ADVERTISEMENT

Aly Khalifa enters transfer portal with "do not contact" tag

He is big and a role player and not a skinny freshman that can’t survive the rigors of the sec. Do you ever have anything positive to say? Geez.
Just saying if that’s one of this first it’s not exciting. We bring this kind of guy on as a transfer under any other coach we aren’t excited, only reason some are pretending is because we have a new coach.

Just saying if that’s one of this first it’s not exciting. We bring this kind of guy on as a transfer under any other coach we aren’t excited, only reason some are pretending is because we have a new coach.
If pope spends NIL on guys like this, it'll make me question this a lot more! He needs to keep that money for the best portal/highschool guys! I'm afraid he will be content with a average lineup when he better go after the best. He needs to go after the best and then play the best!

They call him the "Egyptian Magician" because he really is an incredible passer for a guy his size. That's the main part of his game--offense at BYU ran through him a good chunk of the time he was on the floor.

He can hit the 3 at a decent clip for his size but isn't spectacular at it. Slow and not very athletic as others have pointed out. Rebounds decently. Fun player to watch just because of his passing, and I'd be glad to have him (I watched about half of BYU's games last season FWIW).

As others have also said, I think he would be a good player to have alongside another big like Big Z if Pope can convince him to stay.

Maybe Pope will have Nazr come work with him on boosting his interior play. They are both Muslim and both fast during Ramadan while playing ball, thus some cultural/religious commonalities exist. Would be a good relationship for coach to leverage.

Khalifa is a critical piece for the offense. Great passer, great IQ, and he screens up top as well as anyone at this level. He's also proficient enough at shooting that you can't leave him out there. Defense and lateral quickness are weakness from what I saw.
BYU first rd loss to Duquense he went 0-6, 0-4 from 3 for 0 pts and 2 rebs.

He didn't play for Pope/BYU, but another kid we might want to make a run at out of Utah is Great Osobor from Utah State. I don't know if he's planning on following his coach to Washington or not. But he would be a "Great" pickup. Solid 3/4 player with good handles.

Some of you guys damn…. Trust in the coach…

It's going to take a long time to get rid of the brainwashing we endured for the last 15 years.

Gotta quit looking at recruiting rankings and "eye test" type stuff and realize our coach is going to be recruiting players who fit in his system with an emphasis on shooting and passsing ability, instead of trying to find the 6-7 best 18-year-old athletes who may or may not possess any actual basketball skills.

And our players other than a few absolutely sucked against Oakland. Did you watch any film?
I don't watch a lot of BYU games except the NCAAT. Just saying he wasn't impressive. Sure it's 1 game, but us anyone here watching a ton of BYU?

However even when they beat KU only other game I watched do looked it up. He went 1-5 and had 2 rebs. I don't know if he's Kentucky good.

Good passer, High IQ, and can knock down 3s at 6’11”

Not really athletic, slower side, and no clue defensively.

Pope is going to bring in guys that fit his system. Probably going to look a bit diff than what we’re used to especially the bigs.
So an Egyptian Kyle Wiltjer. idk. That didn't work out so well in the SEC last time.

He's big and slow... not sure about his defense. But... he can certainly pass the ball, and he knows Pope's offense.
Thanks for pointing this out, Meow ... Aly certainly can pass the ball. He averaged 4.0 assists per game last season. Pretty attractive stat for a 6'11" guy.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
If you have him to backup BiG Z then you ALWAYS have elite passing at the 5 spot or 4 spot in the game.
Passing big men were very helpful in the tourney this year for several teams in several games. That passing helps generate easy layups and easy 3's.
This egyptians passing is elite you better believe it .

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Chandler Robinson and hall would the only ones I want from BYU maybe Saunders but that’s it. Robinson is a for sure get, the other 3 are sure if they want to come

Reactions: JPFisher
This guy’s terrible. He touched my ass I’m filing a complaint with UK.
Tom Delonge Wtf GIF by Justin

Reactions: Skyguyb27
He's not a volume scorer but he can pass the ball and is good enough from 3 points land to stretch defenses. He'd be a good bench player.

Basically a poor man's Mitchell minus the potential scoring output. Unathletic, heady and mature big who has passing and shooting ability but won't be relied on to be the go-to man. I'll take it if we can pair him with a more dominant big man.

Yep.We need players but no need to take a bunch of weak players.Everyone keeps saying the NIL is gushing for pope so get some studs in the portal.No excuses.
Just think about the BYU players up against the bruisers at South Carolina. They probably wouldn't even be able to compete.

• Haha
Reactions: DeerTurkHunter1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT