ADVERTISEMENT

Aly Khalifa enters transfer portal with "do not contact" tag

And our players other than a few absolutely sucked against Oakland. Did you watch any film?

I think he was just commenting to your comment stating he could shoot, we really needed him etc.

Im all aboard the Pope train and expect hurdles the first year but this guy from BYU will not be very good if he plays for us. Role player. A big body. Not much more. And that’s okay.

No idea. Have to wait to see who he hires as a Staff. That will also decide his fate and that's not saying he can't do it. But you are at the adult table now--time to start recruiting like it.

To be fair it’s been like 2 days lol. He can’t really recruit yet as most are already signed. Yes portal guys but he’s also brand new to UK.

I’m more interested and think it’s a sign of the future on how he recruits during/ after next season and who he brings in from the portal then.

I’m honestly hoping we can keep Burks, but not sure if he’ll stay. He’s talented and has a chance to play a bunch of minutes

There is a better chance Reed Sheppard, DJ Wagner, Boogie Fland, Billy Richmond, Travis Perry, will be on our roster than Chandler. He chose a mission trip for 2 years. He cares more about his faith than basketball.
Chandler already served his Mission. He was a '22 recruit.

He's going to play somewhere this upcoming season. Might as well recruit him.

Chandler already served his Mission. He was a '22 recruit.

He's going to play somewhere this upcoming season. Might as well recruit him.
Yes. I know. He chose a mission trip over basketball, because God led him to that decision. It’s voluntary. I have a feeling God is going to lead him to the decision to stay at BYU.

Yes. I know. He chose a mission trip over basketball, because God led him to that decision. It’s voluntary. I have a feeling God is going to lead him to the decision to stay at BYU.
God led Mark Pope to leave BYU and his entire family is Mormon.

Maybe God will tell Chandler to follow the man he committed to via basketball. I mean he took other visits out of HS too. He didn't just shut down his recruitment and only visit BYU.

I think he was just commenting to your comment stating he could shoot, we really needed him etc.

Im all aboard the Pope train and expect hurdles the first year but this guy from BYU will not be very good if he plays for us. Role player. A big body. Not much more. And that’s okay.
Well some of that "much more" are his amazing passing and assist numbers and his 35% for 3s. But accentuate the negative, eliminate the positive. And look down on Mr. In-Between.

God led Mark Pope to leave BYU and his entire family is Mormon.

Maybe God will tell Chandler to follow the man he committed to via basketball. I mean he took other visits out of HS too. He didn't just shut down his recruitment and only visit BYU.
Mark pope went on a mission trip before going to college?
Mark Pope went to BYU?
I guess he could follow pope. Like I guess Reed Sheppard, DJ Wagner return, like I guess boogie Fland and Billy Richmond still come here

If you can shoot, pass, rebound, guard, be very tough and have a coach that coaches. That's what I'm wanting. After watching the hoop summit last night. I seen a mookie Blaylock in vj edgecombe. And everyone else trying to get theirs. It was great for years having the best recruits available. But after 2015, we didn't technically get who we wanted most of the time which lead to most of the demise. But you are still getting alot of the crop. But coached was not one of them. Here is a tidbit : Isn't it ironic? Once these high profile recruits we did get which went on to the nba! Seem to really flourish under new coaches lol. And the recruiting classes we got that weren't as good! Those players have had alot less success at next level."

Mark pope went on a mission trip before going to college?
Mark Pope went to BYU?
I guess he could follow pope. Like I guess Reed Sheppard, DJ Wagner return, like I guess boogie Fland and Billy Richmond still come here
Pope is of the same faith and Missions aren't required. You can do them or not, up to you. There have been athletes who chose schools other than BYU who have done Missions and then returned to sports. Pope being of same faith gives UK a chance here. Chandler had numerous options but one reason he chose BYU was Pope and his basketball background, not just due to the ties via the Church.

Pope is of the same faith and Missions aren't required. You can do them or not, up to you. There have been athletes who chose schools other than BYU who have done Missions and then returned to sports. Pope being of same faith gives UK a chance here. Chandler had numerous options but one reason he chose BYU was Pope and his basketball background, not just due to the ties via the Church.
And btw, there are at least two Mormon churches in Lexington Ky.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
Trilly posted a gif of Pat Kelsey. Looks like they got Khalifia lol
Kelsey doing work--keep getting them Pat. This one is going to help Kentucky as much as it will Louisville.

Also will add that I'm very glad he landed J'Vonne Hadley. He's a mercenary and was in HS too. MN kid. He's a guy who if in a role is a nice addition, but you'll have to sell him he's a role player and he thinks he's a program changer. Was that attitude in HS and been that way in college.

Pat's "doing work" on the trail and love (as a UK fan) what he's doing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT