ADVERTISEMENT

Aly Khalifa, a 6-foot-11 big man, is down to three schools

He is a great ELITE passer but slow footed. Defensively he would get wasted in the SEC.
Needs to quicken up but he's probably no slower than DJ Burns. He can definitely pass the ball like him

Reactions: ZagsVisitor
I get not being blown away by this guy, but we can use guys coming off the bench. We still have 13 spots to fill as of right now. I'm OK if he's like spot 9 to 13. If the UK strength guys can talk him into improving his body who knows what he might become.

4.1 assists as a center. Not sure if I have seen that before. Yes he is not an elite athlete. Sounds like a poor man’s Jokic. Good player, size and skill- great for depth as well. I’d say he is a take.

I will take a bench piece that knows the system.

I can get by without said bench piece that knows the system.

Skilled but seems too slow to not give up at least as much as he contributes.

Reactions: BassProCat
Watch him play against good teams before you opine. There are BYU games vs. Iowa State and Kansas on Youtube.

Reactions: dl51344
I will take a bench piece that knows the system.

I can get by without said bench piece that knows the system.

Skilled but seems too slow to not give up at least as much as he contributes.

Dont like 38% shooting from a center. That is pathetic. Like I said bench guy only it'd a solid signing.

I get not being blown away by this guy, but we can use guys coming off the bench. We still have 13 spots to fill as of right now. I'm OK if he's like spot 9 to 13. If the UK strength guys can talk him into improving his body who knows what he might become.
His experience in Popes system and playing in the NCAA is enough for me to say sign him up with all our available roster spaces.

It is apparent that many of you did not watch on BYU games or footage of their games. Big guy can pass and rebounds good. If Pope wants him here I am fine with it. Would help others learn the system quicker.

He can come here and be a role player off the bench. Kentucky still has to bring him more talented players at his position to protect the paint in the SEC. Still going to need some BYU players that are already familiar with Pope's offensive sets while the others get acclimated.

4.1 assists as a center. Not sure if I have seen that before. Yes he is not an elite athlete. Sounds like a poor man’s Jokic. Good player, size and skill- great for depth as well. I’d say he is a take.
He is perfect for what he does and what Pope wants from him. Pope's offense is hard to guard with Khalifa as point-center.

He is a great ELITE passer but slow footed. Defensively he would get wasted in the SEC.
Needs to quicken up but he's probably no slower than DJ Burns. He can definitely pass the ball like him
He played in the Big 12. They are a pretty good conference. I like that he doesn't get rattled and make bad passes. Many see him as the best passer last year in cbb. Made some beautiful passes. He can make 3's when open. If he lost 25-30 lbs and better shape he could fill that roll that Mitchell had plus the heavy 5 we needed in certain games.

Last edited:
This guy was a key piece on a pope team that was better than UK last year. Some of you need to stop being so arrogant. We want to get this guy.

How were they better? UK had a highe ncaa tourney seed and finished higher in its conference and had a higher win percentage (albeit slightly) . Both teams flamed out n first round.

Neither team was anything to write home about honestly.

Reactions: track42
Here's what BYU fans had to say about him in Joe Tiptons twitter thread

Incredible passing, insane game knowledge. Probably a perfect player for Pope’s system, but he was in terrible shape last year due to injury recovery. If UK gets him, he’ll be really good.
-
Honestly if you get him you should be really excited. He will completely open up what your offense can do. All of his criticisms can be directly related to his knee. He put off surgery that he’s needed all season in order to help our team. After that he’ll be much more mobile.
-
Good shot blocker, good rebounder, good defensive presence, next level passing, inconsistent on shots, hard to really tell where the ceiling is with knee troubles all season (would love to have him back, very unselfish player)
-
Not good, very slow, can’t jump, not a great shooter, good passer though
-
Can pass and shoot. Not athletic but in fairness has dealt with a knee injury. Great role player.
-
Sets up plays very well. Amazing eye for passing. Tons of assists to Dallon last year, little slow though. Shoots the 3 nicely.

It is apparent that many of you did not watch on BYU games or footage of their games. Big guy can pass and rebounds good. If Pope wants him here I am fine with it. Would help others learn the system quicker.
He's a shit rebounder. A lot of his rebs were due to not being able to finish at the rim as well. Pass on this. Go to UofL or stay at BYU and we're good.

How were they better? UK had a highe ncaa tourney seed and finished higher in its conference and had a higher win percentage (albeit slightly) . Both teams flamed out n first round.

Neither team was anything to write home about honestly.
They performed similarly, but BYU had a higher NET rating and kenpom rating. I agree we want to be better than that, but when we are building from nothing with a new coach, having a dependable player who fit the system well is valuable.

Needs to quicken up but he's probably embarass himselfslower than DJ Burns. He can definitely pass the ball like him
Played in B12 this year and didn't embarass himself. If Z isn't smart enough to stay and seize the opportunity bring him on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT