ADVERTISEMENT

All-Villain Team

First we need a point guard.

Joe Mazzula?
Shabazz Napier?
Milt Wagner?
Phil Ford?
Mike Bibby?
Ethan Martin from LSU going way back . And I can’t think of the dude from Tennessee I hated . Seems like maybe he played the same time as the Hopson kid from University Heights.

Dwayne Shintzus
Matt Walsh
Marshall Henderson
Miles Simon
Joakim Noah
Ricky Blanton

Not really picking a team, just throwing names out not mentioned. I'm sure I'll think of
Beat me to Henderson!

marshall-henderson-laughing-ole-miss-player.jpg

There was also Bernard King from years ago. UT ball player.
That Golke kid and Townsend kid from Oakland. They ate our lunch in a small sample of play last year.
The twins from Pitt also ran us ragged as well as David Robinson (although not a villain)

Lots of good ones so far. Here are some that haven’t been mentioned, yet.

Michael Graham from Georgetown in 84.
Corliss Williamson/Scotty Thurman
Chris Mullin for the Kenny Walker eye poke in 85
Rasheed Wallace
Jalen Rose (really, all of them)
Arthur Lee from Stanford in 98
Chuck Person
Dontae Jones (Miss St)
Matt Walsh/Teddy Dupay/Andrew Declercq
Steve Alford

Last edited:
Lots of good ones so far. Here’s some that haven’t been mentioned, yet.

Michael Graham from Georgetown in 84.
Corliss Williamson/Scotty Thurman
Chris Mullin for the Kenny Walker eye poke in 85
Rasheed Wallace
Jalen Rose (really, all of them)
Arthur Lee from Stanford in 98
Chuck Person
Dontae Jones (Miss St)
Matt Walsh/Teddy Dupay/Andrew Declercq
Steve Alford
Michael Graham! I couldn't think of the dudes name so I didn't mention it. Good(?) one there.

Henderson never really gave us problems, though.

Lot of Tennessee Vols on this list.. Fulkerson, Vescovi, and of course, Grant Williams. And it's not even like they were anything great. They were just mouthy floppers.

Napier
Bibby
Laettner
Maye
Frank Kaminsky Or can sub Decker in but he fits better in a traditional lineup.

A lot of regular season villains but these dudes hurt us when it counted.

Barry Goheen. Played for Vandy. Went to Marshall County High School. Was a big time shot taker and maker during his time at Vandy. He hit a lot of game winners. I remember wondering why couldn't he have been playing for us. One of the best clutch shooters I've ever seen.

Some of us older fans will remember these: Ernie and Bernie from UT, Kent Benson from IU, and Kelly Tripuka from ND
Yup!…..the Ernie & Bernie show popped up in my mind first but there are so many contributors that make this list. For those that lived in the Kirwin Complex during those E&B years, I remember The Commons not serving any oranges a few days before the Vols came to town. Lots of fun memories during those years on campus.

Anyone remember Dewayne Scales and Rudy (KY kid) Macklin that played for Dale Brown at LSU. I remember at near the end of a game in Lexington, LSU absolutely thumping the Cats, Scales received a long run out pass way ahead of UK defense…he turned held the ball right under the basket just waiting for UK to catch up then slammed it right as our guys got there. It was an in-your-face-UK moment I’ll not forget. So….tier 2 of villains: Scales and Macklin.

I don't really consider anybody mentioned to be a villain; they were just good players that got wins against Kentucky.
As far as players I hated to see playing against Kentucky 2 players stand above the rest for me because I knew we
had no answers for them, nobody that could guard them at all. I loved watching both after they were pros. I'm sure you've guessed by now I'm talking about Barkley and Shaq.

So let's get a definitive list of ten PGs decided on and make a poll and see who wins. And then do the same for every other position, and a sixth man.

Don't need a poll for the coach. The one and only option:

screen-shot-2022-02-23-at-92717-am.png

Reactions: FurdTerguson
I don't really consider anybody mentioned to be a villain; they were just good players that got wins against Kentucky.
As far as players I hated to see playing against Kentucky 2 players stand above the rest for me because I knew we
had no answers for them, nobody that could guard them at all. I loved watching both after they were pros. I'm sure you've guessed by now I'm talking about Barkley and Shaq.
Pretty sure Shaq never beat KY.

Noah swiped at a cheerleader on the baseline. If that’s not a villain then no one is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT