactly? What is UK specifically offering that Baylor isn't? What more does Scott Drew get if he were to coach here, aside from pay?

I can tell you some negatives. He'll play for a much more demanding fanbase. He'll have to play with a target on his back every game. The expectations will be high. He will have almost zero in-state recruiting compared to Texas.
Have you been to Waco? Good lord Lexington is like Shangrila compared to freakin Waco.

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
#6, 7, 8 (twice), 9, 10, 11 (twice), 15, & 16 lost this week. All but #7 and one of #11 losses to unranked teams.

Does 12 Duke leap up 6 spots?
How far do the Cats fall?
I won’t be surprised to see us fall to 9-12 range.
Probably be like 8th I think after the W today. Media still believes in us quite a bit.

They’ll have Auburn and Kansas jump us because “their losses weren’t as bad”. Even though Auburn lost to Miss St. who isn’t as good as South Carolina. Duke will jump us. So I’m expecting 9th and wouldn’t shock me if they have Wisconsin jump us too. Can’t see how UK would be lower than 10 though.
Nah Kansas lost twice this week right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT