ADVERTISEMENT

Amari is Impressing and Looking Very Good !!

megablue

All-SEC
Oct 2, 2012
Please go find every UK related story and post a link thread just to piss know1 off.

The rest of us appreciate it.

Please go find every UK related story and post a link thread just to piss know1 off.

The rest of us appreciate it.
I'm retired and view facebook quite a bit. KY Sports links and bits are always popping up. I'll share anything I see that might of interest, as I know all who come here are interested in learning more about and following the Kentucky programs. I've learned a lot from stuff that so many others have shared. After all, this is a kindred community and I thought sharing was perhaps the biggest part of being here. GO CATS !!

I'm retired and view facebook quite a bit. KY Sports links and bits are always popping up. I'll share anything I see that might of interest, as I know all who come here are interested in learning more about and following the Kentucky programs. I've learned a lot from stuff that so many others have shared. After all, this is a kindred community and I thought sharing was perhaps the biggest part of being here. GO CATS !!
Post em all, love articles about summer and practice.

I do not see the Chuck Hayes comp at all. One is 6-10 the other MAYBE 6-4 (I know he was listed at 6-6). One a post player, center, the other a physical undersized power forward. Chuck out worked people, hustled and got to the open spots / tracked the ball well rebounding. Williams uses his size, weight, and length. Both are / where very good passers, that is about the only similarities I see in their games.
Chuck Hayes succeeded on grit, and simply outworked everyone else. Not a great shooter / scorer, but damn he bodied people for rebounds and could hit a cutter to the basket with laser precision. IF every player played with Chuck's heart and determination, the game of basketball would so much more enjoyable to watch. He and Daniels was just "different". Two forwards who had elite passing ability and played the game the "right" way. Their will to win was second to none. I need to see Williams for a bit to say he is "that" kind of player.

Last edited:
I guess what I feel is that just posting article links without actually commenting on them isn't really what a message board is for. Anyone who wants UK news in an article form can follow those news sources separately.

I have no real issue if someone posts articles, but I feel pretty strongly that the person should post their opinion of the article or the part they found interesting or add SOMETHING to the post beyond just the link.

It feels like there are several posters who just create threads to post an article and contribute nothing to the discussion.

I guess what I feel is that just posting article links without actually commenting on them isn't really what a message board is for. Anyone who wants UK news in an article form can follow those news sources separately.

I have no real issue if someone posts articles, but I feel pretty strongly that the person should post their opinion of the article or the part they found interesting or add SOMETHING to the post beyond just the link.

It feels like there are several posters who just create threads to post an article and contribute nothing to the discussion.
Gotta disagree with you. I don’t have time to search for UK related stories. This is my go to place to glance at UK football/basketball news. I like the links. The link title (and source) determines if I click on it. The links serve as a news curator for me knowing I can come to one place for 5-10 mins and see what’s going on with UK sports.

I DON’T click on links from posters I don’t recognize or sketchy looking links.

I

I appreciate him posting articles I may have missed. If he wants to share his opinion, great. If not, I'm happy just seeing the article. You are the only one annoyed by it and frankly, annoy everyone else. Perhaps message boards aren't for you.

This is good to know. When it was reported someone was underwhelming during practice I was hoping it wasn't him. We are gonna need both him and Garrison to produce

Message received. I won't mention it again. I apologize.

Maybe I'll just go and fill up the entire front page with every link I can find that's even remotely connected to (and sometimes not) UK basketball. It sounds like all you guys who don't have the time to go find any info on your favorite team would be completely in favor of that.

I’ve had know1 on ignore for about 5 years after it came out he was a Duke fan, just FYI. He lives for your responses
I guess you won't see this, but you have to be kidding with the Duke fan comment. Just because I was policing the message board for spam - but I've given that up as of 19 minutes ago - doesn't mean I'm not a UK fan. The only time I have ever posted on a different team's board was once or maybe twice on Louisville's and they immediately banned me there. You probably put be on ignore because about 6-7 years ago was when I started banging the Cal-needs-to-go drum. At that time, a lot of people thought that was anti-UK.

Last edited:
We have mods to police the board. Let them do their jobs. If you don't like content someone posts, use the ignore feature.
Yeah - I said I wouldn't do it again and apologized. You could take your own advice on that as well. People complaining about posts complaining about posts are just hypocrites.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT