ADVERTISEMENT

Am I the only one that thinks UK is the team to beat this season?

He's getting 5.5 million dollars.
Probably pocket change to a keyboard warrior such as yourself.
Have a nice day.
what does that have to do with being a successful coach? There are no shortage of coaches who fooled a franchise/program into giving them a big contract and not living up to it…sorry to burst your bubble that life is in fact not a meritocracy.

Think about it..we not only have a killer roster but we have a competent coach! We not only have talent but we have big time experience! We also have a Pitino guy.

Thats a deadly combo that we really havent had since 1997.
What does having a Pitino guy have to do with it? I like Pope, but Pitino has nothing to do w it

Also, setting the bar pretty low there. I personally wouldn’t consider myself wrong in that scenario, barring more context.
Dude we get it your not a UK fan and you are here to troll. Time to move on.. And no this is not what I think will happen but I am replying to your absurd post and downplaying Mark Pope. Who was considered successful at BYU I think it has been well documented the road blocks he had at BYU and finished 6th in what considered the toughest conference last year..

Doesn't really matter I guess we will see soon enough.

Reactions: Cleatortoises
Every time I start to give someone grief for something they post, I remember what I said several months ago:

"THE Pope has a better chance of coaching Kentucky than MARK Pope." When I remember that, I just retreat into the background.
Is that pope/Pope quote a real one and who said it? Thanks in advance.

Almoror 16.4
Robinson 14.2
Carr 13.5
Williams 12.2(13.7 year before)
Oweh 11.4
Brea 11.1
Krissa 11.0
Butler 9.3
Garrison 7.5

Perry all-time leader scorer in KY HS basketball history, KY Mr. Basketball
Noah 5th all-time leading scorer in KY HS basketball history
Chandler top 40 recruit avg 24 his Senior year of HS, Utah Mr. Basketball
That's 106.6 points per game not counting Perry, Noah and Chandler who are all know for shooting and scoring. Pope is a offensive genius who knows how to put points on the board. I don't think we will have a problem scoring with anybody in the nation.
Not saying it isn’t true but Pope is an offensive genius? Very high praise.

Not saying it isn’t true but Pope is an offensive genius? Very high praise.

Yes IMO he runs his offense like a video game. I've seen several D1 coaches praising it especially in his conference. I know Self and Sampson are on record saying it's nearly impossible to game plan BYU with Pope as the coach. Also watched a few videos of Pope coached team running offensive and the guys that were breaking it down were talking about how unique and hard it is to guard all the moving parts from the plays he has. needless to say now Pope has the best player from that team Robinson to go along with 8 other highly skilled players who have multiple years played and 3 exciting frosh to run this offensive. I'll stick by my guns and say UK will be able to score with anybody it's if we play defense great that's going to be the key of how good we can be.

Ky I think will surprise alot of people they will be good, alot of experience and good shooters and good size and Pope is a good coach.

Dude we get it your not a UK fan and you are here to troll. Time to move on.. And no this is not what I think will happen but I am replying to your absurd post and downplaying Mark Pope. Who was considered successful at BYU I think it has been well documented the road blocks he had at BYU and finished 6th in what considered the toughest conference last year..

Doesn't really matter I guess we will see soon enough.
I was responding to your post saying simply making the tournament and winning one game would be considered an unmitigated success.

For the record, he gets a pass for this year unless we’re complete garbage. It’ll be the following year or the next when it’ll be completely fair to judge if he’s gonna be the guy or not.

Again, as others have pointed out, not sure why you are having such a hard time understanding the nuance of continuing to support the program while questioning the hire. We just hired a guy who has won one tournament game…I’m supposed to jump to the conclusion this guy is gonna maintain the level of success we expect based on what his actual record is? That doesn’t mean I don’t hope it happens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT