ADVERTISEMENT

Alvin Brooks III hired

Brooks has worked for Drew for several years. I'm sure he has great respect for Drew, so I wouldn't think he would try to take any players with him. Now, if a player calls him and wants out, that might be different.
I have a feeling that Drew really didn't want to be here, and made it a "family decision". If Edgecombe wants to be here, take him!

Because, as we all know so well, the only thing that ever went through and still goes through Cal's mind in all phases of his "coaching" is "DRAFT....DRAFT.....GOTTA GET THESE KIDS TO THE DRAFT.....DRAFT.....BUH BUH DRAFT....HUHUHUH DRAFT!!

He's the equivalent of Everett McGill in Oh Brother Where Art Thou?, except instead of "my hair", Cal wakes up every morning blurting out "my draft!".

z85A9nx.gif
Getting fired up just thinking of this stuff because to watch this program spend nearly two decades of where UK fans were told to put Kentucky's interests aside to simply care about one and done's getting NBA money is ridiculous. I don't give a single crap if Arkansas magically goes to the Final Four this year, I wanted Cal's brand gone.

Thing of it is, Hart and Brooks will not have to sign 4 or 5 five stars every year. They can pick and choose their couple of 5 stars here and there and mostly be able to get the right players that fit the system. As good as their reputation is recruiting that should not be too hard with the history of the program to support them. Will be interesting to see what two good coaches and very good recruiters can do at a Kentucky.

The GM/Nil role may not necessarily be someone who was a great basketball player but someone who is a good experienced manager.

Because we’re pretending that Mark Fox isn’t Bruiser Flint part 2. He nailed the 3 other coaches tho.
Fox is the most successful Georgia coach in quite some time. Put Bruiser at Georgia and you have another KP situation.

Reactions: dl51344
Fox is the most successful Georgia coach in quite some time. Put Bruiser at Georgia and you have another KP situation.
Fox was bad at Georgia and atrocious at Cal. Funny how Kentucky fans don’t have that same energy with Mark Stoops who is the best coach UK football has had in my lifetime but do backflips to defend 3-29 Mark Fox. Mark Fox literally had a worse than Kenny Payne situation at Cal.

This is exactly the type of thing we've been missing sorely and why I'd been calling for a new coach since about 2018. We had a do-nothing staff that was doing....well, nothing.

It's been shocking to me to see how many people have wanted to retain or return various parts of Cal's staff.

Because, as we all know so well, the only thing that ever went through and still goes through Cal's mind in all phases of his "coaching" is "DRAFT....DRAFT.....GOTTA GET THESE KIDS TO THE DRAFT.....DRAFT.....BUH BUH DRAFT....HUHUHUH DRAFT!!

He's the equivalent of Everett McGill in Oh Brother Where Art Thou?, except instead of "my hair", Cal wakes up every morning blurting out "my draft!".

z85A9nx.gif
That's such a great movie.

Reactions: BBUK and TheDude73
As for the last hire, hope we do not limit ourselves to a certain group of people. This is UK and we should hire the best from the coaching ranks.

Reactions: bookerfan66
I think pulling VJ from Baylor is a longshot.. I'm not getting my hopes up and am just glad that we seemingly got one of the nations better recruiters. It will pay off soon enough.
At this point Baylor would have to release him from his NLI and that's not happening.

Fox was bad at Georgia and atrocious at Cal. Funny how Kentucky fans don’t have that same energy with Mark Stoops who is the best coach UK football has had in my lifetime but do backflips to defend 3-29 Mark Fox. Mark Fox literally had a worse than Kenny Payne situation at Cal.
Last I checked Pope is the HC and not Fox.

Fox was 30 games over .500 at Georgia and led them to two NCAAT’s. Name another guy in the last 25 years that accomplished that.

And Kentucky fans? Well, at least you admit that you’re a troll.

You gave the one who chewed gum to much credit. He didn’t even have to recruit
I know. All he did was sit there and chew gum. Another one of Cal’s buddies getting paid to do nothing. Maybe Brad can improve Bruiser’s skills and introduce him to Double Bubble.

Reactions: ruppsrunt66
Fox was 30 games over .500 at Georgia and led them to two NCAAT’s. Name another guy in the last 25 years that accomplished that.

And Kentucky fans? Well, at least you admit that you’re a troll.
Tubby Smith in 2 years at Georgia just off the top of my head. It’s a lot easier to win at Georgia in basketball than Kentucky in football. The point is Mark Fox has been flat out bad, why change the standards for Mark Fox? Since when is 2 NCAA Tournaments in 9 years at a power 5 school considered good? Why not have that same support for Mark Stoops who has done a lot more in a job that’s harder to win?

Yeah, I’m a troll who is worried about Mark Fox and defending Mark Stoops. Everyone who disagrees with y’all us somehow a troll.

Last edited:
Tubby Smith in 2 years at Georgia just off the top of my head. It’s a lot easier to win at Georgia in basketball than Kentucky in football. The point is Mark Fox has been flat out bad why change the standards for Mark Fox? Since when is 2 NCAA Tournaments in 9 years at a power 5 school considered good? Why not have that same support for Mark Stoops who has done a lot more in a job that’s harder to win?

Yeah, I’m a troll who is worried about Mark Fox and defending Mark Stoops. Everyone who disagrees with y’all us somehow a troll.

Why are you going on and on about Mark Fox? He’s the director of NIL and helps with scouting. It’s practically the lowest position on staff? Who gives a shit about the 4th or 5th guy behind the coach. I honestly don’t even know who’s 4th or 5th in line for the presidency.

Why are you going on and on about Mark Fox? He’s the director of NIL and helps with scouting. It’s practically the lowest position on staff? Who gives a shit about the 4th or 5th guy behind the coach. I honestly don’t even know who’s 4th or 5th in line for the presidency.
I made a statement and replied to the person who tried to sell me that he was a good coach when he’s been objectively awful. Director of NIL would be an administrative position, not an assistant coach position. Also nothing about his role is official, UK has only officially announced Fueger and Hart.

If Fox isn't in the NIL/GM role, that would open the door for Nazr or another former player whose name escapes me. I think he's a manager or has some admin role with an NBA team out west.

Not saying either would take it, but Nazr might love UK enough to give it a go.
Not sure who the other play is you might be referring too. The other former player in an exec position is Prince as a VP with the Grizzlies. I just don't think any of these guys would want to leave a job like that to come work in the current state of college basketball with the NIL/transfer portal.

Reactions: fla.cat
I didn't think Fox was in a GM position. My understanding was he was a non-recruiting assistant brought in for x's and o's and specifically defense.
It's possible, but since he was most recently in charge of student-relations and NIL at Georgetown, I'd figure that's where he's headed at UK, especially since Pope alluded to needing a position similar to that. But I also haven't seen an official announcement re: Fox either

Tubby Smith in 2 years at Georgia just off the top of my head. It’s a lot easier to win at Georgia in basketball than Kentucky in football. The point is Mark Fox has been flat out bad, why change the standards for Mark Fox? Since when is 2 NCAA Tournaments in 9 years at a power 5 school considered good? Why not have that same support for Mark Stoops who has done a lot more in a job that’s harder to win?

Yes. You are such a big UK fan that you decided to start posting on a message board last Friday.

And if you read carefully what I said, I said in the last 25 years at Georgia. Tubby was over 25 years ago. Georgia has been pretty awful no matter who the coach is since then. It’s because nobody there cares.

Supposedly, he's already signed his NLI. He could possibly get out of it, but I'm not certain.

The thing with getting out of those things is any coach is not going to say no. If the kid doesn't want to be there any coach would say ok....especially a coach like Scott Drew. I have to think it is a possibility if Pope wants him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT