ADVERTISEMENT

Andrew Carr Tweet about UK

Pope's success in such a compressed amount of time is remarkable even though haters are working hard to find something to complain about.
I’ve not seen many haters. But I would caution against super lofty expectations. Of course he will find enough bodies to fill a roster but there’s a lot of unknown on that short bench right now.

I’ve not seen many haters. But I would caution against super lofty expectations. Of course he will find enough bodies to fill a roster but there’s a lot of unknown on that short bench right now.
And I think most realize. At some point we’ll turn attention to facing Duke early. Then that starts a whole new observation.

You’re right, our staff will stop recruiting the portal now 🙄

Reactions: NociHTTP
Fewer unknowns about Pope's players than a new class of 5-star players who are not physically or mentally prepared to play the game.

I must have missed Oweh. But Lamont Butler is kind of meh to me.

However, those 3 over the weekend, I'll take it for sure.
I think your gonna be pleased with Lamar Butler. He is tough as nails and experienced.
He's like the farmers insurance commercial..

He knows a thing or two because he's seen a thing or two......and he knows how to get to the final 4.

Really happy that we were able to get this kid locked up! I've been impressed with the roster building that Pope has done thus far. If we can get Mahaney and Robinson committed, look out! Pope is recruiting to roles and building a team!

Another nice pick up. Welcome to the BBN!

UK-Fiction.gif

Reactions: Fox2monk
We time stamping this? Because I still see a team that isn't going to do much. We have a lot more moves we need to make.
Are we time stamping this? We can if that makes you feel better.

I agree we have more moves to make, but I disagree greatly in the negativity towards how the roster has progressed thus far and yours vs mines outlook on it.

After everything we’ve been through as a fanbase the last 5 years, I’d give Pope his fair due and let him finish recruiting the team first. Then I’d like to see him coach them and recruit again with a year behind him at the program.

Lots of unknowns he needs to answer and that also is something recruits are aware of when deciding. However, I believe he’s good enough that it’ll workout for the better.

#KentuckyFirst

I love players who want to play for UK, and not us it as a stepping stone to the NBA.
Well just about all players have dreams of the NBA but if they just realize that playing at UK and putting that name on the front of the jersey first, it will help that name on the back of the jersey reach their goals of the NBA. Not every player will play in the NBA but playing here and putting the program above ones own self will also benefit the player the rest of their life...
We take care of our players....after they are thru playing here.

Hey look, I can’t wait to be in Rupp screaming and cheering for this team, I’m honored to cheer for and happy this kid is a Cat! I hope he has all the success in the world here!

The pitch to come play for Kentucky is, was, and always will be: Do you want to come play for a school and state that loves college basketball has the richest tradition and will be the wildest fan base you will see including the NBA. O by the way part of that fan base is alot of NIL money. Pope gets this, and there are plenty of elite players that would also love for their 1 or 2 years in college to be on this stage, but they are not all fits personality wise and I think pope also understands that.

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT