ADVERTISEMENT

Along with James Wiseman, which of the following bigs will we sign?

TopCatCal

Senior
Dec 10, 2012
Carey, McDaniels, Hurt, Cockburn, Stewart, Igiehon, Bacot, Tshiebwe

We are going to need a monster 2019 recruiting class. Not just in quality but in quantity, we'll need a 7/8/9 man class. Our perimeter players in our 2019 class is starting to come together. Maxey, Jeffries & I think it's safe to say that we get commitments from Kahlil Whitney & Dontaie Allen within the next 2 weeks. Those 4 plus either a point guard or a combo guard & our pg/sg/sf positions will be set for the 2019-20 season..... And then considering that we will probably be losing all 4 of our pf/c, PJ and EJ to the NBA's 1st round, Travis to graduation & Richards ready or not to the NBA draft. We will need to sign SEVERAL bigs. Can't imagine us signing 4 power forwards/centers. But we need to sign at least 3.... Question is. Who will we get?

No you haven't missed it. He is still less than a lock.
But he will still be a Cat more likely then not . He is only giving Memphis consideration due to Penny and he won't make a career decision based on consideration and liking a guy . He will go where he can best prepare to be the #1 pick in 2020 . That ain't Memphis. It won't help that Memphis is going to suck balls this season. It is a good ? the OP poses though we will need to sign replacements for Travis , EJ , PJ and probably Richards and all we have is DJ at combo forward right now . Wiseman at PF is a 2nd one but we will need 2 more bigs IMO .

Carey, McDaniels, Hurt, Cockburn, Stewart, Igiehon, Bacot, Tshiebwe

We are going to need a monster 2019 recruiting class. Not just in quality but in quantity, we'll need a 7/8/9 man class. Our perimeter players in our 2019 class is starting to come together. Maxey, Jeffries & I think it's safe to say that we get commitments from Kahlil Whitney & Dontaie Allen within the next 2 weeks. Those 4 plus either a point guard or a combo guard & our pg/sg/sf positions will be set for the 2019-20 season..... And then considering that we will probably be losing all 4 of our pf/c, PJ and EJ to the NBA's 1st round, Travis to graduation & Richards ready or not to the NBA draft. We will need to sign SEVERAL bigs. Can't imagine us signing 4 power forwards/centers. But we need to sign at least 3.... Question is. Who will we get?
Most of the guys you listed don’t have offers.

Hold on to your boners for a second but imagine if Richards and/or he come back. Stranger things have happened. If indeed Richards is here next yr I would want Carey. If not I’d take wiseman. Either way I couldn’t care less as long as we get one of the two

Reactions: KYtotheCore
Greg Anthony hates Ky. do you guys never see that when he's on tv. during the NCAA tournament... COLE will never play for KY.

Folks are getting Anthony mixed up with Kenny Smith, who went to UNC and does indeed hate all things UK. Greg Anthony has not done any NCAAT games since he got in trouble right around 2015.

That being said, Anthony probably ends up at UNC.

To be honest. I'm starting to feel like Carey is more of a UK lean than Wiseman. Not really sure why, just feels that way in my gut.
Considering Wiseman switched AAU teams to Hoop City, which was previously M33M, and is coached by mike miller's cousin, Ernie. It will do him some good to return to high school basketball so that he is not surrounded by all memphis influences.

But he will still be a Cat more likely then not . He is only giving Memphis consideration due to Penny and he won't make a career decision based on consideration and liking a guy . He will go where he can best prepare to be the #1 pick in 2020 . That ain't Memphis. It won't help that Memphis is going to suck balls this season. It is a good ? the OP poses though we will need to sign replacements for Travis , EJ , PJ and probably Richards and all we have is DJ at combo forward right now . Wiseman at PF is a 2nd one but we will need 2 more bigs IMO .

In your opinion...

Now we know we got James lol. Stop making a fool out of yourself son, you know nothing about him.

No, Cane makes no opinion. He states what will happen in the future, today. Does it always happen in the future? Rarely. But today, he's right.
IIRC you are very much in the know for the Memphis scene; if I may ask you, what is your prediction for Wiseman.

TIA

http://ukrecruiting.bloginky.com/2018/07/27/another-memphis-crystal-ball-pick-for-james-wiseman/

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
How do you know all of this ?

As of late a lot of guys that were ranked very high went to schools that made people scratch their heads.

IIRC you are very much in the know for the Memphis scene; if I may ask you, what is your prediction for Wiseman.

TIA

Not as much since I switched jobs but I still call Keith and a few guys I know that are connected. You just have to shift through the "Memphis gets everyone" weeds.

Memphis feels extremely confident about Wiseman.

I don't know where he will go at all but if I had to guess I'd probably say Memphis at this point unless he doesn't play at all. Memphis hired Penny for a reason, and Cal was going to offer Penny an assistant position for a reason.

I actually received a little info out of the coaching camp. Thought I'd make a post on it. Look for it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT